The ownership has no respect for us

Rebel101

7 hours ago, sleeby said:

The whining never stops.  

This song is dedicated to the OP and all the other feckless whiners out there:

Sugar daddy, come on and sugar me 
I want your lovin' so come on and give it to me 
Sugar daddy, sugar daddy oh 
Look at me I'm begging for more more more....
Sugar daddy set me free. 
Sugar daddy come for me. 

-CJ Bolland

A relevant CJ Bolland reference on a Bills message board?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know how much the Pegulas hate Buffalo?  They bought both teams just to keep them here.  The monsters!

Pegula fracks his wells with the tears of Bills and Sabres fans!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I understand we are in a rebuild and we had 50 something million in dead money and they want to build a roster how they want but they’ve also cut players to that shouldn’t have that just flat out made us less competitive and it’s impossible that McBeane is this incompetent they have blatantly made us much worse with no intentions of competing this year which means they don’t care about putting out a finished product and know us loyal Buffalo Bills fans will still make them money. I understand it’s nod to the future but they should also have an obligation to us to try and win as many games as possible 

Dude get real. They cut/traded players with bloated contracts or players who they felt were part of the problem or didn't fit the schemes they wanted to run. Did some of those players have talent? Yes. So what? What did we win with them being here? Nothing. 

We truly won't know what the result will be probably for 2 years. For now just hope the defense doesn't win us too many games to push us to a lower pick in the draft.

10 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I understand we are in a rebuild and we had 50 something million in dead money and they want to build a roster how they want but they’ve also cut players to that shouldn’t have that just flat out made us less competitive and it’s impossible that McBeane is this incompetent they have blatantly made us much worse with no intentions of competing this year which means they don’t care about putting out a finished product and know us loyal Buffalo Bills fans will still make them money. I understand it’s nod to the future but they should also have an obligation to us to try and win as many games as possible 

I don't think you do understand, at least not deep down in your heart. You said it, we are in a rebuild.

Teams in a rebuild virtually always suck for a couple of years. Expecting a decent team this year was a mistake. They had a sliver of a chance, if McCarron had been good or Allen had developed way way more quickly than expected. But when McCarron was bad, this team was going to be bad, and that's what you have to expect in a rebuild. 

Rebuilds are all about sacrificing the short-term good for the long-term good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Part of "The Process" is eliminating any players that don't fit the McDermott scheme.

I personally don't care for coaching staffs that have this philosophy, I think the best ones (NE*, for instance) tend to fit their schemes to their player's skills.  It really restricts the pool of available players that they can sign.  It is one of McD's weaknesses, for sure.

I think it’s much deeper than just scheme fits when it comes to McDermott’s all-important “ process”. Most NFL defensive Coaches have a preferred scheme whether it’s 3-4 , 4-3, zone vs man etc. Few are truly multiple such as Wade Phillips. New England always finds very specific scheme fit players for their offense, usually small shifty WRs that aren’t “ stars” on other teams. There are plenty of players and no team is built around free agents. The real limiting factor in the process is tossing out talented players that haven’t shown a particular personality or makeup. A locker room has all kinds of personalities and egos, and a Coach needs to be better than that. Coach them up, get more out of them and convince them to buy into what you’re selling. You only get so much time when you take over a floundering team or a franchise spinning its wheels. Tossing out good players for lesser ones expecting to hit on all draft picks is a recipe for failure. Maybe McDermott makes it work but I have strong doubts he gets enough time. The process requirement of heaving existing talent overboard makes it a loser. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

14 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Is that going to be the war cry in Buffalo sports forever?

https://i.imgflip.com/1d7yps.jpgWe really have no business with major league sports teams but we do thanks to Terry Pegula, so just shut up, be thankful, and who cares how bad they are!  

Do you set goals this low in your personal life too?

