Derek Anderson to start vs Colts

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

he will look better than anyone on the roster.   

Multiple sub 100 yard games is just as bad as throwing a pick IMO. 

Anderson is the best Qb we currently have on the roster, it's not saying much but it's an upgrade. 

We just need him to be serviceable, with the understanding that JA needs to get right back in there once healthy, because now that we’ve crossed the Rubicon with JA starting this year anyway, we need to keep going with his development until we’re sure of what we’ve got—otherwise it’s even more of a wasted year. Does anyone really think DA will be around past this or at most, 2 seasons? They probably had to beg as it was, for him to sign at all. 

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sad to think of how many man hours have been poured by the Bills into now 3 different QBs besides JA, both in the classroom and on the field with precious 1st team reps, that mean zilch for the future of the franchise beyond 2018. JA needs to get back into this huddle ASAP! 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We are in a world where we would rather have Derek Anderson play.   Good times.

Haha.  Much respect for the Bills PR for trying to get anyone excited for Derek Anderson.  Bring back the Nate Peterman hype video.

And people on this board say the fans are too demanding.    

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Then why haven’t we signed someone else and when do we cut him 

My own theory is because they have Anderson and Josh is not out the whole season they are holding their breath and letting Peterman carry the clipboard.....

This is not what I would do......I honestly would sign Landry Jones and cut Peterman

Just now, John from Riverside said:

My own theory is because they have Anderson and Josh is not out the whole season they are holding their breath and letting Peterman carry the clipboard.....

This is not what I would do......I honestly would sign Landry Jones and cut Peterman

At least get someone on the practice squad, right? I get it’s tough to carry 4 QBs, and you can’t go into this week with Anderson as the only one that’s healthy and knows any plays (so cutting NP and signing someone’s tough, especially not knowing how far Anderson’s come around).... but peterman can’t be #2 even for a few weeks here. 

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Sign Tyler "Hope and" Bray off the Bears practice squad. He's in shape. He's been practicing. AND we play the Bears in a few weeks. Win. Win.

2 minutes ago, major said:

Let’s imagine Derek Anderson goes 2-1 over the next 3 games. Do you go back to Allen when healthy?

I think they want to play him as soon as he’s ready, but it will be complicated if they are actively in a playoff race and DA is playing well. I think that’s why McD was deliberately vague on when he’d be back, only saying that he had a chance to return this year. Whereas Josh made it sound like he felt it would be a couple weeks, matching the reports. 

I don't think this guy will be the cure to the teams offensive struggles. I expect more of the same just with a different face. The defense has been high level. This guy wont need but a few TD drives to win a game.