We finally have a great chance at the #1 overall pick

LFC24

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We are not even tied for worst record in the league so far. Heck we are about to play a team that has more losses than us and yet is still basically a TD favorite. My point is, don’t pencil us in just yet. Will probably still finish better than 4 or 5 other teams 

Unfortunately you are right.  We will be just in the perfect position to miss out on one of the 2 or 3can’t miss player

Im going more 4-12 lately.   We still have the Pats twice, so make our record 2-6.   Thats 8 games left  to go 500, 4-4 to get to 6-`10.   The Jax and Bears Ds vs the McD neanderthal offense, Jets/Dolphins twice. Indy and the Lions    I would bet against 6-10.

37 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Too bad there is no Saquan Barkley prospect this year. I think Josh could benefit the most from a good run attack.

I don’t disagree with you there, but don’t overlook the fundamental need for a solid Oline to help keep him upright either 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I don’t disagree with you there, but don’t overlook the fundamental need for a solid Oline to help keep him upright either 

That would be exactly where I'd look next. Is there an elite LT available? If we're picking that high, maybe we can land the next Joe Thomas. Dawkins has been good, but not elite.

• Thank you (+1) 1

No.

With our defense we will win a MINIMUM of 6 games.

I think we still win on Sunday, too... assuming McDermott starts Anderson, which unfortunately isn't a given.

Allen is on his way back within a month or so. I wouldn't be super upset if we waited til after the bye to bring him back. Let him grow and learn watching a vet QB prepare and play and try to learn from it. 

I'm still thinking playoffs :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LFC24 said:

With Allen out for at least 3-5 weeks we can finally start thinking about the #1 overall pick. I have no doubt we will be picking top 3. Our offense struggles to put up over 10 points a game and our defense is decent (not top 5 or even top 10 like everyone thinks). We have played 2 bad offenses in a row, every other good QB we have faced this season our defense got ripped apart. 

So what do we do? Trade back or take the top guy available? I doubt anyone has the draft capital to trade up for #1, especially for a defensive end. This is prob one of the worst drafts to own the #1 overall pick. There is no generational type player available, and no top QB's that other teams want to trade out of the pick. We will most likely draft one of the two top DE's. 

I think that Bosa and Oliver could be generational players. If the Bills do have the #1 pick and those 2 are there they should take one.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LFC24 said:

we could have the #1 defense in all statistical categories and it won't matter when our offense cannot move the ball more than 5 yards without a accumulating 20 penalty yards against. 

we held the titans to 12 points and it came down the the last kick of the game. we held the texans to 13 points and still lost lol. 

Yes, or in other words, as Success said, 8-8

9 hours ago, Success said:

Schedule gets easier, and we have an elite defense.

Season has an 8-8 feel to it.

And besides that, it feels like an Arby's night...?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Bills and Raiders hoping the 1970s strategy returns 

Good.  I'll see if I can find my Earthquake Enyart jersey.