We finally have a great chance at the #1 overall pick

LFC24

With Allen out for at least 3-5 weeks we can finally start thinking about the #1 overall pick. I have no doubt we will be picking top 3. Our offense struggles to put up over 10 points a game and our defense is decent (not top 5 or even top 10 like everyone thinks). We have played 2 bad offenses in a row, every other good QB we have faced this season our defense got ripped apart. 

So what do we do? Trade back or take the top guy available? I doubt anyone has the draft capital to trade up for #1, especially for a defensive end. This is prob one of the worst drafts to own the #1 overall pick. There is no generational type player available, and no top QB's that other teams want to trade out of the pick. We will most likely draft one of the two top DE's. 

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Schedule gets easier, and we have an elite defense.

Season has an 8-8 feel to it.

we could have the #1 defense in all statistical categories and it won't matter when our offense cannot move the ball more than 5 yards without a accumulating 20 penalty yards against. 

we held the titans to 12 points and it came down the the last kick of the game. we held the texans to 13 points and still lost lol. 

Edited by LFC24

1 minute ago, LFC24 said:

we could have the #1 defense in all statistical catagories and it won't matter when our offense cannot move the ball more than 5 yards without a accumulating 20 penalty yards against. 

They won’t be getting the first pick...

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Schedule gets easier, and we have an elite defense.

Season has an 8-8 feel to it.

Two losses to the Pats are locks

so you have them going 6-2 on other games, starting Sunday?!!

LOL

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

With Allen out for at least 3-5 weeks we can finally start thinking about the #1 overall pick. I have no doubt we will be picking top 3. Our offense struggles to put up over 10 points a game and our defense is decent (not top 5 or even top 10 like everyone thinks). We have played 2 bad offenses in a row, every other good QB we have faced this season our defense got ripped apart. 

So what do we do? Trade back or take the top guy available? I doubt anyone has the draft capital to trade up for #1, especially for a defensive end. This is prob one of the worst drafts to own the #1 overall pick. There is no generational type player available, and no top QB's that other teams want to trade out of the pick. We will most likely draft one of the two top DE's. 

By what deranged stretch of the imagination do you believe the Bills will get value out of the #1 pick?

• Haha (+1) 2

Our competition:

- Niners. But they showed some life against the Packers. Beathard might be kind of Jacoby Brissette-styel marginally o.k. And they do play the Cardinals twice.

- Cardinals. But they do play the Niners twice. And Josh Rosen may become a decent QB before too long.

- Colts. But they do have Andrew Luck, who is looking a little more like the old Andrew Luck every week. But they do play the Bills ...

- Raiders. This one may be tough. I'm sensing "Gruden cleans house/starts from scratch in 2019."

- Giants. A sleeper. Don't give up on them!

This really will be a race to the bottom this year. There's no superb QB out there to tank for, but why not tank anyway? All the teams mentioned above have essentially zero chance of making the playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 1

This seems very likely now.... If Derek Anderson starts people will see how atrocious our oline is. Josh Allen's running ability made opposing teams not be able to pin back their ears and rush for fear of him scrambling for first downs. We may actually get the #1 pick now and double down on a qb like J. Hebert or D. Lock.  I actually prefer trading down and restocking our oline and wr's with actual talent. 

Edited by ChattanoogaBills
  • Sad 1

4-12 is a stretch with this offense.  If we win 6, I'd be surprised. Unless Anderson lights a fire under his ass and regains his form of 2012, it's pretty much a lock that this season goes down in flames. All the process in the world, all the clapping and family time meetings and pouring out our hearts to each other in the locker room can not remove the stench of the QB situation and the FO's refusal to properly address it coming into the year. Peterman, really? WTF!

6-10, bad enough to be an embarrassment but not bad enough to get one of the top guys. That's how you stay mediocre forever.

It's too bad because this defense is playing amazing. Offense is one of the worst in the history of the NFL

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I have zero faith the current front office can identify and draft good offensive skill players, so if they get a high pick might as well take an elite defender.

They're actually not bad at drafting, McD can draft defense like it's nobody's business. Offense though? It's impossible to make an informed decision because they never draft offense! Watch, it'll be a DB! :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1