Beavis and Butthead

Another Fan

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sacastic with "deep & profound?"

If serious, it really isn't.  It's just "no-filter" TV.

I mean come on, B&B is in a lot of people but, people have to function in a sane society or get hauled off to jail.  There is no tolerance anymore unless You become President of the United States and have ultimate immunity.  Then it's okay to have no-filter.  But for the rest of the slobs, don't even channel the inner Beavis & Butthead like the Prez. does.  It's why He'll win another term.  Who doesn't love watching this sch *t...!

Was being half funny and half serious.  I mean what else is better on TV these days

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm honestly not sure what the numbers were but I just remember there not being a very strong buzz about it when it came back, I just think way too much time had gone by and people had moved on to other things.  Just my opinion.

You might be right.  But, I think it was probably fine in terms of ratings, buzz, etc.  Everything is spread so thin these days. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bbb said:

You might be right.  But, I think it was probably fine in terms of ratings, buzz, etc.  Everything is spread so thin these days. 

Back in the day we only had 230 cable channels to watch

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Yet still not much really to watch 

The busier work is the more I watch to recover

and yup not much really

Boxing is not a money maker, network TV tried it a few years go with top title bouts in the summer and it flopped

On 10/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Wow that was 2011 when they came back?  I thought it was only 2-3 years ago.  It's crazy how fast time flies by these days!

i had exactly the same thought. 4 years max.

FYI, from Wikipedia:

Potential future[edit]

On January 10, 2014, Mike Judge announced that, while he is busy working on Silicon Valley, there is a chance of him pitching Beavis and Butt-Head to another network and that he wouldn't mind making more episodes.[36] While giving an interview to Howard Stern on May 6, 2014, Judge mentioned that the show's ratings on MTV were second only to Jersey Shore, but the show didn't fit MTV's target demographic of young women, which is why the revived series has not been brought back on MTV. He also said that MTV was close to selling it to another network, but it became "lost in deal stuff".[37](37m)

In interviews, Judge has stated his interest in producing a live-action movie, and Johnny Depp has expressed interest in the role of Beavis.[38] In May 2008, Judge said that he previously hated the idea, but now believes that "maybe there's something there."[39] During an interview for Collider on August 25, 2008, Judge said, "I like to keep the door open on Beavis and Butt-Head, because it's my favorite thing that I've ever done. It's the thing I'm most proud of." However, he also added, "Another movie... the problem is it takes a year and half, two years, two and a half years—maybe—to do that right. And that's a pretty strong level of commitment. I'm going to look at that again. That comes up every three years." One of his ideas is bringing back the characters as old men, instead of teenagers. "I kind of think of them as being either 15 or in their 60s," he said. "I wouldn't mind doing something with them as these two dirty old men sitting on the couch." Judge added that he would not completely ignore the time that has passed in between.

In 2016, Judge told RadioTimes.com that "Maybe it could be a live-action someday" and went on to speculate that Beavis might be homeless by now.[40]

In March 2018, Judge told Rotten Tomatoes that the idea of doing a second Beavis and Butt-Head movie had been brought up two months prior, stating that "It’s just a matter of coming up with an idea that feels like it’s worth doing."[41]

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/18/2018 at 2:19 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm kind of the opposite of most people. Thought the show was stupid when I was a teenager. Revisited them in my mid 20s, and thought it was hilarious. I don't know why. I always got the jokes. I think I considered myself kind of a snob when it came to humor, so didn't want to like something that I thought was "beneath me." 

I didn't like the show until the movie came out. I didn't like the music in the music videos and that turned me off to the whole show. My dad taped them all so I gave the show another chance after movie and would fast forward thru the videos. Now I love watching them

On 10/18/2018 at 11:19 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm kind of the opposite of most people. Thought the show was stupid when I was a teenager. Revisited them in my mid 20s, and thought it was hilarious. I don't know why. I always got the jokes. I think I considered myself kind of a snob when it came to humor, so didn't want to like something that I thought was "beneath me." 

It probably hit a little too close to home when you were a teenager!

On 10/19/2018 at 1:12 AM, Another Fan said:

Did anyone else watch this show?  I revisited some episodes last night on YouTube.  Both characters look smart nowadays....

I was just thinking of them in responding to another post re- heavy metal. It was the Grim Reaper comments, funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 4 months later...