Going Through WORST Possible Scenario With Allen

Just now, FearLess Price said:

They wont. You know and I know it. McDerm has shown to be a stubborn coach.

He was stubborn with NP and it cost us the texans game. stick any QB in there to back up allen and we walk away from houston with a win.

Then it should also cost him his job. 

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He doesn't need surgery according to the reports.  So your rant is now moot, as if blaming them for a guy hitting right on the elbow with his helmet wasn't cause enough for this to be moot.

No offense, but this hasn't been reported anywhere. We simply don't know yet. We hear that he has a sprain, but a sprain comes in different grades. Some require surgery.

First off, they aren't going to take another QB high this draft, it's just not going to happen unless Allen is down for his career or there's reason to believe it might be the case.

That being said, I think it's far from worst case scenario.  Allen saw plenty of live bullets and has real takeaways to work on.  Now they can put Peterman in to play tank commander and finally force McD to get rid of him, meanwhile Allen avoids more abuse / hits to his confidence.  

Worse case scenario would have been the defense willing them with just enough help from Allen to something like 7-4 and real playoff talk, then Allen getting hurt and Peterman throwing up all over himself, tanking the rest of the season but not getting a good draft pick.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

After the Rex debacle, do you really see McDerm only getting 2 years? Pegulas are on a private plane doing coke with strippers. The last thing they are worried about is their billion dollar orchard park investment.

No he wont. Pegulas love him. 

But none of that means she SHOULDNT be fired 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

No offense, but this hasn't been reported anywhere. We simply don't know yet. We hear that he has a sprain, but a sprain comes in different grades. Some require surgery.

It has been reported the belief is he wont need surgery

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No he wont. Pegulas love him. 

But none of that means she SHOULDNT be fired 

It has been reported the belief is he wont need surgery

See my other posts. Who is saying this? The team? The agent? Some PR guy? Does the team have Andrews' diagnosis yet? 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

See my other posts. Who is saying this? The team? The agent? Some PR guy? Does the team have Andrews' diagnosis yet? 

The team. The MRI said not serious. The Team believes it will not need surgery and the Hope is Andrews confirms this. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, COTC said:

It’s unfortunate, however typical.

If you don’t like irresponsible leadership mixed with bad luck then I suggest finding a different team. 

This franchise just spins its wheels with excuses. 

Its primary concern is profit. Winning is not a priority. 

Unfortunately, I don't think that anyone "wants a new team," we're all Bills fans.  But at some point you have to ask yourself how much time you want to devote to merely financially supporting a team without much coming back to you.  Don't you think.  

No one likes a loser, particularly fans of a loser.  But if you have people in charge at the top two or there levels that are clueless as to turn it into a winner, then your choices are to support a loser or simply start paying less attention.  

You said that their primary concern is profit?  Is that your concern too?  ... namely their (the Pegulas) profit?  ... or do you have other concerns, like winning and at minimum some level of basic competence on the field?  

If your concern is not their concern, are you contributing to their concern?  If so, then can't we say that you're part of the problem?  I mean hell, if they have everything that they want after bilking us fans, why should they alter their means of approach?  Seriously, why should they if their goals have been met?  

Of course all the "tough guy" fans & posters here will tell anyone thinking like that that they're not a real fan, to which my reply is that a real fan expects and demands competence and isn't satisfied with anything less.  

I mean if being a fan is merely contributing to the profits of the owners, then no, I'm not a fan I guess since I don't give a crap about the Peguals financial situation in that regard, I care about competent play on the field and a reason to be proud of at least something in our region socially speaking.  

If being a fan means expecting, yea demanding competence, and being completely dissatisfied with incompetence, then I'm a fan.  So I suppose it depends upon perspective.  

As I tell people, although I don't go to games anywhere close to regularly, I'd rather go tailgate and watch the game from the lot than contribute to the owners' goals while getting nothing that I want in exchange.  But hey, as long as there are enough people that equate fandom to simply being financial cattle to be harvested, then there's not much reason for positive changes, is there?  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

The team. The MRI said not serious. The Team believes it will not need surgery and the Hope is Andrews confirms this. 

Props to Bandit, who found this. This is promising: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1058274610002466

Methods

The NFL Injury Surveillance System (NFLISS) was reviewed for any UCL injuries of the elbow in quarterbacks from 1994 to 2008, including the type and mechanism of injury, player demographics, method of treatment, and time to return to play.

Results

A total of 10 cases of UCL injuries in quarterbacks were identified starting in 1994. Nine cases were treated nonoperatively and the mean return to play was 26.4 days.

Conclusion

UCL injuries of the elbow are uncommon injuries in professional quarterbacks. This group of overhead athletes can be successfully treated nonoperatively, in contrast to baseball players, who more commonly need surgical reconstruction to return to competitive play. The difference between the 2 groups of overhead athletes is most likely secondary to biomechanics and demand.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I truly hope they play Peterman the rest of the year so they can at LEAST find out once and for all what is going on with this guy. I know I am one of the few that still wants to see this thing through and the season is meaningless without Allen in there now.

You just want to see how bad a record he can set like watching a car crash.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

You just want to see how bad a record he can set like watching a car crash.

For me, it's the fact that throwing Anderson out there is just about the most useless, spinning the wheels type of decision you can make. It is the only decision that will make me stop watching.

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And as I said is showing NOTHING to for me to say yeah have our QB. Now if you are going to miss all of 2019 as well you better decide to get a QB again. 

exaggerate much? 

Miss all of 2019?

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

For me, it's the fact that throwing Anderson out there is just about the most useless, spinning the wheels type of decision you can make. It is the only decision that will make me stop watching.

If Allen isn't out too long it could be good for him to see someone with experience go through game prep.

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

First off, they aren't going to take another QB high this draft, it's just not going to happen unless Allen is down for his career or there's reason to believe it might be the case.

That's another good point alongside the person that said that is isn't very "process."  

So the question then becomes one of whether it would have been better/wiser to build the key parts of the team, like the OL and at least one WR, with 6 picks on days 1 & 2 and grab a QB in next year's draft, or whether it was wiser to turn the first five of those into merely two players, one having been the riskiest QB in the Draft not to mention the most costly in terms of draft picks. 

I think that the answer is clear at this point.  The only questioning seems to be why those making this decision didn't seem to think so.  Either way, they've dug themselves an enormous hole to work out of that IMO is impossible.  

But hey, they got "their guy."  That's all that matters, right?  Or is it?  

• Like (+1) 1