What We Will Know by the Trade Deadline

29 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

By the trade deadline we'll know whether they consider this season to be a complete rebuilding year. If they trade Shady, then they're officially throwing in the towel and tooling up for next year's draft. If not, it means they think there's still a chance, however remote it may be, to have a winning season.

...Shady stays unless you want a revolt......if the pressers had questions for McDermott about "losing the locker room in Peterman starts", imagine the flak with a Shady trade.....BTW, is McBeane in the Witness Protection Program?......other than that, the trade deadline is a non-issue......McDermott probably sent the memo to McBeane already that we're "in good shape", his subordinate........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Now that Anderson is at the helm, it will allow us to make some final decisions on a few things:

#1 KB- If KB was frustrated with crappy QB play, then at least he has some familiarity with Anderson. If they get on the same page over the next few weeks, it will go a long way to point out the root of the problem. If KB steps up, then we know that is was on the QB's. If KB is the same POS, then we can run him out of town with no regrets.

#2 DaBoll.  Anderson is a wise vet, though he doesn't have the physical talent of Allen. If DaBoll is a real OC we will see if he can scheme up plays that actually work. Although the play book will be dumbed down, the basic scheme can be executed by a veteran who understands pre-snap alignments and pressure.  This alone should put people in the right position to make plays and execute their assignments. 

#3 the RB's and OL  Since we should be a little more run heavy, we get the opportunity to see if we can enforce our will at the LOS. With Anderson able to make the adjustments and intermediate throws, including the dreaded NP out, perhaps we can achieve some balance. If Murphy and Ivory really step up, then it may be time to get something for Shady. Personally, I'd like to see Shady play out his contract here. This is also a great opportunity to see what we have on our OL once and for all.

#4 Peterson. It seems the wise choice was made and the pressure is off Peterman to carry the offense. If Anderson goes down for any reason, this is Nate's last chance at redemption. He should be shown the door, but stranger things have happened.

I'm glad McD wised up and went with the vet. If Anderson blows up, then going back to Peterman will be his only choice and it's better than trying the opposite. 

Add your takes on what you see playing out over the next 2-4 weeks.

Hey. I believe you forgot Zay if I don’t say.

If this character is averaging 2+ yards of separation I expect Anderson to find him.

Wiley Vet and all

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Shady stays unless you want a revolt......if the pressers had questions for McDermott about "losing the locker room in Peterman starts", imagine the flak with a Shady trade..........

I think you're right about that.

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

i do not think it is an either/or proposition via trade deadline.

But yes, if Shady goes away , we are calling it a wash.

But how do you do that with the defense playing so well ?

I wouldn't.

5 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You really know nothing about the different offensive systems in the NFL do you.  Earnhardt Perkins is an exstremly complex offensive system. Big time WR have gone to NE and failed.  Fortunately Anderson has some experience with it. 

See above

Wide receivers with less talent have also made it because of their offensive scheme. Also, Shady should be a nightmare for LB’s to cover out of the backfield but we very rarely use him that way.  Watch the way KC uses Hunt out of the backfield.  I don’t see us finding many mismatches on offense.

3 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

Wide receivers with less talent have also made it because of their offensive scheme. Also, Shady should be a nightmare for LB’s to cover out of the backfield but we very rarely use him that way.  Watch the way KC uses Hunt out of the backfield.  I don’t see us finding many mismatches on offense.

That would be on the QB. It is the QBs job to identify those things and adjust accordingly. Hopefully this is something Anderson can manage. 

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

In typical Bills fashion, Anderson gets us the next two wins...including a Monday Nighter against the Patriots, and they offer him Franchise money to become the next big star only to suffer Buyer's Remorse three weeks later.  Shoot me now.

What chu pop befo posting this brah? I want that.

7 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It wasn’t.  Schemes don’t get dumbed down. The entire playbook just doesn’t get implemented 

You guys are saying the same thing, dumbed down vs entire playbook not getting implemented. You surely can get this?

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What chu pop befo posting this brah? I want that.

You guys are saying the same thing, dumbed down vs entire playbook not getting implemented. You surely can get this?

Maybe.  But to me dumb down would mean to change it but if he means not use everything in the play book then it’s the same.