Is Nathan Peterman in the top 100 QBs in the world (deadspin)

Is Nathan Peterman in the top 100 quarterbacks in the world? Let’s agree he’s definitely at best 65th because he’s worse than every starter in the NFL, every other 2nd string QB in the NFL and Colin Kaepernick. Are there 35 other QBs in college, Canada and wherever else that are better than him?

Hell no, he’s not Top 100. Vince Young is a better quarterback right now than that pud. The next time someone ***** at you about Affirmative Action, point them to Nathan Peterman. That guy is a living welfare program. I bet Trump gave him a grant.

Speaking of Peterman, he belongs that cursed set of backup quarterbacks who always manage to start at least one game during any given season, no matter how deep down they’re buried on the depth chart. If you have Nathan Peterman, Brock Osweiler, Matt Cassel, or Ryan Fitzpatrick on your roster, they WILL play for you at some point. It’s unavoidable. You sealed your fate the second you brought them into the building. They are the YOU AGAIN? quarterbacks. Watching Peterman play gives me the sensation of being back in school and somehow getting the exact same class schedule as Gorf Blurgfeld, the school’s foremost glue eater. The Bills could handcuff Nathan Peterman, lock him in a car, drive that car to Alaska, dump that car in the Bering Strait, drive all the way back home, and walk in the door only to find Peterman BACK, fit as a fiddle, and ready to start for Week 7. They’ll never shake him.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Is Nathan Peterman in the top 100 quarterbacks in the world? Let’s agree he’s definitely at best 65th because he’s worse than every starter in the NFL, every other 2nd string QB in the NFL and Colin Kaepernick. Are there 35 other QBs in college, Canada and wherever else that are better than him?

Hell no, he’s not Top 100. Vince Young is a better quarterback right now than that pud. The next time someone ***** at you about Affirmative Action, point them to Nathan Peterman. That guy is a living welfare program. I bet Trump gave him a grant.

Speaking of Peterman, he belongs that cursed set of backup quarterbacks who always manage to start at least one game during any given season, no matter how deep down they’re buried on the depth chart. If you have Nathan Peterman, Brock Osweiler, Matt Cassel, or Ryan Fitzpatrick on your roster, they WILL play for you at some point. It’s unavoidable. You sealed your fate the second you brought them into the building. They are the YOU AGAIN? quarterbacks. Watching Peterman play gives me the sensation of being back in school and somehow getting the exact same class schedule as Gorf Blurgfeld, the school’s foremost glue eater. The Bills could handcuff Nathan Peterman, lock him in a car, drive that car to Alaska, dump that car in the Bering Strait, drive all the way back home, and walk in the door only to find Peterman BACK, fit as a fiddle, and ready to start for Week 7. They’ll never shake him.

Please don't compare those guys to Peterman. They've proven to at least be solid NFL backups. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t believe that he is a top 100 QB. I don’t believe that it is even close. There are guys that washed out of the league already that are well ahead of where he is. Guys like Grayson and Landry Jones look like Peyton Manning next to Nate. It is mind-blowing that he is still employed in the NFL.

I feel bad for him at this point. This mess falls on the FO. They have been bullish on him since he came into the league even when everyone else could see it. They have been blinded. Now, they are in jeopardy of losing the locker room with one more Peterman disaster. Do everyone a favor and release the guy. You could pick up pretty much anybody that is on the street that played QB to take his spot. 

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Before Burrow transferred, Ohio St. had 3 QBs better than Peterman on their team.

Are we sure that Peterman is better than Baldwin?

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Brett Farve would instantly be an upgrade. Walker and all.

I was thinking about that too.  There's no way he's top 100.  It's easy to think of college (harder to dig up things like CFL or Arena league), but guys like Favre / Peyton / Tony Romo / Kurt Warner / Carson Palmer etc that semi-recently retired are easily better than him.

So if we say 65 (every 1st / 2nd team QB + Kaep) are better than him....

At the bare minimum there are 20 QBs currently in college better than him. (about 6-7 QBs go top 4 rounds annually, so 3 classes worth is 20)

If we say ~7 between CFL / Arena league better than him and ~7 recently retired players, that's easily 100 and doesn't even count current practice squad or free agents.

Not that long ago, something was posted here coming up with some type of ranking system for every single QB who had played in the NFL since like the year 2000 or something like that.

As I recall, it was a pretty big number, like in the 300s.  It included every QB who appeared in a game I think.

I think Nate Peterman, at that time (not that long ago) was 3rd from dead last.  He was ranked like 334 out of 337 or something.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about and can we dig up the data?

I just think it would be funny to truly try to quantify just how bad he is.

I'd like to repeat that Nate Peterman would not get a roster spot on any other team in the NFL, yet he remains our backup QB.

That is astonishing.

19 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

So if we say 65 (every 1st / 2nd team QB + Kaep) are better than him....

At the bare minimum there are 20 QBs currently in college better than him. (about 6-7 QBs go top 4 rounds annually, so 3 classes worth is 20)

If we say ~7 between CFL / Arena league better than him and ~7 recently retired players, that's easily 100 and doesn't even count current practice squad or free agents.

I think there would be 16 better QBs in the CFL. 

35 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I was thinking about that too.  There's no way he's top 100.  It's easy to think of college (harder to dig up things like CFL or Arena league), but guys like Favre / Peyton / Tony Romo / Kurt Warner / Carson Palmer etc that semi-recently retired are easily better than him.

This is a funny thread, and it's a bizarre hypothetical, but if we're being honest I would rather Peterman play than Kurt Warner right now. He's 47 and hasn't played pro football in 9 years. He's so out of shape he would get severely injured and then Peterman would have to come in anyways.

38 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I know is Nate Peterman's last play as an NFL qb will be a 10 yard out for a Pick 6....

....and EVER calling that again with PeteredOUT should cost Daboll his OC job......seen enough of that crap...he needs a 55 mph tail wind to complete the damn thing.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

17 minutes ago, fridge said:

This is a funny thread, and it's a bizarre hypothetical, but if we're being honest I would rather Peterman play than Kurt Warner right now. He's 47 and hasn't played pro football in 9 years. He's so out of shape he would get severely injured and then Peterman would have to come in anyways.

Kurt Warner sure.  But Romo and Carson Palmer are easily better than Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1