Bills pass D has longest streak in NFL without allowing a 300 yard passer

Big Turk

Bills D has now gone 15 straight games without allowing the opposition to reach 300 yards passing.

With QBs routinely throwing for 300 yards a game and with 400+ yard games becoming more common this is pretty damn impressive especially considering some of the QBs they have faced over that stretch.

Bills D is no joke. I hope they don't singlehandedly screw us out of a high draft pick by winning us a few games we shouldn't win based on our offensive production.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Bills D is no joke. I hope they don't singlehandedly screw us out of a high draft pick by winning us a few games we shouldn't win based on our offensive production.

I doubt it because it's only a matter of time before they give up and quit trying, knowing their effort is futile.  Games like vs Houston and GB have to be disheartening.

5 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

If our offense keeps up this level of production, or gets worse with the change of qb the streak will likely continue since teams will have no reason to pass late.

Really? Watson was still passing late...all 177 yards he got.

Love how we always come up with excuses for why the defense is phenomenal instead of, you know, admitting the defense is phenomenal.

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Love how we always come up with excuses for why the defense is phenomenal instead of, you know, admitting the defense is phenomenal.

Yeah because we shut down their offense. It's hard to have 13 points of offense and over 300 yards passing.

Edited by Steve Billieve

20 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I doubt it because it's only a matter of time before they give up and quit trying, knowing their effort is futile.  Games like vs Houston and GB have to be disheartening.

I dont think players like Kyle Williams and Lorax know what that means. I dont think they are allowing anyone on that defense to do that either.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I dont think players like Kyle Williams and Lorax know what that means. I dont think they are allowing anyone on that defense to do that either.

I was somewhat kidding in my post, but yeah, guys like Kyle and Lorax probably will not quit, as well as Edmunds (I'd assume) since he is focused on learning the MLB position.  But I can see some guys lose heart - Hughes comes to mind.  Sucks for the defense, though, when you know the offense cannot pull their weight.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m starting to think that teams don’t develop complex offensive gameplans against us because they know they don’t have to score to beat us, they keep things simple and end up winning because we can't do anything with the ball. What’s our record in the last 15 games? 6-9. Haha 69, I like what you did there

Edited by uticaclub

53 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nice stats OP, thanks.

I was led to believe by this site that the D-line and LBers were some combination of trash, old, undisciplined and/or over-rated. Now I'm supposed to buy into they''ll quit because the offense sucks. 

Defense has been playing pretty well. We'd probably be talking it up more if not for the problems on the other side of the ball.

For the last 10 years at least we go through cycles. Strong defense, weak offense, strong offense, weak defense. I still believe that if Fitz had been with us when we had a good defense, we would have made the playoffs. When he was with us, he was always trying to come from behind due to our defense allowing teams to go down the field and score. We have a great defense....even a mid range QB could make this work. 

This is not a knock on Allen, he is a rook. It is just a view of our team overall during the recent decade.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I’m starting to think that teams don’t develop complex offensive gameplans against us because they know they don’t have to score to beat us, they keep things simple and end up winning because we can't do anything with the ball. What’s our record in the last 15 games? 6-9. Haha 69, I like what you did there

Yes. Brilliant take. Teams see us destroying other offensive units and simply thibk they will coast to victory. Makes perfect sense. No idea how people can actually think like this. My brain hurts trying to understand it.

Edited by matter2003