Think Things Are Bad, Try 2009, Browns 6 Bills 3

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

Favorite Quote from this article....

Throughout the day, Marshawn Lynch looked like he wished he was in his car and Jauron was a pedestrian. Jauron appears most content when he's losing because it makes the other team happy.

Edited by Degenerate Mike in HHDS
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

Throughout the day, Marshawn Lynch looked like he wished he was in his car and Jauron was a pedestrian. Jauron appears most content when he's losing because it makes the other team happy.

...Jesus, those memories and some names are just putrid...NINE false start penalties......sounds like our current rash of illegal formation penalties........Dopey Dickie Jauron......Kivica Mitchell.....Marv rushed to sign him at 12:01AM start to FA and there was not one other damn team in line.....he was a gem.......speaking of UGLY, the '87 strike game, a barn burning OT thriller, 6-3 was another beauty.......

1987 Buffalo Bills – Teamsters, Turmoil and a Trade

by Bill Choinski 

"With the hopes for any shot at the post season on the line, the locked out players became fans and spectators themselves, rooting on the Counterfeit Bills (hmmm...2018 nickname for our offense??) in their upcoming battle against Lawrence Taylor and the New York Giants. In a comical mistake filled game that featured 9 turnovers (7 by the Bills) 258 yards in penalties, and 5 missed field goals, Buffalo managed a 6-3 overtime win. The aptly named Tim Schlopy won the game with a 27 yard FG with 19 seconds left in OT. The Counterfeit Bills notched their only win, pushing the Bills record to 2-3 and keeping them in the race."

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

1968, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984, 1985 google these seasons to see what bad and pain really is!

- 1968 we ran Joel Collier, a defensive master mind out of town after a 48 - 6 loss at the Rock Pile and got Harvey Johnson; it got worse.

- 1971 we ran John Rauch out of town and it got worse.

- 1976/1977 we got Jim Ringo, GB Packer all time great, it got bad, real bad

- 1984/1985 real real bad

1968, 1984, 1985 really bad QB play!

We are not to these levels yet...

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Jesus, those memories and some names are just putrid...NINE false start penalties......sounds like our current rash of illegal formation penalties........Dopey Dickie Jauron......Kivica Mitchell.....Marv rushed to sign him at 12:01AM start to FA and there was not one other damn team in line.....he was a gem.......speaking of UGLY, the '87 strike game, a barn burning OT thriller, 6-3 was another beauty.......

by Bill Choinski 

"With the hopes for any shot at the post season on the line, the locked out players became fans and spectators themselves, rooting on the Counterfeit Bills (hmmm...2018 nickname for our offense??) in their upcoming battle against Lawrence Taylor and the New York Giants. In a comical mistake filled game that featured 9 turnovers (7 by the Bills) 258 yards in penalties, and 5 missed field goals, Buffalo managed a 6-3 overtime win. The aptly named Tim Schlopy won the game with a 27 yard FG with 19 seconds left in OT. The Counterfeit Bills notched their only win, pushing the Bills record to 2-3 and keeping them in the race."

I think Joe Dufek was the winning QB

This actually cheers me up! That's one of the great things about being a lifer Bills fan, we can always hop in the way back, or not-so-way-back machine, and find stats to comfort us that it could always be just a little bit worse than it is right now! I'm still holding on to my 90's Bills memories to stay afloat...

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

I think Joe Dufek was the winning QB

...Manucci had to be for insurance........GEICO Man..............

The Bills brought back former players QB Dan Manucci, Center Will Grant, and WR Reggie Bynum .....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

16 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Game didn't actually go to OT. Parrish muffed a punt inside our own 20 yard line with under 2 minutes left and Cleveland ran the clock down and kicked a FG with seconds remaining. Either way, a sad sad sad game. 

You are correct i will edit the title... thanks

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Manucci had to be for insurance........GEICO Man..............

The Bills brought back former players QB Dan Manucci, Center Will Grant, and WR Reggie Bynum .....

LOL Brian McClure was our stud QB that day....  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198710180buf.htm

9 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

You are correct i will edit the title... thanks

LOL Brian McClure was our stud QB that day....  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198710180buf.htm

...have 'em on speed dial by chance??.......and the "Mad Bomber" is only 73 and may deserve a call......................

57 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

Everyone likes to joke about this game in particular, and of course, it was a real ***** show.

But in truth, it was just one of many similar stink fests we have put on the field over the years.

The fact that it involved the Browns is some type of tragic irony.  2 cities and organizations that are like twins.

Edited by Fadingpain

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

by Bill Choinski 

Ha, my memory is that game was illogically one of the rare games on in the NYC market (family from Buffalo, I grew up in NYC) and I remember watching it in my parents basement on an old Trinitron. Don't recall much about it except that it was ugly.

(edit: realized of course it was on -- giants -- i'm an idiot sometimes)

Edited by thurst44
  • Like (+1) 1