Jerry Hughes revenge game?

YoloinOhio

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

Hughes has looked awesome since the 2nd half of the Chargers game, being a key cog in the overall team D turning a corner that game. I’m really rooting for him to have a big game, you can tell from the article it would mean a lot to him.

I think the Houston game in his hometown also meant a lot and he was visibly pissed they didn’t win... he’s certainly fired up 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

He played them last year.  But he has been playing really well this year.  Hopefully, he doesn’t get to fired up and do something stupid, which he has been much smarter with this year.  Whaley sucks!

The way I read it, it’s more about playing in front of the Indy fans back there... i don’t  think he’s played there in a reg season game since he got traded. 2015 and 2017 were in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Has he had one this year?

I agree the league likely extra protective of Luck

I don’t think he has.  It’s tough because he plays with an edge.  But sometimes in the past, he would do the dumbest things, like head butt a o linemen after the play.  Knock on wood, it seems like he has found a balance.

Just now, krf139 said:

No 15 yard penalties and no letting the QB escape out of fear of a 15 yard penalty.  Somewhere in between please.

It's a tough area to be in.  I think we have reached the point the Defense has to just grab the QB and hold on until the whistle blows but not take him to the ground.   

On a majority of the plays throughout his Bills career, Hughes has been beating the Offensive Lineman on the outside. The only way to avoid a Hughes sack is with the lineman pushing wide with the QB stepping into the pocket and having the interior OL be stout. I obviously want Hughes to keep doing what he does. But I did wonder last Sunday if Hughes can surprise the lineman and keep him honest by making an inside move once in a while.

Did anybody else see the clip of Hughes mad going to the locker room after the game last week? I can’t find the clip to post but exact quote. “ 7 sacks and multiple turnovers and all we do is keep running a damn jet sweep every time” does not sound like a player who is happy with his offense or the OC. I hope he still has the desire to play hard. Hopefully Anderson will give his some hope in the offense. Which will help him continue to come out and dominate 

25 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Did anybody else see the clip of Hughes mad going to the locker room after the game last week? I can’t find the clip to post but exact quote. “ 7 sacks and multiple turnovers and all we do is keep running a damn jet sweep every time” does not sound like a player who is happy with his offense or the OC. I hope he still has the desire to play hard. Hopefully Anderson will give his some hope in the offense. Which will help him continue to come out and dominate 

He was talking about the Houston offense running the jet sweep

• Haha (+1) 1