I mean...I’d still pay for Teddy

GoodHands15

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This a horrible idea.  I’d roll Logan Thomas out there and tank the season before using significant assets on a filler QB.  Be a fan, but be critical of 2019 and beyond.

Filler?

Getting Bridgewater on this team and running with him until he breaks is as good an idea as I can think of at this point....while still drafting another QB next year, hopefully with a very high drafting position.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Filler?

Getting Bridgewater on this team and running with him until he breaks is as good an idea as I can think of at this point....while still drafting another QB next year, hopefully with a very high drafting position.

The saints gave the jets a 2nd rd pick.  Would you like to trade the saints our second rd pick for a rental qb?  We have a very good defense, but the rest of the offense isn’t championship caliber. I’d rather keep the 2nd to add a WR or OL for the next 4-10 years as opposed to a QB for 6-8 games.  Doesn’t make sense unless we think we’d win the super bowl. Not happening this year

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Teddy isnt leaving Saints. He is The heir apparent to Brees 

Because that is what the Jets signed him for. 

I thought Taysom Hill was

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

You would pay a 3rd round for Teddy KGB?

100%

He played well before he got hurt and didn’t play poorly this year.

15 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

I would hope they try and sign him next year, allowing him to compete for the job... I don’t think he’s re-upping with the Saints, Brees isn’t about to retire, atleast not next year, and why would Teddy just keep waiting for his opportunity?

If I’m Bridgewater, I’m pretty confident I can win an open competition vs Josh Allen...

Right and then in another year we have JA supplant Teddy

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Filler?

More brilliant advice, and how many games would you give that draft pic to develop before you call to cut him and draft another?

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly.  I feel like the statement “this isn’t madden bro” can be used about a million times in every thread on this board.

- Our offense sucks - “This isn’t Madden bro”, you can’t rebuild an entire team in one off season.

- McD only likes defensive players - “This isn’t Madden bro”, you can’t rebuild an entire team in one off season.

Fire McBeane - “This isn’t Madden bro” (see above)

Allen isn’t lighting the league on fire - “This isn’t Madden bro”, kid needs time to develop and he has nothing to work with.

Trade McCoy and KB - “This isn’t Madden bro”, teams aren’t going to give us much for an again RB over 30 with off field issues and a WR who sucks and is a FA next year.

Sign/Trade for “insert name” QB - “This isn’t Madden bro”, QBs aren’t just plug and play, they need time to learn the offense and Allen only out a couple weeks.

I mean I could go on and on and on...

I agree with your overall analysis, but I'm still thinking we should consider sending a 2nd to GB for Rodgers. He and McCarthy seem to be having some issues.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I struggle to see why people think TB is a good QBs.  His arm Might be weaker than Peterman.  Obviously, he would be the best qb on our team but he’s not really getting you anywhere.

It's not. Not even close because he can throw an out with being picked off repeatedly. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Probably a little bit of hyperbole but his arm he is really weak.  He threws pop flys on his deep passes.  His best season was 14 td to 9 ints.  

He doesn't have a howitzer, but pop flys is more exaggeration. As a young QB in a ground oriented offense built on defense under Zimmer, he did just fine.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He doesn't have a howitzer, but pop flys is more exaggeration. As a young QB in a ground oriented offense built on defense, he did just fine.

I never saw it boss.  I hate the whole big arm crap like it snows every game in Buffalo but TB would struggle in OP IMo.

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Probably a little bit of hyperbole but his arm he is really weak.  He threws pop flys on his deep passes.  His best season was 14 td to 9 ints.  

I don't know whether it's so much about arm strength but the fact is Teddy has never shown a good deep ball and he wasn't asked to do much with it in Minni as a result. He's a very accurate short/intermediate range passer however and he's the guy I was hoping Bills would target in the summer. Had they done that IMO we would have a credible chance of getting a wildcard playoff berth. Maybe they ruled him out because of his injury.