Is hitting QB's on the arm roughing the passer?

BBills88

56 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait a minute...We're now saying it was a dirty play?  No way.

I didn't say dirty, but I felt it was a late hit. And I said so at the time.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both players hit him late from either side. Flags should've been everywhere.  If it was Brady or Rodgers the flags would've come. It is what it is. The NFL invests very little in the Bill's. They continue to serve their purpose as schedule filler.

I believe it was a late hit, but I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. It wasn't blatant and it wasn't dirty, just late.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Exactly what I said.

You are both F’ing idiots. Both hits were leading with the helmet, the hit to the elbow was way past when he threw the ball. It was considered dirty from the start. It amazes me how dumb people will speak when they don’t like a player...

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

In a perfect and ethical world that would happen. Just like any other huge company all the NFL cares about is revenue. Brady, Rodgers, etc generate that money. So of course they'll get preferential treatment. Once these guys all retire,  you'll see the young guns slowly get some calls. The shield put $ > fairness. 

I understand what your saying, but my point is that the NFL should also be protecting it's young QB's\future stars. It's kind of like companies that rode the good times & never invested in research & development & eventually died out.

Complaining about the refs is so sad.  Was it the refs fault DiMmarco lined up wrong?  Offsides on a KO when they have to stand now.  It is dumb players and bad coaching.

As for the hit, yes it is a penalty to hit the QB anywhere after releasing the ball and with two steps.  It was a late hit leading with the helmet.  It should have been a flag.

That said it was not even close to a dirty play.  It did not look like he was trying to injure Allen.  Unlike Wilfork sticking his elbow into Losman's knee or Gronk  elbowing White's neck.  Those are dirty plays.  The hit on Allen was a penalty but not dirty.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

if you spear him with your helmet...  I would say yes 

Depends on where you spear him, no? I suspect a spear to his solar plexus would be worse than a spear to his labia, but then again ...

4 hours ago, BBills88 said:

I wonder when we play the Patriots, if the Bills defensive players target Brady's elbows every chance they get to hit him, would they get called for roughing the passer.

By the way, you can't even SAY late hit, or breathe on Marsha, or its a flag. Every time

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

By the way, you can't even SAY late hit, or breathe on Marsha, or its a flag. Every time

Apparently not every time.   https://weei.radio.com/blogs/alex-reimer/tom-brady-took-hit-against-jacksonville-jaguars-probably-shouldve-been-called

33 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

There has been 1 roughing the passer call against Brady all season. The whining about Brady is getting real old and pathetic.

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Apparently not every time.   https://weei.radio.com/blogs/alex-reimer/tom-brady-took-hit-against-jacksonville-jaguars-probably-shouldve-been-called

There has been 1 roughing the passer call against Brady all season. The whining about Brady is getting real old and pathetic.

Yeah...sorry pal, not speaking of "this" season as a history lesson. Speaking vaguely of history in general. What we've ALL seen time and time again. 

The only whining is coming from you, who takes this quip and tries to make it "politically correct". Get over it man, I wasn't speaking necessarily as fact, just calling it as I, and I alone, see it. 

Thanks for comment tho?

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Yeah...sorry pal, not speaking of "this" season as a history lesson. Speaking vaguely of history in general. What we've ALL seen time and time again. 

The only whining is coming from you, who takes this quip and tries to make it "politically correct". Get over it man, I wasn't speaking necessarily as fact, just calling it as I, and I alone, see it. 

Thanks for comment tho?

politically correct? Where does that come from . I was 'statistically correct'.  You should have mentioned first that you weren't speaking as fact, often that is assumed. So the year the league goes crazy with roughing the passer penalties is the year they decide to not call it against Brady. Interesting.

18 minutes ago, klos63 said:

politically correct? Where does that come from . I was 'statistically correct'.  You should have mentioned first that you weren't speaking as fact, often that is assumed. So the year the league goes crazy with roughing the passer penalties is the year they decide to not call it against Brady. Interesting.

Better choice of wording by you.statistically speaking.

And my apologies for not denoting an obvious quip, lacking of any stats, as what it is before I spoke it. Some people need the punchline first I guess. 

Lighten up, Frances

Edited by BuffAlone

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Better choice of wording by you.statistically speaking.

And my apologies for not denoting an obvious quip, lacking of any stats, as what it is before I spoke it. Some people need the punchline first I guess. 

Lighten up, Frances

sorry for being so critical, it's just really ridiculous the way people react to Brady's successes. I should just ignore the comments, they're obviously not meant to be taken literally.