Learning from a veteran

Foreigner

6 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Nothing like learning from a lifetime under 50% QB, unless Anderson is learning from Peterman and Allen.

I read today that McDermott says Peterman is improving.

How could they do this to everybody.

I'm pretty sure McDermott was talking about Allen, not Peterman.  

57 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Nothing like learning from a lifetime under 50% QB, unless Anderson is learning from Peterman and Allen.

I'm a veteran.

Here's your lesson:  stop posting.

Now you've learned from a veteran, too!

And just so you know, I would climb any mountain; Sail across the stormy sea; If that's what it takes me baby; To show how much you mean to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

it is just so Billsy to be unprepared, but to take a guy out of football because he wasn't good enough

and have to bring in him as the starter a week later. I'm not going to suggest he was working at Wegmans,

but let us hope he doesn't pull a hamstring on the first series.

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

So quinnearlysghost88 is Foreigner. You are a brilliant troll. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm a veteran.

Here's your lesson:  stop posting.

Now you've learned from a veteran, too!

And just so you know, I would climb any mountain; Sail across the stormy sea; If that's what it takes me baby; To show how much you mean to me.

Ive never served but....

I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have run I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for
What I'm looking for

I agree. 

Following WGR there is a sense of excitement about Anderson starting, especially with Mike Schopp. And I think he has positive memories from the EJ Manuel switch to Kyle Orton.

When you look at Anderson's career, this is not a Kyle Orton bump. He's older than Orton was and has one full year as the starter in his career, whereas Orton was the starter for 4 years.

Following 2007, Anderson was ultimately benched and he never resurfaced again as a viable starting QB.

Anderson is a career 54% passer with 60 TDs/60 Ints across 76 games.

Now he gets off a beach towel to come in here Week 7 and play?

It will be better than 82 yards, but it's probably 150 yards and an interception.  

And I'm sorry, but McDermott talking about how much Allen is going to learn from watching Anderson handle a walkthrough is insulting. Allen was a first round pick, who took Glenn, #12, #53 and #56 to get. He should be propped up like McDermott loves his ex-Carolina guys. This is not some great learning opportunity Coach. It's a debacle we're here, with all the familiar Billsy spin like "learning from a veteran" and "blessing in disguise". Doug Whaley said the exact same lines about EJ Manuel when he got benched 4 years ago. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Ive never served but....

I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have run I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you
What I'm looking for
What I'm looking for

Thank you for your service.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thank you for your service.

The guy is just lost, and he almost certainly ran through some endangered flora and fauna as he ran through those fields. Do NOT encourage this irresponsible behavior! And I know! I’m the KING of irresponsible behavior! 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree. 

Following WGR there is a sense of excitement about Anderson starting, especially with Mike Schopp. And I think he has positive memories from the EJ Manuel switch to Kyle Orton.

When you look at Anderson's career, this is not a Kyle Orton bump. He's older than Orton was and has one full year as the starter in his career, whereas Orton was the starter for 4 years.

Following 2007, Anderson was ultimately benched and he never resurfaced again as a viable starting QB.

It will be better than 82 yards, but it's probably 150 yards and an interception.  

And I'm sorry, but McDermott talking about how much Allen is going to learn from watching Anderson handle a walkthrough is insulting. Allen was a first round pick, who took Glenn, #12, #53 and #56 to get. He should be propped up like McDermott loves his ex-Carolina guys. This is not some great learning opportunity Coach. It's a debacle we're here, with all the familiar Billsy spin like "learning from a veteran" and "blessing in disguise". Doug Whaley said the exact same lines about EJ Manuel when he got benched 4 years ago. 

I think Anderson's performance, overall, will not be very good, but actually better than what we have seen so far.  

This is a mess b/c we are going to lose a lot of boring games this year, but we won't have a franchise QB learning how to play along the way.  We're just treading water now.

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think Anderson's performance, overall, will not be very good, but actually better than what we have seen so far.  

This is a mess b/c we are going to lose a lot of boring games this year, but we won't have a franchise QB learning how to play along the way.  We're just treading water now.

You wanted that franchise QB to sit this year

38 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree. 

I agree Anderson may not be good. BUT, he may actually be good as a teacher/mentor. Frank Reich was never really a great qb, but has been a successful coach in the NFL. Some guys can both understand AND play the game, and other guys are better at understanding it and teaching it

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I agree Anderson may not be good. BUT, he may actually be good as a teacher/mentor. Frank Reich was never really a great qb, but has been a successful coach in the NFL. Some guys can both understand AND play the game, and other guys are better at understanding it and teaching it

I agree with this. 

A quarterback like Ken Dorsey comes to mind. Couldn't play in the NFL, had a weaker arm that Nate Peterman. 

But, could teach the game. 

Now, I don't think it makes a hill a beans difference. You can either play or you can't. 

James Hardy was going to soak in all the knowledge he could from Terrell Owens, Ryan Mallett studied under Tom Brady, all the former Patriots Coaches who left Belichick and could not recreate the magic - Crennel, Mangini, Weiss, McDaniels. 

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Anderson was renowned for having a very low Wonderlic score a 19.  It seems hard to believe that someone who had an undistinguished playing career and tests poorly for intelligence is the ideal "mentor".

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

Anderson was renowned for having a very low Wonderlic score a 19.  It seems hard to believe that someone who had an undistinguished playing career and tests poorly for intelligence is the ideal "mentor".

This is another washed up ex-Panther that Beane and McDermott have brought in here. 

Today McDermott was talking about how Allen was going to learn how to conduct himself at a walkthrough. 

I just don't think it makes the slight bit of difference. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This is another washed up ex-Panther that Beane and McDermott have brought in here. 

Today McDermott was talking about how Allen was going to learn how to conduct himself at a walkthrough. 

I just don't think it makes the slight bit of difference. 

You would be correct