The Marquee Matchup of Week Seven: NO vs. BAL

8 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

A win will get the Raven's monkey off of Brees' back.  It's the one team in the league he's never beaten in his entire career.  I think it'll be a really fun game.  The Ravens struggled to stop the run vs Cleveland because Pierce was out and Joe Flacco showed who he was by only putting up 9 points.

But there is one he hasn't beaten his entire career and it's them.

They haven't played since 2014--and Brees lit them up for 3 TDs and over 400 yards passing.  Before that, it was 8 years ago. They've played 4 times in 15 years.  That's not much of a monkey.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

They haven't played since 2014--and Brees lit them up for 3 TDs and over 400 yards passing.  Before that, it was 8 years ago. 

And the Saints still lost.  And Brees career extends back beyond 2014.  It's just a team he's never beaten for whatever reason.

Edited by NewEraBills

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Neither are the 2014 Ravens.  So I'm not sure what your point could be.

Exactly.  So you have restated my point--lack of wins against a team he has scarcely played has no affect on his chances of beating them this weekend.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly.  So you have restated my point--lack of wins against a team he has scarcely played has no affect on his chances of beating them this weekend.

OK.  I'm not for sure why you took me to say he has no chance of beating them this weekend though because I never said that.  I only stated the fact that it's the only team in the league he hasn't beaten.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In Baltimore on grass?  I'm thinking no. 

The thing in the Saints favor though is the Saints defense doesn't have to be good.  If the Flacco that played against the Browns shows up, the Ravens are cooked.

To me the bigger matchup in this game is the Saints defense vs the Ravens Offense.  What units will show up?

Edited by NewEraBills

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

The thing in the Saints favor though is the Saints defense doesn't have to be good.  If the Flacco that played against the Browns shows up, the Ravens are cooked.

I think they'll be able to do some damage at home. 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes. Less advantageous than being at home on turf. ;)

I understand that. I think that having the two headed monster back of Ingram and Kamara will open up the field. I think it keeps Baltimore off balance leading to 30+ and a rather decisive win. We shall see of course. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

I understand that. I think that having the two headed monster back of Ingram and Kamara will open up the field. I think it keeps Baltimore off balance leading to 30+ and a rather decisive win. We shall see of course. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the contest.

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I’m hoping the Bears can push the Patriots around this week. 

I think all of us here want that (and any fan not from NE) 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

These are all better games.  I think Brees will school this D.  There's no defense he (as opposed to Mariota) hasn't seen.

I do like Brees.   They are putting something in the water to keep these guys going... 

Oh wait, it's not the water but the crazy protect the all-star QB at all costs. the lesser, younger guys can get mugged.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The same Ravens that beat Cleveland 12 - 9?    Who makes these choice?   

This is week 7.  Playoff implications matter from here on out. 

I think the following order has more interest that the Saints Ravens. 

1 New England @ Chicago
2 Cincinnati Kansas City
3 Los Angeles R San Fran **
4 Carolina Philadelphia
5 New Orleans Baltimore
5 Minnesota New York J

** CJ Bethard 

Can’t say I agree about NE@CHI.  Not sold on the Bears and I can see them getting exposed this week.  On top of that, it’s October now so we should see the usual unstoppable Brady.  Wouldn’t surprise me if NE wins this game by > 20.

NFL Week 7 game picks: Chiefs over Bengals; Saints top Ravens

4:05 p.m. ET (FOX) | M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore)

Fantastic matchup in Baltimore, with Drew Brees and the Saints' scary passing offense facing the most prolific pass rush in football. Perhaps the coolest aspect of the Ravens' sackapalooza last week in Nashville was that 10 of the 11 sacks came on blitzes. Only three other teams (Green Bay, Arizona and Dallas) have compiled 10-plus sacks on blitzes all seasonMarcus Mariota drowned in the pocket before ever identifying where those guys were coming from, or who dunked him. That level of confusion won't be as easy to manufacture against Brees. Sean Payton definitely has his work cut out for him, yet an oversimplified solution would be to use his running backs -- particularly Alvin Kamara -- more than normal. Move those LBs out of the gaps and force them to play in space. Establishing Mark Ingram on the ground early will also force the pass rushers to hesitate.

25 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Can’t say I agree about NE@CHI.  Not sold on the Bears and I can see them getting exposed this week.  On top of that, it’s October now so we should see the usual unstoppable Brady.  Wouldn’t surprise me if NE wins this game by > 20.

Nor am I but thats what makes it so interesting. 

Can NE score against a good Defense in Soldier field (if they still call it that) ?

Will Khalil Mack sack Brady?  

Did the light finally turn on for Mitch?   

• Like (+1) 1