What We Will Know by the Trade Deadline

Now that Anderson is at the helm, it will allow us to make some final decisions on a few things:

#1 KB- If KB was frustrated with crappy QB play, then at least he has some familiarity with Anderson. If they get on the same page over the next few weeks, it will go a long way to point out the root of the problem. If KB steps up, then we know that is was on the QB's. If KB is the same POS, then we can run him out of town with no regrets.

#2 DaBoll.  Anderson is a wise vet, though he doesn't have the physical talent of Allen. If DaBoll is a real OC we will see if he can scheme up plays that actually work. Although the play book will be dumbed down, the basic scheme can be executed by a veteran who understands pre-snap alignments and pressure.  This alone should put people in the right position to make plays and execute their assignments. 

#3 the RB's and OL  Since we should be a little more run heavy, we get the opportunity to see if we can enforce our will at the LOS. With Anderson able to make the adjustments and intermediate throws, including the dreaded NP out, perhaps we can achieve some balance. If Murphy and Ivory really step up, then it may be time to get something for Shady. Personally, I'd like to see Shady play out his contract here. This is also a great opportunity to see what we have on our OL once and for all.

#4 Peterson. It seems the wise choice was made and the pressure is off Peterman to carry the offense. If Anderson goes down for any reason, this is Nate's last chance at redemption. He should be shown the door, but stranger things have happened.

I'm glad McD wised up and went with the vet. If Anderson blows up, then going back to Peterman will be his only choice and it's better than trying the opposite. 

Add your takes on what you see playing out over the next 2-4 weeks.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

#2 DaBoll.  Anderson is a wise vet, though he doesn't have the physical talent of Allen. If DaBoll is a real OC we will see if he can scheme up plays that actually work. Although the play book will be dumbed down, the basic scheme can be executed by a veteran who understands pre-snap alignments and pressure.  This alone should put people in the right position to make plays and execute their assignments. 

If Daboll was a real OC, why wasn't the playbook dumbed down for a green as grass rookie, but the expectations are for it to be dumbed down for a vet QB?  Even with a week as a Bill, Anderson should be able to pick up the playbook a lot quicker than a rookie who, to make things worse, didn't get to work with the first team as a penciled in starter would in TC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If Daboll was a real OC, why wasn't the playbook dumbed down for a green as grass rookie, but the expectations are for it to be dumbed down for a vet QB?  Even with a week as a Bill, Anderson should be able to pick up the playbook a lot quicker than a rookie who, to make things worse, didn't get to work with the first team as a penciled in starter would in TC.

I don’t think his playbook ever needs to be dumbed down.  It looks basic to me.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I see some ugly losses and no wins as teams will have little to no fear of anderson scrambling and our oline being exposed as bottom 5 in the league... We will beg for Josh Allen to be rushed back and wont win another game until he returns to the starting line-up

Anderson couldn't scramble when he was young, I hope the Bills OL doesn't get him killed.

They aspire to be the bottom 5th.

58 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have this weird feeling that Anderson rips off a couple wins in relief, fans clamor for him to stay in, he has a terrible 3rd game, and we are then back to Allen due to said clamoring fans.

I'll take that.  Ripping off a few wins with a terrible 3rd game puts us at 4-5 with a MNF win over the Pats. 

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have this weird feeling that Anderson rips off a couple wins in relief, fans clamor for him to stay in, he has a terrible 3rd game, and we are then back to Allen due to said clamoring fans.

The fans don't determine the starting QB

The is no way in Hades, no possible way, Anderson can be worse than Peterman. Anderson could take snaps in the Shotgun from his knees, throw left handed, and still be better than Peterpick. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Anderson needs to grow a Fitzpatrick beard for that to happen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hold on - did we trade for Tom Brady and he legally changed his name to Derek Anderson?

Otherwise I can’t see why you can make these assumptions based on a journeyman who was sitting on his couch just over a week ago and in his prime was the other team’s QB in the 3-6 game nearly a decade ago.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

In typical Bills fashion, Anderson gets us the next two wins...including a Monday Nighter against the Patriots, and they offer him Franchise money to become the next big star only to suffer Buyer's Remorse three weeks later.  Shoot me now.

I'll take the first part any day. A win is a win. I don't want the first pick that badly. Unless we view Bosa as a confirmation prize for enduring this year.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Hold on - did we trade for Tom Brady and he legally changed his name to Derek Anderson?

Otherwise I can’t see why you can make these assumptions based on a journeyman who was sitting on his couch just over a week ago and in his prime was the other team’s QB in the 3-6 game nearly a decade ago.

Every Bills fan is blinded by optimism and drunk on Kool-Aide hoping and praying we get average play from whoever we trot out as our QB. This is no different. We hope and dream that somehow we uncovered a gem or struck lightning in a bottle and magically we get better. Realism sets in after a difficult loss and we come here to b*tch. 

Edited by BillsRdue

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Now that Anderson is at the helm, it will allow us to make some final decisions on a few things:

#1 KB- If KB was frustrated with crappy QB play, then at least he has some familiarity with Anderson. If they get on the same page over the next few weeks, it will go a long way to point out the root of the problem. If KB steps up, then we know that is was on the QB's. If KB is the same POS, then we can run him out of town with no regrets.

#3 the RB's and OL  Since we should be a little more run heavy, we get the opportunity to see if we can enforce our will at the LOS. With Anderson able to make the adjustments and intermediate throws, including the dreaded NP out, perhaps we can achieve some balance. If Murphy and Ivory really step up, then it may be time to get something for Shady. Personally, I'd like to see Shady play out his contract here. This is also a great opportunity to see what we have on our OL once and for all.

#4 Peterson. It seems the wise choice was made and the pressure is off Peterman to carry the offense. If Anderson goes down for any reason, this is Nate's last chance at redemption. He should be shown the door, but stranger things have happened.

I'm glad McD wised up and went with the vet. If Anderson blows up, then going back to Peterman will be his only choice and it's better than trying the opposite. 

Add your takes on what you see playing out over the next 2-4 weeks.

I'm pretty sure that nothing stranger has ever happened than for an historically wretched QB like Peterman to somehow redeem his moribund career.

52 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Well Ray, a leak from Bill's camp is that they're installing the screen pass but they're still struggling to figure it out.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You really know nothing about the different offensive systems in the NFL do you.  Earnhardt Perkins is an exstremly complex offensive system. Big time WR have gone to NE and failed.  Fortunately Anderson has some experience with it. 

4 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

1 hour ago, Ray Finkel said:

See above

Edited by formerlyofCtown

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You really know nothing about the different offensive systems in the NFL do you.  Earnhardt Perkins is an exstremly complex offensive system. Big time WR have gone to NE and failed.  Fortunately Anderson has some experience with it. 

See above

Then WHY wasn't it dumbed down for Josh Allen?  That was the crux of my initial post, which you didn't seem to get.