Jerry Hughes frustrated with Bills offense after Texans game

Rebel101

29 minutes ago, no name said:

when there done. I'll pass judgement. am I pleased, not really but I know there is still some time to right the ship. 

I still see no jauron in McD unless you mean defensive mind, then you could compare him to a few others as well. thing is, you and those others comparing to jauron are comparing a 3 year tenure to one season and six games. not done yet and even if they do fail, I'll still not compare them to jauron.

no, it was not. it's stupid to compare this regime to that of jaurons, in my opinion.

Could not agree more, where do these guys come from and color is the sky on their planet!

1 hour ago, no name said:

of course they were. it is my understanding huges was referring to the texans running the same play.

as for comparing to jauron?

not even close. 

7-9

7-9

7-9

so far

9-7 wildcard

2-4?

no, McD looks nothing like jauron to me.

They want a SB and they want it now or they will throw temper tantrums!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I'd be pissed if I helped put up those defensive numbers only to watch the backup QB piss it away in the last few minutes. Defense has more than done their job over the last few games and the offense just can't get out of their own way.

Okay, Peterman lost the game on the INT, but it wasn't like our offense didn't have ample time or opportunities to put up points before then. While Peterman needs to be off the team, he isn't the only reason we lost that game. 

Our Defense cannot win us games where the offense puts up less than 14 points. We've scored 25 points in the last three games, and Peterman, that's right, Peterman, threw our first TD pass in what, 8 quarters? likely more. Issues extend far beyond who our backup QB is, and frankly, I couldn't care less who we marched out there - it's a backup trying to salvage a rebuild year, not a super bowl season. 

Whether or not he meant this against our offense or the Texans running the jet sweep on the goalline, I'd be frustrated regardless if I were Hughes. He's having a career season, and at his age he won't be having many more years of those. It's difficult to watch, albeit necessary for the rebuild.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

He isn't wrong. Well, he is in that the Bills weren't constantly running that play. Not wrong in that they kept running the same ineffective plays.

The offense seems to shy away from anything that's working.

So much this. Its like the coaches think: "Hey guys, that Minnesota game was great! Lots of quick hitting plays designed to get guys open, some screens, hell a fake screen! Man that was effective... so this week just to throw off the other teams we are going to do the OPPOSITE that wasnt working in our first two games. They will never expect it!"

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Take it easy with the drama. Every player is pissed off after any loss. 

What's great with Hughes and basically ALL the players on that video is that they look legit pissed or dejected. None look aloof or "it ain't so bad and I still get paid". And that's good, very good! Now Daboll, do better damn it.

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

He was the best player in the field that game imo.  I’d be furious too.  Peterman deservedly gets most of the blame but the guy that no one is talking about is Philip Gaines.  If he doesn’t get that PI in the end zone I don’t think the Texans get that FG to tie the game.  Our pass rush was just relentless.  Minus that PI, Peterman could’ve handed the ball off instead of throwing it to the other team

If the offense continues to be a "NO SHOW", I can't see the defense continuing to play it's heart out.

"Why Bother" will rule the day.

For GOD's sake something has to happen on offense. Some measure to make players and fans alike believe that McBeane is at least trying to field an NFL level offense.

YES, McBean seems very close to losing the whole locker room.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Who were Jaurons QBs?

For as much flack as Tyrod gets around here he played the perfect style of conservative football while moving the chains for McDermott and Jauron ball.

Facts. If we wouldve kept Tyrod as a back up to mentor Jallen, we wouldve won that game.

Def worth the 16 mil.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

McDermott is Dick Jauron in the way he approaches the game. 

Do you have faith that him and Beane understand how to build a successful offense? 

Based on their drafting, trades and free agent acquisitions I don't see any evidence of that. 

He talks offense like a defensive coordinator. 

Hopefully we can build the 2013-2015 Seahawks here and hold teams to under 15 ppg, or else we're not going anywhere.

Any team that has 1 side of the ball so far ahead of the other will lean on that side to try and win games.   No different than KC leaning on their offense this year.  They won’t stop anyone so they have to outscore teams to win.  We aren’t going to outscore anyone so we need to play strong defense to win.  Play to your strengths and right now, that is clearly our running game and defense.  That conservative nature helps keep the strength of our team from being put into bad positions.

Are you really saying that you only need 1 offseason’ s worth of moves to have all the evidence needed to come to the conclusion that McD & Beane cannot build an offense?  You like so many others appear to be making final decisions without really giving them a chance.  I wish the offense was better as well but just because it's not good right now, I'm not going to conclude that it never will be.  It appears that 50% of the players we've taken in the past 2 drafts (I'm not including Allen) could be 10+ year contributors and a few of those could be stars.  That bodes well for this group's ability to identify talent in the draft.  Considering the cap situation they inherited, I'm not sure what you expected out of FA this past offseason.  As for the trades, did you prefer the days of old when we'd just let guys walk for nothing?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I can’t find the video of the Bills going to the locker room after the Texans game if anyone does find it please post it. He was angry and the exact quote is “ 7 sacks and multiple turnovers and we just kept running a damn jet sweep” . Doesn’t sound like he is very happy with the offense or the OC hopefully Anderson will give him some hope in the offense so he will continue to play hard 

A player is upset after a loss?? How dare he?!?!

Each player should be all smiles because they had fun, tried their best, and Coach McDermott is taking them out for ice cream later.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Who were Jaurons QBs?

For as much flack as Tyrod gets around here he played the perfect style of conservative football while moving the chains for McDermott and Jauron ball.

In 2015, we were 6th worse in 3 and out percentage.

In 2016, we were 2nd worst.

Cant find 2017 but we know we were bad.

In 2017, we were 30th in time of possession.

In 2016, we were 25th.

2015, we were 8th.  That was good.

Every year we regressed.

Every year Taylor regressed.  Look at how bad he was in Cleveland...regression continues.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In 2016, we were 25th.

Every year we regressed.

Every year Taylor regressed.  Look at how bad he was in Cleveland...regression continues.

Stop with the facts, damn you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hughes' obvious frustration is exhibit A of why Peterman can no longer take the field.  He's strictly break glass in case of emergency.  I hope they finally waive him after Allen returns to health. 

Peterman is a very good preseason QB. Regular season??? That's when he turns into "pick me off" Peterman. Once Anderson gets settled in and Allen comes back, he's a done deal and he knows it

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In 2016, we were 25th.

Every year we regressed.

Didn't take very long for him to stink the place up in that QB graveyard known as Cleveland

1 minute ago, BmarvB said:

Peterman is a very good preseason QB. Regular season??? That's when he turns into "pick me off" Peterman. Once Anderson gets settled in and Allen comes back, he's a done deal and he knows it

With McDermott around I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1