Why is being a man of faith so important to McDermott (i.e. Peterman)

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Show me where he has said that a player has to share his faith to be in the roster.  One quote, one statement.

1. Why would he ever publicly admit he’s going to discriminate based on religion?

2. Prove us otherwise. Why would the article leading up to the season featuring Peterman be based on him being a good Christian man and family man? The article was him crediting God and proclaiming how ready he is for the job because his strength in his faith. Yeah, makes no sense to me either. 

Also you seem to be, of all the posters here, the only one with a hard on against this theory. Old guy, Pegula ***** introduced the man at his press conference last year as a family man and a man of faith. What the holy ***** does that have to do with football? Nothing. It’s declaring your intentions tho when you’re announcing how important religion was in your search for a HC. And McD references that stupid belief crap so much I wonder how often he offers to baptize his team? He reminds me of my born-again uncle. 

Edit: your response better be gold. I’m expecting a good laugh

Edited by Gigs
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

of course it did, just like any decision for the face of you franchise.

Has nothing to do with his religious affiliation.

I doubt it was strictly religious affiliation, but I think his politics/atheism played a role. That's a problem IMO and it could very well be the decision that ends McBeane's tenure in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Gigs said:

1. Why would he ever publicly admit he’s going to discriminate based on religion?

2. Prove us otherwise. Why would the article leading up to the season featuring Peterman be based on him being a good Christian man and family man? The article was him crediting God and proclaiming how ready he is for the job because his strength in his faith. Yeah, makes no sense to me either. 

Also you seem to be, of all the posters here, the only one with a hard on against this theory. Old guy, Pegula ***** introduced the man at his press conference last year as a family man and a man of faith. What the holy ***** does that have to do with football? Nothing. It’s declaring your intentions tho when you’re announcing how important religion was in your search for a HC. And McD references that stupid belief crap so much I wonder how often he offers to baptize his team? He reminds me of my born-again uncle. 

Edit: your response better be gold. I’m expecting a good laugh

“Prove my ***** dumb claim is incorrect” the post.

1 minute ago, Gigs said:

I fin't have to prove a damn thing.  You guys make ridiculous accusation, you prove them. Show me one quote where hecsaid a guy's faith impacts his spot on the roster.

It upsets me because I am a man of faith as well.  And because McD has done a pretty good job getting a lot out of the team, especially last year, but people go out of their way to trash him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I doubt it was strictly religious affiliation, but I think his politics/atheism played a role. That's a problem IMO and it could very well be the decision that ends McBeane's tenure in Buffalo.

You have literally ZERO factual basis for that post.

None.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

AJ Mccarron is a devout Christian and he’s better than Peterman and he was traded...

its more than that...

Peterman has the dirt on McDermott ?

Because he was drafted by McBeane and coaches/GMs never want to admit their mistakes on drafting, even for 5th rd QBs. That's why they've given him every possibility to succeed 

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry McDermott has brought this up a number of times.

It is an issue and does bother me that it is an important part of the decision process at 1 Bills drive.

Quote where he said you have to be Christian.

I'll wait.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This has come up more then once with the Bills and how they assess players, their families and also their faith. 

Since when does being a good Christian (I doubt Muslim, Jewish, or other faith) matter with respect to being a football player.

Yes a a Good Person matters, but religion & being religious????? 

How does this speculation add ANYTHING productive towards healthy football discussion? I am amazed mods let this troll bait of a topic continue.

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

How does this speculation add ANYTHING productive towards healthy football discussion? I am amazed mods let this troll bait of a topic continue.

Seriously? Did you report it as inappropriate? It was posted 42 minutes ago. Is it your assumption that this is our full time job, reading each and every post - casting judgment upon them - in real-time? Talk about amazing...

1 minute ago, SDS said:

That's dumb. You know that's not even possible. You're just arguing to argue.

It's not possible because it doesn't exist. But you have people here arguing that it not only does, it's a primary informer of their personnel decisions.

People make a claim, I demand proof.

I remember a time when football was about wins, losses and rooting for your team and booing your rival. These days, sports encompass everything from political divides, religion, current events and socioeconomic issues. Football used to be the place where you didn’t have to debate your belief or political stance. I wish we could get back to that kind of football. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

AJ Mccarron is a devout Christian and he’s better than Peterman and he was traded...

its more than that...

Peterman has the dirt on McDermott ?

Yeah, but I'm thinking he had a little premarital sex with the missus.  You know what I'm saying...wink..wink..