Anyone here ever vacation in the Azores?

PromoTheRobot

Been looking at some packages through Azores Getaways. Off season air and hotel for under $800. Reviews for this company and their trips are mostly good. Asking if anyone  here ever went there, especially to Terciera Island. Most of these packages go there. It's a small place and I wonder if you see and do it all in 2 days. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

My family is from the islands. Faial specifically. Beautiful scenery and great food. Not as much to do as you would find on the main land but certainly enough to fill your time.

I'm more concerned about my wife whining she's bored after 3 days, lol. I'm pretty easy going. Siteseeing, eating and just soaking up the local culture is enough for me. The weather is the other thing. Decembers are 60s and wet. That might curtail outdoor activities. Hence bargain vacations. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Have been twice. The scenery is amazing. Food is fantastic. That's the two big drivers. We've spent a week at a time there and didn't run out of things to do, but we would fit 3-4 islands in a trip. Went both time sin November because of the great deals. Weather can be hit or miss with rain and clouds, but we also had periods of t-shirt weather on both trips. 

Terciera is cool. Angra do Herismo is a great town to explore. It isn't the nonstop postcard book that some of the other islands are, but the views from center island are amazing. Have to agree with CBF, Failal is probably my favorite, followed by Pico. They don't get as crowded with tourists as Sao Miguel and Terciera. Sao Miguel has amazing views and quite a bit to do, but you will be part of the cavalcade of tourist buses.

I recommend it to anyone. You get the incredible volcanic topography of Hawaii with European culture.

Old Iphone Download 1032.JPG

• Thank you (+1) 2