McDermott/Daboll got out coached

Buffalo Boy

A coach is supposed to put his players and team in the best position to succeed. This requires the coach to understand his players strengths and weaknesses, as well as, the opponent’s strengths and weaknesses. The coach must also situational play calling and how it relates to the strengths and weaknesses of both teams, in the moment.

When you have have a QB who is notoriously and historically bad at throwing out routes you don’t put him in a position where it is even an option.

I know I’m not the only one who immediately thought that we were probably screwed with no time outs and a two minute drill with Peterman. 

McD should have been on the phone to Daboll and told him to only work the middle of the field. It was there for the taking and a minute forty was plenty of time if you’ve coached your team to run up immediately as well as have the next play called.

Peterman shows he can throw over the top and slants a thousand times better than to the sideline on an out or dig.

I knew it, the Texans knew it. Their D was called specially for the pick six to occur....... and they let Peterman go out and do what he does best.

This was so obvious to me in the moments before the first pick. It says to me neither Bills coach was even aware of such fundamental football while the Texans coaches were immediately all over it.

McD has the D playing lights out. He needs to find a competent OC if he wishes to keep this job and get things turned around. An OC he can depend on to run the other half of the team.

• Like (+1) 2