Derek Anderson to start vs Colts

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Man, I'm still trying to shake off the fact that this is the same Derek Anderson who was Cleveland's QB (in 2009?) when they beat the Bills 6-3.  That game was coined as possibly the worst NFL game ever played.  Anderson completed 2 passes for 23 yards.  I remember watching it. Every single play.  Hoping to see a decent version of DA going forward.

This entire post made me laugh out loud.  Thank you!

If you don't laugh at the Bills and this season, you'll cry, then want to commit suicide.

Better to laugh.

I'm usually in the "he (or it) can't be any worse" camp but this time I'm not so sure.  As much as Peterman is not an NFL-caliber quarterback, Anderson has essentially not played in the NFL for two years, joined the Bills about 10 days ago, and even when he was "good", that was back in 2008-2009.  The one year he was really good, Cleveland beat the Bills in Cleveland in a snow game and he looked meh and the next year was the infamous 6-3 game (aka "the worst football game ever played") and he was 2-17 for 23 yards.  2-17!!  I'm thinking it's going to look like Matt Leinart in the preseason game a couple of seasons back. 

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....same list that I think is in Canton, right??.............

We have averaged one starting quarterback every 1.2 years since Kelly retired, 22 years ago. 

That will continue in the next several years.

Edited by Fadingpain

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Carolina connection 

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

Who cares about the cap hit and I can't imagine it would be a huge one. But yeah, let's have a battle between 2 non NFL QB's to see who plays the next month or so. This is great.

Considering he has yet to offer or say he is willing to sign for backup type money..... We have little to no cap room at the moment, we have a great cap situation after this season. Why ruin that for ANOTHER "non-NFL qb" to play for the next month or so. Great. Again this guy lost his job to Blaine Gabbert BEFORE any protest, and was on a downward trend in all categories every year once defenses figured him out and the read-option is much less effective

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

We have averaged 1.1 starting quarterbacks, per year, since Kelly retired, 22 years ago. 

That will continue in the next several years.

...is Peterman the .1?    somebody is the fraction of a QB...............

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The last time Anderson played, NFL rules were pretty different from where they are now. He might find the modern passing game a little bit easier than what he's used to. I don't know, just a thought I had.

Maybe we should bring in Terry Bradshaw then?

The rules to the passing game were even tougher in his day.

Edited by Binghamton Beast