Enjoy your whamlet

falling-down-hamburger-scene.jpg

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
lol

18 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Bridgewater is 20/20 hindsight at this point.  Quite a different matter to take a shot at a moving target.  Honestly, given that the monster that is NE along with Baltimore, KC, Jags being likely to go far this year at this point I would not have expected the Bills to make 10-6 with a 15-20 ranked offense and likewise defense with different FA moves having occurred.  All the problems the Bills had were not going to be fixed this past offseason and hate the selections if you will Beane's 2018 draft is looking fairly good currently.

How good was McCarron?  If the other 31 teams were a jury then I would say that the verdict was he was not of very high quality given how long he was out there.  And I am a guy who had hopes that McCarron would find his on switch but evidenced by the Cleveland preseason game that did not happen.

We traded for him...

Then traded him away....

There was no jury.....

It’s not that they don’t care, or don’t respect the fans.  They’re trying to deliver a good product - anyone can see that.

They just have no idea what they’re doing. They’re TERRIBLE sports owners from a service delivery standpoint.  They hire poorly.  They don’t know what to look for in their hires other than, for whatever reason, they have a bias against experienced GMs.  They’ve hired/retained four first-time GMs (Murray, Botterill, Whaley, Beane) and the results have been atrocious - yet they keep at it.  The closest they’ve come to bringing in an experienced outsider was LaFontaine and that ended quickly in disaster when he butted heads with the Pegula Sports “Deep Staters.”  It needs to happen ASAP with the Bills - the thought of Brandon Beane and his crank team of personnel evaluators pissing away $80M in cap room next offseason makes me physically ill... it will set the franchise back another five years easy... those decisions need to be vetted by an Acorsi or Wolf type.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It’s not that they don’t care, or don’t respect the fans.  They’re trying to deliver a good product - anyone can see that.

They just have no idea what they’re doing. They’re TERRIBLE sports owners from a service delivery standpoint.  They hire poorly.  They don’t know what to look for in their hires other than, for whatever reason, they have a bias against experienced GMs.  They’ve hired/retained four first-time GMs (Murray, Botterill, Whaley, Beane) and the results have been atrocious - yet they keep at it.  The closest they’ve come to bringing in an experienced outsider was LaFontaine and that ended quickly in disaster when he butted heads with the Pegula Sports “Deep Staters.”  It needs to happen ASAP with the Bills - the thought of Brandon Beane and his crank team of personnel evaluators pissing away $80M in cap room next offseason makes me physically ill... it will set the franchise back another five years easy... those decisions need to be vetted by an Acorsi or Wolf type.

They are deeply "reactive" owners.  Every hire appears to be the exact opposite of the person they are replacing.  This limits the pool of hirable candidates.   

Most of the players we cut were gone last year, and we were still competitive enough to go 9-7 and make the playoffs.

The reason we are struggling is because we are starting a rookie QB, and he is terrible right now.  End of story.

An argument could be made that we would possibly be 3-3 if we still had Tyrod Taylor on the roster.  But the team that actually has Taylor has already moved on as well.  And at some point, we would still need to put Josh Allen into the lineup and let him struggle.

If you want to argue that our staff is bungling Allen's long-term development, that's certainly something up for debate.  But if you are complaining about our record in 2018, then you never had realistic expectations going into the season.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Experienced GMs have one thing in common.  They're not GMs anymore. Because they got fired.

14 hours ago, Augie said:

You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you? The last post I saw from you was, I believe, in all caps. Now you write a novel with one period. 

They have no obligation to us. We vote with our feet. Stay or walk out. I’m in, and I like the current FO. I love the idea of looking at the big picture and the long term. 

Lol, doing what on purpose? And no I think they are making decent moves for the long term. As long as Josh Allen succeeds. But I truly believe they had no intentions of trying to compete this year. And I’ve never posted in all caps. I don’t believe I have anyway 

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Did you get fired from your job today? 

Good lord it’s an internet message board lighten up.

Lol that was light. I’m from Jersey that’s how we joke with people. So maybe you should broaden your sense of humor. lol actually I am off today and it is beautiful outside. It is truly a beautiful day. How is yours going?