WR Cam Phillips signed to Bills 53; Robert Foster released/signed to PS

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Hey, bring me Rashard Matthews or Kenny Britt and kick RR McFumble to the curb too. Enough of UDFA Grade F meat around here. Let's bring some pros in and compete. We have the defense.

I would take literally anyone over Kenny Britt. Worst NFL WR I’ve ever watched live.

3 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

They will definitely keep Foster on PS.  Hard to believe anyone would pick him up for 53.

He can still put whiskey in OC's coffee when he is on practice squad but now he has time to go get it.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He'll be fine.  NASA will be hot after him.

Because they no longer use chimps?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wonder if anyone on TSW will be upset about Foster's release. 0:)

i am.  did josh hit him in the hands during the regular season?  the closest one i saw was when josh was determined to go to him and he was covered like skin x2.....

fortunately it was overthrown.  foster was just a 2nd, maybe 3rd read and that wasn't happening much. actually, cam and foster should both be playing.

if the vet is patient and uses the pocket, maybe those options will have time to open up. imo, rayray should be on the p.s......of course i would have reilly on the roster.

we need a younger faster hogan......bad....

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is anti-Bama. Watch out they will get you! Be prepared for SAT scores, 40 times and recruiting star rankings to come your way shortly 

Im a Bama fan and I was surprised he lasted this long. He didnt suck this bad at Bama.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm

Perhaps Kerner was showing Foster how to actually catch a football. 

I can't believe we wasted a roster spot on Foster instead of signing a QB week one to help mentor Allen.  Makes no sense.  Foster would have made PS all day.  No one would have claimed him.

2 hours ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

He looks like he has Kelvin Benjamin's speed, and is only 6 ft tall.  He couldn't be worse than Foster has looked, but not a stellar signing.  Guy does look like he has decent hands though and does come down with a lot of 50/50 balls.

KB speed, that is not a compliment, right.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jordan Matthews redux!

HEY ! 

Do not curse the Kid with such careless words.
next thing you know he is injured before starting a  game.

Like others , i like this kid Cam.

Hope he has developed his weaknesses and ready to go.

heck maybe he can take over Zay Jones as slot receiver type and also helping Kelvin Benjamin line up proper during pre snap !

Sincerely like this kid and rooting for him !  Watching for 87 sunday : )

He may be no robert foster ? but he has potential. !!

shoot, i got sarcastic again

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That squad lost 4 games! Terry Glenn AND Joey Galloway ... 

Reminds me of the time I went to the Cowboys-Bills game in 2003.

The Ohio State connection going head-to-head. The Cowboys WR's Vs. The Bills CB's.

Terry Glenn & Joey Galloway Vs. Nate Clements & Antoine Winfield.

It was a helluva game too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

With all that deep speed it's kind of surprising that Daboll couldn't figure out how to get a connection between Allen and Foster to keep defenses honest. There must have been some sort of Alabama connection somewhere. 

Anyway, cheers to a WR that will actually catch the passes thrown to him.

I think Daboll was hoping early on that Josh could connect with Foster on a couple deep throws to force opponents to defend the entire field.  That obviously didn't work out.

As far as I could tell, Foster's only football skill was that he could run fast.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

My guess - and it is only a guess, but with the change at QB for the next couple of weeks - Foster would have been even more of an unused asset.  DA will need more short and intermediate routes and that is where Cam comes in along with Zay.

Josh Allen could use a guy like Foster where as Anderson can not.  Josh just was not at a point trust wise to use Foster consistently and Foster did not make the plays when they tried.

I would not be surprised to see other changes to the WR group in the next couple of weeks since Anderson has not worked with any of these guys - a change is less of a big deal than when Josh was QB.

So a Big Arm QB like Anderson couldnt use a speed WR that cant teack a ball to save his life. Ooo nevermind your right. 

56 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Never watched the guy play at VT but watching his videos on youtube, he looks legit. Not sure why he went undrafted. I've read that some scouts were concerned about his speed but he catches plenty of deep balls in an 8 minute highlight video

I wish him the best but he has very small hands, he is not big, and ran a 4.79 40. For comparison a guy like KB at 6-5, 245 ran a 4.61. Obviously I hope he does great, but numbers like that don't often project.