Pegula's can now own both the Sabres & Bills

Reed83HOF

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

With this current QB controversy, Cuban will tell the Pegulas "I'm out", and the team will end up sold to the blonde with the long hair.

She has ins with QVC....Bills could do an IPO on QVC...I like it.  Or they could sell the ability to call an offensive play on QVC.  It might turn out better than what we are seeing.

Couldn't they before now?  My understanding was that NFL owners were forbidden from owning a franchise in a different sport in a different city.  Jeremy Jacobs (owner of the Boston Bruins) for instance was not permitted to be a candidate to purchase the Bills unless he divested of the Bruins.  The rule may have been changed to allow owners to own different teams in different sports AND cities, but I think the Pegulas have always been in the good graces of the league.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Sell the Bills to trump. He will want to do something after he is impeached after the midterm election 

Nathan Peterman is the best quarterback, we have all the best quarterbacks...

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Couldn't they before now?  My understanding was that NFL owners were forbidden from owning a franchise in a different sport in a different city.  Jeremy Jacobs (ownere of the Boston Bruins) for instance was not permitted to be a candidate to purchase the Bills unless he divested of the Bruins.  The rule may have been changed to allow owners to own different teams in different sports AND cities, but I think the Pegulas have always been in the good graces of the league.

Jacobs couldn't because he was an ownere and not an owner

41 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

@BringBackFergy @Jauronimo This is some great news. Just don't know what I'm supposed to do with all of my homemade Hamilton Bills shirts.

37 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

@Reed83HOF does it specify that they can own it AT THE SAME TIME tho?

Well it took 4 long hard years but the question has finally been answered.  El Pegual can now legally own BOTH the Bills AND the SABRES.   I'm just amazed El Pegual was able to slip one by the owners for song while they addressed this unjust bylaw.