Learning from a veteran

Foreigner

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree with this. 

A quarterback like Ken Dorsey comes to mind. Couldn't play in the NFL, had a weaker arm that Nate Peterman. 

But, could teach the game. 

Now, I don't think it makes a hill a beans difference. You can either play or you can't. 

James Hardy was going to soak in all the knowledge he could from Terrell Owens, Ryan Mallett studied under Tom Brady, all the former Patriots Coaches who left Belichick and could not recreate the magic - Crennel, Mangini, Weiss, McDaniels. 

Don't forget JP Losman was going to learn from the brilliant mind of Brain Dead Drew. :doh:

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree. 

Following WGR there is a sense of excitement about Anderson starting, especially with Mike Schopp. And I think he has positive memories from the EJ Manuel switch to Kyle Orton.

When you look at Anderson's career, this is not a Kyle Orton bump. He's older than Orton was and has one full year as the starter in his career, whereas Orton was the starter for 4 years.

Following 2007, Anderson was ultimately benched and he never resurfaced again as a viable starting QB.

Anderson is a career 54% passer with 60 TDs/60 Ints across 76 games.

Now he gets off a beach towel to come in here Week 7 and play?

It will be better than 82 yards, but it's probably 150 yards and an interception.  

And I'm sorry, but McDermott talking about how much Allen is going to learn from watching Anderson handle a walkthrough is insulting. Allen was a first round pick, who took Glenn, #12, #53 and #56 to get. He should be propped up like McDermott loves his ex-Carolina guys. This is not some great learning opportunity Coach. It's a debacle we're here, with all the familiar Billsy spin like "learning from a veteran" and "blessing in disguise". Doug Whaley said the exact same lines about EJ Manuel when he got benched 4 years ago. 

Allen wasn't benched, he got injured and any rookie can benefit from a veteran who seen it all pretty much. I'm not sure what your problem is? 

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Nothing like learning from a lifetime under 50% QB, unless Anderson is learning from Peterman and Allen.

I read today that McDermott says Peterman is improving.

How could they do this to everybody.

Some of these QBs are better teachers than they are doers he is a veteran with years of experience who can manage games but won’t win them for you and frankly I’m not positive that this team wants to win this year anyway he gives Alan valuable time to watch the game from the sideline run the scout team and work on the mechanics exactly what he was supposed to be doing when he was drafted Alan got valuable game experience and he will probably get some moreSome of these QBs are better teachers than they are doers he is a veteran with years of experience who can manage games but won’t win them for you and frankly I’m not positive that this team wants to win this year anyway he gives Alan valuable time to watch the game from the sideline run the scout team and work on the mechanics exactly what he was supposed to be doing when he was drafted Alan got valuable game experience and he will probably get some more

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Allen wasn't benched, he got injured and any rookie can benefit from a veteran who seen it all pretty much. I'm not sure what your problem is? 

Not once did I say Allen was benched.

Watching Derek Anderson play does next to nothing for Allen in my opinion. You either are good or you’re not. 

In general, my problem is the Bills have been so bad, for so long, the organization sells fans hype for run of the mill things, if not dysfunction. A guy who was retired on a family vacation is now a mentor to Josh Allen. Sorry McBeane, that’s not something to celebrate. 

And fans trip over themselves to constantly give praise and credit for no results. 

Three cheers for a career 54% passer with a 1:1 TD to Interception ratio. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

8 hours ago, Augie said:

The guy is just lost, and he almost certainly ran through some endangered flora and fauna as he ran through those fields. Do NOT encourage this irresponsible behavior! And I know! I’m the KING of irresponsible behavior! 

Thanks for the kind words your royal highness!