Anderson's real value to the team

This might be a little long winded but here it goes. I work as an executive manager and have been doing it now for 6 years, my first year was filled with lots of ups and downs and I made some stupid mistakes and was learning on the fly for the better part of 6 months. At the 6 month mark we hired another manager from a different agency who was about 15 years older than me and worked in management for the better part of his life. He wasn't the most effective manager and was riding this job out until his retirement and was essentially going through the motions, but he did provide lots of insight to me on how do get through the mundane day to day tasks and how to handle crisis situations because he had seen it before. I was much younger than he was and had more "Potential" and now I am in a higher position than he ever got to but learning from him during my first year was invaluable to my development. Regardless of DA's stats there is something to be said about having a guy who has seen things that JA has not, there is something to be said about having a guy in a room who can teach the nuance of the game that comes from a guy who has been in the league for years. Hopefully this little break will give JA a chance to mentally reset, because this is a lot for a kid to take in. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 8

22 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

This might be a little long winded but here it goes. I work as an executive manager and have been doing it now for 6 years, my first year was filled with lots of ups and downs and I made some stupid mistakes and was learning on the fly for the better part of 6 months. At the 6 month mark we hired another manager from a different agency who was about 15 years older than me and worked in management for the better part of his life. He wasn't the most effective manager and was riding this job out until his retirement and was essentially going through the motions, but he did provide lots of insight to me on how do get through the mundane day to day tasks and how to handle crisis situations because he had seen it before. I was much younger than he was and had more "Potential" and now I am in a higher position than he ever got to but learning from him during my first year was invaluable to my development. Regardless of DA's stats there is something to be said about having a guy who has seen things that JA has not, there is something to be said about having a guy in a room who can teach the nuance of the game that comes from a guy who has been in the league for years. Hopefully this little break will give JA a chance to mentally reset, because this is a lot for a kid to take in. Go Bills!

Koolaide is a helluva drug

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

If its such a great idea why did it take until week 6 to bring Anderson in. Beane is incompetent fool. Wastes draft piakc and trades away more talent than he acquirers.

He was incompetent in this regard, and having a veteran on the roster is a huge asset to a young QB. Both can be true...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

He was incompetent in this regard, and having a veteran on the roster is a huge asset to a young QB. Both can be true...

We all know it has been the better part of 2 weeks since we hired DA but we have to complain that it took two weeks. Please dont insert facts like this. It plays against our right to complain. Jesh! BTW, good post @Jeetz1231. I agree

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

If its such a great idea why did it take until week 6 to bring Anderson in. Beane is incompetent fool. Wastes draft piakc and trades away more talent than he acquirers.

....sounds like McBeaned made the final decision to dump AJ for the "coveted 5th".......McDermott came from two different scenarios regarding rookie QB: (1) start rook now ala Cam or (2) let him sit and learn ala McNabb......get the impression he preferred the "McNabb approach" but was trumped............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Prior to bringing in the lazy experienced boob to instruct you, the young wunderkind, had your organization hired a series of coaches including a specialized Jeetz coach whose focus was to develop you?  

Can you imagine a coaching room where McDermott, Daboll and David Culley (25 years of coaching experinence) are sitting around saying "I don't know how the hell to get a rookie ready for a game. I think we need a scrub like Derek Anderson.  Maybe he can teach us all. "  90% plus of Anderson's experience is in how to prepare to be the backup who is not expected to play.  His experience applies much better to Nate Peterman.  Heck if you combine a Anderson's experience with Peterman's well of adversity he  has accumulated and mix in a little McBeane culture we might be able to develop the best QB ever whose sole job is to ride the pine. 

Andersons value to the team is to be better than Peterman.  No one will know until Sunday if that is the case.  

We had a fairly seasoned vet, but when Oakland dangled a 5th with him currently being 3rd on the depth chart at the time they made a decision to let him go. In hindsight it was likely the wrong decision, but those things happen. 

33 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Prior to bringing in the lazy experienced boob to instruct you, the young wunderkind, had your organization hired a series of coaches including a specialized Jeetz coach whose focus was to develop you?  

Can you imagine a coaching room where McDermott, Daboll and David Culley (25 years of coaching experinence) are sitting around saying "I don't know how the hell to get a rookie ready for a game. I think we need a scrub like Derek Anderson.  Maybe he can teach us all. "  90% plus of Anderson's experience is in how to prepare to be the backup who is not expected to play.  His experience applies much better to Nate Peterman.  Heck if you combine a Anderson's experience with Peterman's well of adversity he  has accumulated and mix in a little McBeane culture we might be able to develop the best QB ever whose sole job is to ride the pine. 

Andersons value to the team is to be better than Peterman.  No one will know until Sunday if that is the case.  

Ha ha, no we unfortunately didn't have a "Jeetz" coach, but the point is having someone who has seen things before in any line of work makes it a lot easier. I'm sure your first year at whatever profession you currently have you weren't as effective as you are now. I'm sure there was someone there who was more senior to you who helped train you at your job, and helped guide you through situations you hadn't seen before and for some hearing advice from someone the same rank (current QB to current QB) can go further than hearing it from a coach. I'm not saying by any means that this is going to turn the franchise around this year all I am saying is there is a positive to having DA on the roster. 

42 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

We know this right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think that people are forgetting McCarron wanted out.  Do some research

I didn't hear specifically that he wanted out, but I suspect he did and wasn't interested in mentoring Allen.

All of the Monday morning GMs on here have no clue as to the conversations and concerns that went on behind the scenes to get to the point we’re at now. While I totally agree that the Peterman and Allen duo was never going to work, I’m guessing that Bills management did too, and I’m guessing they’ve been working to correct it since the debacle of the Opener. 

4 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

And then why does it take until Mid October to sign one of these guys?  But I will give you yes he adds something. How much is unknown. But the fact remains this FO botched and mismanaged this position group horribly