Anderson's real value to the team

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And then why does it take until Mid October to sign one of these guys?  But I will give you yes he adds something. How much is unknown. But the fact remains this FO botched and mismanaged this position group horribly

Do you believe there’s an aisle at Home Depot where you pick up a veteran NFL QB? ?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Do you believe there’s an aisle at Home Depot where you pick up a veteran NFL QB? ?

He was a FA since Feb 

along with Moore, Henne l, Bridgewater, Fitz 

so keep trying to deflect. 

He was a FA since Feb 

along with Moore, Henne l, Bridgewater, Fitz 

so keep trying to deflect. 

And as you know, back in February they had McCarron. The missstep was when that didn’t work out. I’m still not sure exactly why it didn’t.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

And as you know, back in February they had McCarron. The missstep was when that didn’t work out. I’m still not sure exactly why it didn’t.

No as you know in March they sat on their hands when it came to QB and signed another 5th round pick with a couple meaningful starts to pair with another 5th round pick and his couple meaningful startss to put in a room knowing you are targeting the Rawest Rookie out of the top 4. 

But yeah properly managed that. 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

It has been said on this board that the Bills had approached Anderson quite a while back but he was waiting for the right situation (playoff team) to come along which it did not.  Can't make a player go where he does not want to go.

Bills were not a playoff team at start of offseason?  

Fact is they signed a “mentor” that didnt want to go to camp. What mentoring is he doing now? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

No as you know in March they sat on their hands when it came to QB and signed another 5th round pick with a couple meaningful starts to pair with another 5th round pick and his couple meaningful startss to put in a room knowing you are targeting the Rawest Rookie out of the top 4. 

And you believe our record right now would be what? 3-3? OK...This year was always going to be rough. I’m not sure what all the hair on Fire, pitch forks at the Gates is all about. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills were not a playoff team at start of offseason?  

Fact is they signed a “mentor” that didnt want to go to camp. What mentoring is he doing now? 

Come on.  Be serious.  The Bills never passed the smell test as far as team that was going into the playoffs under their .own power versus what actually happened which was a lucky run on turnovers early and the Bengals to the rescue at the end.  We know there were a number of better options for those that have no emotional bond to WNY.  At the start of the previous season it was said that the Bills were a few years away and nothing has changed that perception to date.  Both of last year's games with the Dolphins were unnecessary nail biters and I hope that McDermott impressed on the team that they will not always get a timely int to pull their butts out of the fire.

4 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

If its such a great idea why did it take until week 6 to bring Anderson in. Beane is incompetent fool. Wastes draft piakc and trades away more talent than he acquirers.

Yeah Beane is a fool.

He just put out a top 3 defense, crushed the draft in his first season, and has improved our cap space significantly in....1 YEAR. Rome wasn’t built in a day chief.

Now, continue on with your rambling. 

• Like (+1) 1

All Anderson has to do show Allen how to is be efficient at moving the offense down the field and not turn over the ball. Competence at the position will make a big difference

5 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

If its such a great idea why did it take until week 6 to bring Anderson in. Beane is incompetent fool. Wastes draft piakc and trades away more talent than he acquirers.

Beane, McD, Allen, The Pegulas. They're all beginners learning as they go along. There's going to be some suffering as part of 'The process'

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you believe our record right now would be what? 3-3? OK...This year was always going to be rough. I’m not sure what all the hair on Fire, pitch forks at the Gates is all about. 

I dont care about the record never did. What I did care about is the proper development of whichever Rookie QB was in the Bills Uniform. Which has been botched big time

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Come on.  Be serious.  The Bills never passed the smell test as far as team that was going into the playoffs under their .own power versus what actually happened which was a lucky run on turnovers early and the Bengals to the rescue at the end.  We know there were a number of better options for those that have no emotional bond to WNY.  At the start of the previous season it was said that the Bills were a few years away and nothing has changed that perception to date.  Both of last year's games with the Dolphins were unnecessary nail biters and I hope that McDermott impressed on the team that they will not always get a timely int to pull their butts out of the fire.

You are what you are and in Feb Bills where a playoff team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

McCarron's role was supposed to be as a bridge QB, to be a hopefully decent starter and hold down the fort while the kid learned the ropes. McCarron had little starting experience, and while he did not make waves, he came here to be a starter and had no real desire to sit on the bench as a mentor and educator. When he could not even beat out Peterman in the preseason, his value to the Bills dropped off a cliff, essentially an expensive 3rd-stringer who doesn't play special teams. Anderson is a much better fit for the backup position - a much cheaper replacement who offers real value beyond emergency fill-in duties if your starter gets hurt. And I'm guessing that's why the Bills were talking to Anderson well before he did agree to sign with the team.

7 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Prior to bringing in the lazy experienced boob to instruct you, the young wunderkind, had your organization hired a series of coaches including a specialized Jeetz coach whose focus was to develop you?  

Can you imagine a coaching room where McDermott, Daboll and David Culley (25 years of coaching experinence) are sitting around saying "I don't know how the hell to get a rookie ready for a game. I think we need a scrub like Derek Anderson.  Maybe he can teach us all. "  90% plus of Anderson's experience is in how to prepare to be the backup who is not expected to play.  His experience applies much better to Nate Peterman.  Heck if you combine a Anderson's experience with Peterman's well of adversity he  has accumulated and mix in a little McBeane culture we might be able to develop the best QB ever whose sole job is to ride the pine. 

Andersons value to the team is to be better than Peterman.  No one will know until Sunday if that is the case.  

Exactly how may years did these three guys play QB in the NFL? In fact how many years did these three guys play QB at all.

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Anderson seems to be another Kyle Orton type.  That's not a bad thing, but, if he can stay healthy, he may be able to win 6-7 games for us.

I thin he would have won last Sunday.  He can be a game manger.