Going Through WORST Possible Scenario With Allen

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

So, you didn't like the pick?

At least 80% of the board didn't like the pick so that's not a shocker.  Probably even closer to 90%. Of course after the Vikings game 99% of the board said they liked the pick. It probably stands around 50/50 now i guess.

Peterson or Anderson, I highly doubt it matters at this point. Anderson through 2 INTs in each of the last two games he started. And that was two seasons ago. Got to imagine his skill set has only declined considerably since then. Did he at least go through a full training camp this past off-season?

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Where are you getting this crazy standard for QB success?

DA has a career passer rating of 71.  You know how amazing that looks in comparison to what they’ve been putting out there?  

Good point, it's all relative.  Lower the bar and you're on your way to the Super Bowl.  

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And as I said is showing NOTHING to for me to say yeah have our QB. Now if you are going to miss all of 2019 as well you better decide to get a QB again. 

Good thing you weren’t with the colts, you would have cut Manning by the 7 th game ...

1 minute ago, Fred Clause said:

Good thing you weren’t with the colts, you would have cut Manning by the 7 th game ...

Was Manning possibly facing a surgery that would end this season and 2019 season after GAME 7. 

Did Manning also do nothing in a weak NCAA Conference?

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Was Manning possibly facing a surgery that would end this season and 2019 season?

Not the point, and his injury happened on a play where most of the fools on this board complained he wasn’t doing or wasn’t able to do, standing in the pocket, delivering a fantastic strike down field. Injury could have happened to anyone, and was a cheap shot that should have been penalized. Point is, you would have cut Manning as a rookie, no denying that. The position that demands the most patience for developing and you don’t understand that...

Just now, Fred Clause said:

Not the point, and his injury happened on a play where most of the fools on this board complained he wasn’t doing or wasn’t able to do, standing in the pocket, delivering a fantastic strike down field. Injury could have happened to anyone, and was a cheap shot that should have been penalized. Point is, you would have cut Manning as a rookie, no denying that. The position that demands the most patience for developing and you don’t understand that...

100% the point. If you read my original comment of If Allen needs Tommy John surgery And is out for this year and Next. Bills should ABSOLUTELY draft a QB early. 

A major Raw QB now put 1.5 years behind in development, wheb he was going to need at least a year to develop anyway isnt what you hang your hat on. Specially when he wasnt that good in a weak NCAA Conference to begin with. 

There is NOTHING at that point to hang your hat on that you have a QB

53 minutes ago, Fred Clause said:

Manning was making throws all over the place his rookie season, amazing throws. He had a bunch of ints but you could see he was something special. I have seen nothing from Allen so far other than 2 quarters of 1 game. If I had to make a wager, I would say that he is not even on the team at the end of his rookie contract.

3 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that anyone "wants a new team," we're all Bills fans.  But at some point you have to ask yourself how much time you want to devote to merely financially supporting a team without much coming back to you.  Don't you think.  

No one likes a loser, particularly fans of a loser.  But if you have people in charge at the top two or there levels that are clueless as to turn it into a winner, then your choices are to support a loser or simply start paying less attention.  

You said that their primary concern is profit?  Is that your concern too?  ... namely their (the Pegulas) profit?  ... or do you have other concerns, like winning and at minimum some level of basic competence on the field?  

If your concern is not their concern, are you contributing to their concern?  If so, then can't we say that you're part of the problem?  I mean hell, if they have everything that they want after bilking us fans, why should they alter their means of approach?  Seriously, why should they if their goals have been met?  

Of course all the "tough guy" fans & posters here will tell anyone thinking like that that they're not a real fan, to which my reply is that a real fan expects and demands competence and isn't satisfied with anything less.  

I mean if being a fan is merely contributing to the profits of the owners, then no, I'm not a fan I guess since I don't give a crap about the Peguals financial situation in that regard, I care about competent play on the field and a reason to be proud of at least something in our region socially speaking.  

If being a fan means expecting, yea demanding competence, and being completely dissatisfied with incompetence, then I'm a fan.  So I suppose it depends upon perspective.  

As I tell people, although I don't go to games anywhere close to regularly, I'd rather go tailgate and watch the game from the lot than contribute to the owners' goals while getting nothing that I want in exchange.  But hey, as long as there are enough people that equate fandom to simply being financial cattle to be harvested, then there's not much reason for positive changes, is there?  

