POLL. Derek Anderson chews out reporter in 2010

***POLL*** Derek Anderson chews out reporter in 2010  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Did he have a right to react like that?

• Yes, that reporter was asking for it.
    • No, he had a right to be questione on what was funny losing 24-6.

8 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

So you want players to lie?  He was clearly laughing on the bench in Q4 in a losing effort.  His reaction is phony.  He was just pissed because he did not realize he would not be called out on it.  Personally I don't want players who are yucking it up on the bench the Bills are losing or doing a frigging sack dance or end zone celebration when the team is down by three touch downs late in the game.  Clowns belong in a circus. 

When Peterman threw the interception last week several of us watching it were simultaneous laughing and pissed as all hell. It was so ***** awful it was funny. It was so ***** sad it was funny. It was so ***** predictable it was funny. If a camera was on us several of us could be seen laughing. That doesn't mean we thought it was ha-ha funny. I was furious. People express stuff in different ways. People cry when they are happy, too. 

Some reporters are d*cks. Yes, he was QB'ing in a game where his team was down. Is he not allowed to have a moment of fun with a teammate? Who knows what they were talking about? They could have been talking about how flexible the little brunette cheerleader was. Just because you're losing a game doesn't mean you have to look like someone stole your lunch money on the sidelines.  

This is the first positive thing I’ve seen about this guy. I laughed at my grandmas funeral. Was it funny that she died? No. Can I separate that from my sister telling a ridiculous joke during a hard time? Yes I can. 

Oh, and this is football, not life and death. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

When Peterman threw the interception last week several of us watching it were simultaneous laughing and pissed as all hell. It was so ***** awful it was funny. It was so ***** sad it was funny. It was so ***** predictable it was funny. If a camera was on us several of us could be seen laughing. That doesn't mean we thought it was ha-ha funny. I was furious. People express stuff in different ways. People cry when they are happy, too. 

So you are saying that Anderson could have explained why he laughing, but instead acted like a complete dick on being asked a simple question. 

7 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

So you are saying that Anderson could have explained why he laughing, but instead acted like a complete dick on being asked a simple question. 

It wasn't a simple question. The reporter was questioning Anderson's dedication to winning and the integrity of the game.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Today I went to the hospital with an acute pain in my side.  Turns out I have kidney stones.  

I cracked a few jokes and smiled a few times during my stay in the hospital.  At no time did I actually think the situation was funny.  

Been there done that.   

See OTW worst pain you ever had.  

Lol.  

50 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It wasn't a simple question. The reporter was questioning Anderson's dedication to winning and the integrity of the game.

He was asked why he was laughing.  Anderson turned into something else.  

1) Laughing in that situation is insulting to paying fans. But it can happen 

2) Answering the question like a mature adult "the guy next to me made a joke, that made me laugh, sort of gallows humor, I can understand why that might offend some of the fans who pay my salary, and it probably shouldn't happened" would have been a reasonable response, that would have ended the line. 

3) acting like a complete tool bag yelling at the reporter for pointing out what he had really done, was unprofessional and immature and certainly not something to want your players to emulate.  I hope Josh Allen doesn't learn any of this behavior from the new mentor. 

Apparently, his lineman cracked a joke about a guy in the stands heckling him the whole game.  Anderson was unaware of being caught on camera before that press conference and the question caught him off guard.  He regretted the outburst.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2016/02/05/somers-derek-anderson-revisits-monday-night-meltdown/79842088/

17 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Did you ever see the movie Fever Pitch? Long story short it's about a Red Sox fan during the 2004 season. They go out to the bar after the 3rd loss in the ALCS. Fans are depressed. Then they see Johnny Damon, and a few other players, smiling, laughing, and eating dinner on the other side of the bar. Then he realizes if the players don't take it that seriously, why should the fans?

No, it is about the single greatest moment in the history of the the Football League. Oh you are talking about the crappy American remake? 

Carry on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/18/2018 at 6:41 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Today I went to the hospital with an acute pain in my side.  Turns out I have kidney stones.  

I cracked a few jokes and smiled a few times during my stay in the hospital.  At no time did I actually think the situation was funny.  

I've never had kidney stones, but from everything I've heard and read, the pain from them can be downright excruciating.  

Hoping you have a speedy recovery!  Hang in there! 

Go Bills