For those still complaining about Star..

Roundybout

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So the title is misleading trying to fit a specific agenda. Got it 

Really that is how NFL defenses work. You mean Only in the NFL If an OL gets out to a LBer he is ineffective?

i see Edmunds and Milano taking on Untouched OL every game, but that cant be they would be ineffective right

How does someone with 12k posts have so little understanding of the game?

Fine, you do you.   Believe whatever you want.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

You'd have to be a real nincompoop to not believe that Star is a contributing reason to allowing our defensive players the freedom to disrupt and make plays.

The whole reason why we brought him in wasn't to make sacks or lots of tackles but to help collapse the pocket in pass rushing situations and eat up blockers for our playmakers to do what they do.  And that is exactly what they've done thanks in part to Star.

Not to mention the massive improvement in the run defense.     Team aren't running through massive holes in the center of the defense.

9 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Brought in to eat blockers so the linebackers could do their jobs? What people have said all along?

Can you provide some information that he's doing that?  I haven't looked into the last 2 games but the 4 prior he was not - IMO and I posted a little video evidence.  

He could be getting better the last couple games but I didn't see it with my eye  -  I'd need to look closer. 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Or you could watch him and realize this is exactly what is happening rather than criticizing something that is provable on tape. He's also doing the second part of the reason for signing him well, stuffing up the middle on pass plays so Hughes and Murphy can use their formidable speed rushing skills to get around the corner but not have the QB step up into a huge open pocket and escape that rush like what was happening the last couple years.

I do watch him. I see him on skates alot for a 10M DT. I see zero push for a 10M DT. I see little to none splitting doubles for a 10M DT. And someone on the field for a 3rd of the snaps for a 10M DT

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Correlation. When Star takes 2 blockers up, then the backers can go attack. 

What percentage of snaps is Star playing? What are Milano and Lorenzo able to do because of what he’s doing? Do you have anything that backs it up or are you just making assumptions? Lorenzo and Milano are doing well so it must be because of Star? Correlation does not equal causation. 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Oh. You don't know how football works. That explains that.

Played LBer all my life. That is one position I know. But hey because someone disagrees they obviously dont know what they are talking about. Then again this is a fan base that thinks going through flaming tables is cool 

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Look who's talking about agendas

Correlation. When Star takes 2 blockers up, then the backers can go attack. 

And when Kyle takes on Doubles he splits them. i would expect that from a 10M DT

4 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

How does someone with 12k posts have so little understanding of the game?

Fine, you do you.   Believe whatever you want.

Ahhhh another. 

Where is this POST does it show ANYTHING about Star. Ready go. Show that knowledge 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Played LBer all my life. That is one position I know. But hey because someone disagrees they obviously dont know what they are talking about. Then again this is a fan base that thinks going through flaming tables is cool 

And when Kyle takes on Doubles he splits them. i would expect that from a 10M DT

Varsity and DIII football d/n equal NFL scheme and play.  I have a hard time believing anyone on this board didn't play football.  This means nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Varsity and DIII football d/n equal NFL scheme and play.  I have a hard time believing anyone on this board didn't play football.  This means nothing.  

Are you telling me my 3 years of playing nose tackle in Class D football doesn't make me an expert?   Hogwash.

What's next, you going to tell me my intramural experience is meaningless?

Milano defends a pass in coverage or forces a fumble. Must be because of Star.

Milano goes sideline to sideline to make a stop. Yup, that was because of Star.

Lorenzo sacking the QB on a down in which Star isn’t even on the field. Doesn’t matter, that’s Star doing his job.

Do you see how misleading this can be?

Edited by Bangarang

32 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Looks like he's doing his job PERFECTLY. 

Yes he has, but guess what?  It doesn't mean squat given the mismanagement of the entire offense.  It is a damn shame to waste this defense, especially since we will most likely be losing at least 2 players to retirement next year (Lorax and KW!).   

Im confused How is this about Star?

It shows me that the Bills found a good LB in Milano. He was good last year too, Star wasnt here.

27 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

LB's are way less good when they have offensive linemen in their face.

Our LB's are playing well because our DT's are keeping them clean.    That's how NFL defenses work.

So the LBs are only good when Star is on teh field?

Im lost?

Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, were only good becuase of their D-lineman, thats what we are saying right?

Edited by CountDorkula

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Im confused How is this about Star?

It shows me that the Bills found a good LB in Milano. He was good last year too, Star wasnt here.

So the LBs are only good when Star is on teh field?

Im lost?

Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, were only good becuase of their D-lineman, thats what we are saying right?

Actually, Milano was not good last year. And he was almost beat out in preseason this year. Last year he made a bunch of highlight reel plays sandwiched around a bunch of lousy or mediocre ones. This year he is making even more highlight reel plays sandwiched around a bunch of decent or rather good ones.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Actually, Milano was not good last year. And he was almost beat out in preseason this year. Last year he made a bunch of highlight reel plays sandwiched around a bunch of lousy or mediocre ones. This year he is making even more highlight reel plays sandwiched around a bunch of decent or rather good ones.

....because of Star

Just now, CountDorkula said:

....because of Star

One of the reasons. But he has really picked up his game as far as not making mistakes, not taking himself out of position, reading plays better, not missing tackles, and yes, he doesn't have to fend off blockers as much, because of Star.

• Like (+1) 1