Is hitting QB's on the arm roughing the passer?

BBills88

It’s a fact the refs favor patriots* especially Tom.  

In this scenario, yes, 100% a penalty.  

If we are playing the Jets, it could go either way. 

Refs have long been suspected of doing everything in their power to change the outcome of our games. 

Bills are at the very bottom of the totem pole. 

Edited by COTC

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well you're not supposed to lead with your helmet anymore also you're not supposed to hit the QB late.

Of which events took place when Allen got hurt but no call. Had that been Hughes, the field would have been littered with yellow laundry.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well you're not supposed to lead with your helmet anymore also you're not supposed to hit the QB late.

Both players hit him late from either side. Flags should've been everywhere.  If it was Brady or Rodgers the flags would've come. It is what it is. The NFL invests very little in the Bill's. They continue to serve their purpose as schedule filler.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both players hit him late from either side. Flags should've been everywhere.  If it was Brady or Rodgers the flags would've come. It is what it is. The NFL invests very little in the Bill's. They continue to serve their purpose as schedule filler.

I've wondered why there hasn't been more discussion about the double hit on Allen. Of course we all know if it was Brady, Rogers, etc it would be all over the sport shows. One of the commenters on ESPN ( I think the ex Patriot lineman) said the other day that Brady is a super star & has earned the right to get the roughing calls-----what a bunch of BS, I wanted to puke when I heard that. So young QB's the future of the league don't deserve the same degree of protection ?  The rules should be same for everybody but of course they're not. So much for the NFL's player safety BS.  The Bill's owners & FO should be complaining like hell to the NFL about this hit.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Spearing/leading with the helmet has always been against the rules but rarely enforced until Recently . Josh Allen definitely was the recipient of 2 helmets sandwiching his arm that was also late. No flag unless your Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I've wondered why there hasn't been more discussion about the double hit on Allen. Of course we all know if it was Brady, Rogers, etc it would be all over the sport shows. One of the commenters on ESPN ( I think the ex Patriot lineman) said the other day that Brady is a super star & has earned the right to get the roughing calls-----what a bunch of BS, I wanted to puke when I heard that. So young QB's the future of the league don't deserve the same degree of protection ?  The rules should be same for everybody but of course they're not. So much for the NFL's player safety BS.  The Bill's owners & FO should be complaining like hell to the NFL about this hit.

Brady,Brees, Rogers are the face of the NFL the three players everyone knows even if they don’t watch football.  I am pretty sure the NFL has told referees to pay “closer attention” to any hits on them.   Is it right? No all QBs should be given the same protection.. is it surprising? No this is a business and those three are money makers for all 32 teams.

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

In a perfect and ethical world that would happen. Just like any other huge company all the NFL cares about is revenue. Brady, Rodgers, etc generate that money. So of course they'll get preferential treatment. Once these guys all retire,  you'll see the young guns slowly get some calls. The shield put $ > fairness.