Draft another QB

Dkollidas

I’m not saying it has to be a top-10 Pick, but if Allen misses major time and doesn’t show anything when he comes back, I think we need to either...

1) trade down, gather picks for 2020 and try again for a QB

2) draft a guy anywhere in rounds 2-4. Stidham, Jackson from UB are just s couple of the multitude of possibilities. 

Yes no or maybe? 

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills literally have the worst offensive line and wide receivers in the league. That is not an exaggeration. Steve Young looked like crap playing with the same kind of bottom feeder talent in his first two years in Tampa Bay.

The owner made his choice of head coach and GM,...they in turn made their choice of future franchise QB in Josh Allen. The next step in this progression is getting a big upgrade in talent around Josh Allen. This is the one and only answer.

If someone doesn't like it, or doesn't have any belief it will happen for Josh Allen, then they will have to simply wait for the whole darn thing to fail and that won't happen until 2020 at the earliest.

I think fans forget how bad the talent level is on offense. Tom Brady would look bad here.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Please stop overreacting.  he has zero supporting cast around him.  Let's be real, Tom Brady wouldn't be that successful with our "O" line and our Receiving Corps.  Remember that Peyton Manning was absolute garbage during his rookie year and so were many others.  When are we gonna have the mentality to stop jumping ship every year for 1st year players/coaches?  Dynasties do NOT happen over night.  I know it's been growing pains for a while now, but it's difficult to build a franchise when we clean house almost every year.  Be patient and let Josh Allen develop.  He will be successful! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I understand he has a bad supporting cast. But all the things he’s shown to be (indecisive, inaccurate, missing open receivers, especially in the flat, moving back in the pocket instead of moving up), have been issues he’s had his entire collegiate career as well. 

I want Allen to be good as much as anyone, but if there’s no improvement, with the amazing defense we have, the cap space we have, and the draft picks we have, shouldn’t we look into a better backup option than we did this season??? 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

The Bills literally have the worst offensive line and wide receivers in the league. That is not an exaggeration. Steve Young looked like crap playing with the same kind of bottom feeder talent in his first two years in Tampa Bay.

The owner made his choice of head coach and GM,...they in turn made their choice of future franchise QB in Josh Allen. The next step in this progression is getting a big upgrade in talent around Josh Allen. This is the one and only answer.

If someone doesn't like it, or doesn't have any belief it will happen for Josh Allen, then they will have to simply wait for the whole darn thing to fail and that won't happen until 2020 at the earliest.

I think fans forget how bad the talent level is on offense. Tom Brady would look bad here.

Worst receivers?    No question.

Worst offensive line?   Very debatable.

Lot's of bad O-lines around the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

I’m not saying it has to be a top-10 Pick, but if Allen misses major time and doesn’t show anything when he comes back, I think we need to either...

1) trade down, gather picks for 2020 and try again for a QB

2) draft a guy anywhere in rounds 2-4. Stidham, Jackson from UB are just s couple of the multitude of possibilities. 

Yes no or maybe? 

It's not a terrible idea but it will never happen imo. These coaches and GMs have enormous egos, selecting a QB in rounds 1-2 would be them admitting they tailed with Allen and it's way too early for anyone to make that call.

• Like (+1) 1

To me this is not so much about Josh Allen as it is the fact that Peterman is a bust if you can call a fifth round pick that there needs to be another QB on the roster whether it be a veteran or a after the first round draft pick of a QB I don’t want to reach for a QB in this next draft I want to draft supporting cast for a QB because we just used a seventh overall pick on a rock UB he needs protection he needs A running game and he needs past catchers that not only will catch the ball if it’s not perfect but will break tackles and do something with it after they catch it

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you don’t like Allen you won’t like Jackson.

He is super raw and has some accuracy concerns as well. I think he’s a poor mans Josh Allen. 

But im glad he’s UBs QB ?

I totally agree with this assessment.

I’m a fan of getting the kid from UB. 

I know they are playing lights out right now and mostly because of him. But where is he expected to go? I highly doubt a kid from UB in the MAC is getting drafted as early as round 3-5 no matter what he does. 

And yes, don’t bother reminding me about Mack. And yes, I already know the WR Johnson is slated to go in the first few rounds as well. 

What we needn't do is neglect fixing massive holes in the roster by drafting another quarterback high.  The key to a standout offense is, generally, the offensive line.  The Bills haven't bought into that concept in quite some time.  A quarterback, even one that wouldn't normally function well when pressured, can be a star behind a solid line.  And it makes all the difference for running backs when there's a hole or even a sliver to squirm through, unless your name is Jim Brown.  Of course you need good receivers as well.  But none of it comes together without that stout front.  So Beane drafts a potentially franchise quarterback but paper tapes a seriously broken line with mediocrities such as Newhouse.  Of course his rookie quarterback gets injured early on.  But Allen needn't have been thrown to the wolves had Beane not made another bad decision, that's trading McCarron BEFORE determining if Peterman was no longer an interception machine in regular season games.  Beane's mistakes have been serious.  We won't be Carolina until we figure out how to be.  Yes, it will take time, but it'll also take sound decision making.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD
  • Thank you (+1) 3