TBD "Kelly The Dog" - great writer

I'm disappointed that I couldn't bring up the link. I'm sure I know what the take is if it has anything to do with Peterson. And I'm confident that the writing was clear and sharp. Although I'm confident that it was well stated I still disagree with it. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Thanks for the link and nice words. But you're not Spartacus!

He doesn't have one.

I should have! Ha. I didn't think of that.

A lot. And often. One might say a sot. Although I prefer Irish and Canadian.

No, practicing. And it's quite a regimen, especially on Sundays.

And the world is a safer place.

It's been too long JiP. How about a pilgrimage to Busby's for a game this year?

Much obliged, Gunner. And to SDS, who recommended it. It's fun to do, although I have to censor myself a bit. Apparently one cannot swear in newspapers, online or otherwise. Who knew?

screenwriter huh?  Do you and deranged rhino know each other?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

screenwriter huh?  Do you and deranged rhino know each other?

Yup. Very close friends. Work together at times. Actually met him here on TSW when he was still in film school years ago before he moved to LA. Great dude. 

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm disappointed that I couldn't bring up the link. I'm sure I know what the take is if it has anything to do with Peterson. And I'm confident that the writing was clear and sharp. Although I'm confident that it was well stated I still disagree with it. :)

Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes. 

36 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

So, any relation to the other Josh? 

Nice article. Now tell us how you really feel. Never mind,  I've read your posts. 

Nope. Although that is who I wanted us to draft. Because then I could buy a jersey and after he sucked or we didn't re-sign him the jersey could still be worn. 

48 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I give you an A on the assignment of using the Pantom of the Opera to help describe the Bills quarterback situation.  

For your next assignment, use Shrek to describe the Bills receivers, or Snow White to describe the offensive line. 

The Eddie Murphy Donkey for sure.

And the offensive line will obviously feature Sleepy, Dopey and Grumpy.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Sometime liking a comment, also does not mean agreement . It also means , for me at least, respecting another's POV and how that is presented.
I liked your comment in regard to the commentary linked

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If I'm not mistaken, you have just sullied me. 

Or a fine compliment.

That's the devil of it.
Good humor again from our friend !!

Edited by 3rdand12
speeling grammaries and puctution. usual suspects

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Screenwriter, huh?

Cool thing about TBD - and fandom in general - it brings people together from all walks of life.  

Nice article, KtD, even if I disagree.  

Just curious what you disagree with.

I definitely don’t think I’m always right, and most situations are just how one person sees things differently from another. 

I’m very curious though what you take umbrage with. Do you think Peterman is good or salvageable? Do you think McD handled this correctly? Do you think this was the correct way to develop Josh? 

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Screenwriter, huh?

Cool thing about TBD - and fandom in general - it brings people together from all walks of life.  

Nice article, KtD, even if I disagree.  

I go up to Seattle about once a year. My sister lives in Auburn. I have watched many a Bills game in Federal Way. 

12 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Just curious what you disagree with.

I definitely don’t think I’m always right, and most situations are just how one person sees things differently from another. 

I’m very curious though what you take umbrage with. Do you think Peterman is good or salvageable? Do you think McD handled this correctly? Do you think this was the correct way to develop Josh? 

I just thought the tone was harsh.  

The line, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" comes to mind when thinking about the QB situation.  Beane said something about AJ not being who they thought he was.  In any case, he looked bad in preseason and practice.  He was probably supposed to play two roles: interim starter and constant mentor.  Well, that didn't work out.  Peterman looked good in preseason - decisive and accurate.  But he turned out to be fool's gold.  And so the original plan for developing Josh turned to crap.   (Though some argue the best way for a QB to learn is on the playing field).  

Each decision Beane & McD make is an uncertainty.  They weigh the odds and make rational decisions based on the best information they have at the time.    It's kind of a 'game theory' thing and sometimes things just don't turn out.  

But, as someone said, you're no Sully - and to me that's a good thing.  Sully whined to whine.  You made good arguments and the Phantom of the Opera references were unexpected!

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I go up to Seattle about once a year. My sister lives in Auburn. I have watched many a Bills game in Federal Way. 

Federal Way is a good place for Korean food - but probably no better than what you have in SoCal.   The two Taco Bells in Auburn used to belong to a company I ran.  

Next time up during football season, you should hang out with the Bills Backers in Seattle.  I haven't been with them since I moved to the west side of the Sound a couple years ago.  Back then we used to have good turnouts - sometimes crowds  in excess of 100 all singing "Shout" together after TDs.   I love our fan base.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I just thought the tone was harsh.  

The line, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" comes to mind when thinking about the QB situation.  Beane said something about AJ not being who they thought he was.  In any case, he looked bad in preseason and practice.  He was probably supposed to play two roles: interim starter and constant mentor.  Well, that didn't work out.  Peterman looked good in preseason - decisive and accurate.  But he turned out to be fool's gold.  And so the original plan for developing Josh turned to crap.   (Though some argue the best way for a QB to learn is on the playing field).  

Each decision Beane & McD make is an uncertainty.  They weigh the odds and make rational decisions based on the best information they have at the time.    It's kind of a 'game theory' thing and sometimes things just don't turn out.  

But, as someone said, you're no Sully - and to me that's a good thing.  Sully whined to whine.  You made good arguments and the Phantom of the Opera references were unexpected!

Federal Way is a good place for Korean food - but probably no better than what you have in SoCal.   The two Taco Bells in Auburn used to belong to a company I ran.  

Next time up during football season, you should hang out with the Bills Backers in Seattle.  I haven't been with them since I moved to the west side of the Sound a couple years ago.  Back then we used to have good turnouts - sometimes crowds  in excess of 100 all singing "Shout" together after TDs.   I love our fan base.  

Fair enough. I just thought it was obvious and should have been obvious to them that he couldn't play. And just because he was hitting short passes in practice and preseason he wasn't hitting them with the requisite velocity because he doesn't possess it. 

I will check out the Bills Backers up there one of these days. Thx.