Ralph Wilson would have been 100 years old today; foundation invests 100 mill in WNY

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, In Nate We Trust said:

You are kidding right? The Cowboys just built a 1.5 Billion facility on credit. This is the NFL. Getting a 20 million loan to fix up a facility would have been easy as it gets. The facility was a joke. They used to bring in free agents and they laughed at how bad it was.  It was worse than Division 3 college facilities.

This addresses neither of my points. Loans have to be paid back, and as I said, Ralph didn't have the liquid assets.

And second, there are more important things than football.

ralph....the gift that keeps on giving

this will transform lasalle park into the crown jewel it should be

The timing is no accident: The $100 million announcement comes on what would have been Ralph C. Wilson Jr.'s 100th birthday.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/10/17/ralph-c-wilson-foundation-100-million-dollar-grant-lasalle-park-trails/

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ralph is Cheap!

(surprised it took this long) :)

he was with the Bills :D

He went all out once for Mario but should have went after Peyton instead .

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ralph is Cheap!

(surprised it took this long) :)

he was with the Bills :D

He went all out once for Mario but should have went after Peyton instead .

Makes me curious as to what fans would rather have (not that it matters)...

Would you rather have donations for projects like this, or would you rather he donated all $1.2  million (or $1.3 now) towards a new stadium that would cost taxpayers nothing, and ensuring the Bills stay in Buffalo for years to come?

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Makes me curious as to what fans would rather have (not that it matters)...

Would you rather have donations for projects like this, or would you rather he donated all $1.2  million (or $1.3 now) towards a new stadium that would cost taxpayers nothing, and ensuring the Bills stay in Buffalo for years to come?

I think you mean billion.

To answer your question, Ralph already ensured that the Bills would be in Buffalo for a long time by signing a ten-year lease with a ridiculous penalty for breaking it. He knew the Pegulas were interested in buying the team, had the capital to do it, and had personal incentive to keep them in Buffalo. They can finance a stadium without public funds if they think it's worth it, and they're smart enough to know that they can't price the tickets out of reach of the average fan.

Therefore, I'd prefer that he donated it to the community as a whole. Football is entertainment. A region needs more than an NFL team in order to thrive.