Facts. You cant keep it that real here tho. 

latest?cb=20100317031031

This board is for name calling, petty arguments, hot takes & ***** posts, dont you know anything :lol::lol:

move along now!

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

At least 80% of the board didn't like the pick so that's not a shocker.  Probably even closer to 90%. Of course after the Vikings game 99% of the board said they liked the pick. It probably stands around 50/50 now i guess.

Peterson or Anderson, I highly doubt it matters at this point. Anderson through 2 INTs in each of the last two games he started. And that was two seasons ago. Got to imagine his skill set has only declined considerably since then. Did he at least go through a full training camp this past off-season?

Yes, I know a lot of fans here did not like the pick.

Although I think more and more fans have accepted Josh Allen and think he has good potential.

Personally, I liked the pick.

17 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Manning was making throws all over the place his rookie season, amazing throws. He had a bunch of ints but you could see he was something special. I have seen nothing from Allen so far other than 2 quarters of 1 game. If I had to make a wager, I would say that he is not even on the team at the end of his rookie contract.

Dumbest post of the year, good job ? 

20 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

I can agree to disagree on the basis that we have different standards.  

Here's Andersen's career stats;  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeDe00.htm

He had one season of success as you state it, but against an incredibly soft schedule, one of the easiest in the league that season.  In his only four games against good teams he played poorly that season.  

He had absolutely no success of which to speak of, by any standard, otherwise. 

Once again McBeane have dropped the ball and caused a turnover.  

He played well in 2014 in backup duty, and it wasn't that long ago. So there is that! https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeDe00/gamelog/2014/

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Maybe this becomes a good thing for him. Most of us have been saying he needs to take some time learning how to be a pro behind a veteran QB. This may be his opportunity, and he will hopefully be better prepared the next time he takes the field.

I was thinking the same.

There are advantages to learning from the bench.  There are advantages to learning with live game-time reps.  Allen gets both.  

It looked like Allen might have been overwhelmed on the field.  So we've hit the pause button and he gets time to reflect and learn from a vet.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that anyone "wants a new team," we're all Bills fans.  But at some point you have to ask yourself how much time you want to devote to merely financially supporting a team without much coming back to you.  Don't you think.  

No one likes a loser, particularly fans of a loser.  But if you have people in charge at the top two or there levels that are clueless as to turn it into a winner, then your choices are to support a loser or simply start paying less attention.  

You said that their primary concern is profit?  Is that your concern too?  ... namely their (the Pegulas) profit?  ... or do you have other concerns, like winning and at minimum some level of basic competence on the field?  

If your concern is not their concern, are you contributing to their concern?  If so, then can't we say that you're part of the problem?  I mean hell, if they have everything that they want after bilking us fans, why should they alter their means of approach?  Seriously, why should they if their goals have been met?  

Of course all the "tough guy" fans & posters here will tell anyone thinking like that that they're not a real fan, to which my reply is that a real fan expects and demands competence and isn't satisfied with anything less.  

I mean if being a fan is merely contributing to the profits of the owners, then no, I'm not a fan I guess since I don't give a crap about the Peguals financial situation in that regard, I care about competent play on the field and a reason to be proud of at least something in our region socially speaking.  

If being a fan means expecting, yea demanding competence, and being completely dissatisfied with incompetence, then I'm a fan.  So I suppose it depends upon perspective.  

As I tell people, although I don't go to games anywhere close to regularly, I'd rather go tailgate and watch the game from the lot than contribute to the owners' goals while getting nothing that I want in exchange.  But hey, as long as there are enough people that equate fandom to simply being financial cattle to be harvested, then there's not much reason for positive changes, is there?  

Good info you provide here and I agree with most of it. Good questions.

I hear this often that many fans would like to just tailgate and stay in lot to watch game on TV.

I don't get that. Tickets for Bills are not expensive and you can get real good deals. You do not need to drink all game long and eat all game long as you can fill up at the tailgate. I would do both and just be frugal inside stadium and use that as my protest of a poor product I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I was thinking the same.

There are advantages to learning from the bench.  There are advantages to learning with live game-time reps.  Allen gets both.  

It looked like Allen might have been overwhelmed on the field.  So we've hit the pause button and he gets time to reflect and learn from a vet.  

You think a few games on the bench are going to make him a decent NFL starting QB?

I don't.   I think being thrown in the deep end of the pool without a lifejacket will make him either learn to swim or drown.   Either way Bills know which direction to go after this year.   But, only if he has enough playing time.