Canada celebrates legalization day

23 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Agree... It's a plant.

During the "Age of Sail" was grown all over for rope/riggings.  It's a superior plant to cotton.  Insect resistant, cold hardy, better fibers, etc...

Yet, ingest it... How do we fend off the "Stoner Malaise" unless You are super 3 Sport Johnny with a boot up His arse.

I just don't see substituting one problem for another, and creating a whole economy around it as the answer.

But... Hey!  Let Us Try!

I used to smoke too Ex, don't anymore but back in my highschool/college days I was big into it. Also ended up valedictorian and graduated college w/honors. Not an unusual phenomenon by any stretch.

It's a dependency problem inasmuch as any substance has the potential to be, but I'd argue less so w/ cannabis. It's also stigmatized by pharma and tobacco lobbies who have a lot to gain by keeping a plant on Schedule 1 alongside heroin and bath salts, while cocaine and methamphetamines get Schedule 2 classification along w/ fentanyl and oxycodone. And these are theoretically listed in order of dependency and potential for abuse. It's absolute lunacy.

14 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I'm defending logic, reason, and freedom against antiquated views and misconceptions.  To not see how the benefits drastically outweigh the risks is baffling to me.

Agree with this totally.  We are just 180° opposite on how We interpret Your second sentence.

The bennys don't outweigh the risks with any recreational drug.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I used to smoke too Ex, don't anymore but back in my highschool/college days I was big into it. Also ended up valedictorian and graduated college w/honors. Not an unusual phenomenon by any stretch.

It's a dependency problem inasmuch as any substance has the potential to be, but I'd argue less so w/ cannabis. It's also stigmatized by pharma and tobacco lobbies who have a lot to gain by keeping a plant on Schedule 1 alongside heroin and bath salts, while cocaine and methamphetamines get Schedule 2 classification along w/ fentanyl and oxycodone. And these are theoretically listed in order of dependency and potential for abuse. It's absolute lunacy.

Still not going to sell me how pot culture is going to make the world less lazy.

LoL... 

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Agree with this totally.  We are just 180° opposite on how We interpret Your second sentence.

Well, when you consider the number of people whose lives aren't ruined because of stupid criminal charges because of it (as well as their innocent family members); the exorbitant public dollars spent on policing, prosecuting, and incarcerating people for these crimes; the reduction (not elimination, but reduction) in the illegal black market selling of these and all the crimes that go along with it (including violent ones with innocent bystanders impacted at times); the insane costs of prescription medications and how you could potentially substitute a lot of them with something you could grow on your own; I think your perspective may change a bit.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mark80 said:

Well, when you consider the number of people whose lives aren't ruined because of stupid criminal charges because of it (as well as their innocent family members); the exorbitant public dollars spent on policing, prosecuting, and incarcerating people for these crimes; the reduction (not elimination, but reduction) in the illegal black market selling of these and all the crimes that go along with it (including violent ones with innocent bystanders impacted at times); the insane costs of prescription medications and how you could potentially substitute a lot of them with something you could grow on your own; I think your perspective may change.

+1... That's the leap I would like to see, the lessening of that.  Why I am pro-legalization.  I wanna see all these "benefits" come true. Wanna see if they will put themselves jobs.

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Still not going to sell me how pot culture is going to make the world less lazy.

LoL... 

The medicinal value will far outweigh any perceived loss of productivity due to legalization imo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I smoked weed since I was a freshman in HS.  Also was a 3 sport athlete, top 10 percent in my class, and worked at a restaurant 3 days a week starting at age 14.

I probably could have sat home stoned and played my guitar too, but I didn’t.  Know why? Because I’d be walking around town with 3 sneakers on.  Two on my feet, and my Father’s sticking up my ass.  Don’t allow your kids to be stoner retards and they won’t.  Don’t give me his horse *****.

The patty melt was delish, BTW ?

Well, all that pot use clearly got you in some trouble.  Why else would a black man be hiding out in the hills of Vermont?  It’s like an episode of Ozark.

• Haha (+1) 1