This picture is epic

Buffalo03

What's funny about this front office/coaching staff is that they need more time to evaluate Nate and come to the conclusion everyone else (probably even his family too) have come to which is that he is not an NFL QB, but they can determine in just a few weeks that a player they just gave up a pick for (Coleman) is worth taking dead cap space to have off the team in only a couple of weeks during the preseason.

The current QB situation is just another in a long line of questionable personel mistakes made by this group. How they did not have a veteran to mentor Allen here from the start, or bring in someone after week 1 to prepare and have ready just in case this happened is a fireable offence in most places.....

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

You’re calling the fans who endured a 17 year playoff drought and have been waiting 2 decades for a good QB impatient? Interesting.

The inferred impatience is with the new coach & gm.  To expect them to turn the direction of the long mismanaged team in a year and a half is the definition of that. Further, to think they were able to get the team in the playoffs in their first year, while trying to position it for a roster for the long run,  was significant in itself.  Geez, give these guys at least 3 years with their finger prints all over it, they weren't responsible for the 17 lost years.

Just now, jabu said:

The inferred impatience is with the new coach & gm.  To expect them to turn the direction of the long mismanaged team in a year and a half is the definition of that. Further, to think they were able to get the team in the playoffs in their first year, while trying to position it for a roster for the long run,  was significant in itself.  Geez, give these guys at least 3 years with their finger prints all over it, they weren't responsible for the 17 lost years.

I’m not, and I don’t think anyone else is, bling them for the last 17 years.

What I will say is that there some very clear poor decisions and roster management moves that don’t instill the greatest amount of confidence. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

still waiting since Jim Kelly was finished....

that is patience beyond endurance for almost every other pro and amateur franchise

I'll be generous and start the clock from Flutie Flakes on, old and washed up as he was, he still provided a very entertaining and solid stretch while he was here. 

53 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

You know that the "process" is not going to end with a competitive football team. That dream ended when they decided Nate Peterman was the starter. All it ends with is another coaching search and a mishandled 2019 draft class.

Hot take! Who did they draft in 2019? 

7 minutes ago, jabu said:

Sorry, but this front office/coaching staff doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt and more time.

They made their choices by dealing away players on this roster with talent to collect draft picks. They put themselves in a huge cap crunch this year by taking dead cap hits by dealing away players and bringing guys in only to drop them and accumulate more. They decided to neglect the offence and QB position this offseason and continue to do so. They chose to draft the biggest QB risk in this draft and go with the player who wasnt ready to play for a while because IF he can develop, he could have a higher ceiling then the rest of the QBs drafted. They also decided on taking the QB who needed the most work and polish to be an NFL QB and have him a WR coach as his QB coach, a QB room where the 3 QBs in training camp had I believe under 1 years worth of starts in the NFL combined, and an OC who has not been very successful in his previous NFL stints.

They decided to continue the tear down this offseason instead of building on what they had here last year

18 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What's funny about this front office/coaching staff is that they need more time to evaluate Nate and come to the conclusion everyone else (probably even his family too) have come to which is that he is not an NFL QB, but they can determine in just a few weeks that a player they just gave up a pick for (Coleman) is worth taking dead cap space to have off the team in only a couple of weeks during the preseason.

The current QB situation is just another in a long line of questionable personel mistakes made by this group. How they did not have a veteran to mentor Allen here from the start, or bring in someone after week 1 to prepare and have ready just in case this happened is a fireable offence in most places.....

I said the same thing five weeks ago and got called impatient amongst many other things.  The hope of Allen saving the season is now over,  so now many are slowly questioning the "process".  While I never asked for McD or Beane to be fired.  I clearly question their decisions of not bring in a veteran Qb, or keeping McCarron, not to mention the lack of quality WR and Oline.

I told everyone that this would not work out  well after week 1.  

Btw:  What is the process? Does anyone know?  

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not, and I don’t think anyone else is, bling them for the last 17 years.

What I will say is that there some very clear poor decisions and roster management moves that don’t instill the greatest amount of confidence. 

If you put a microscope on any particular decisions made in any organization you will find disagreement. Some prove out in the long run, some don't. What about the poor decisions Belichek has made through the years (signing Gillislee to big money, among many others) has it hamstrung that team? Though I don't agree with all of them, I see this organization making better decisions than any management here in the last 20 years.

5 minutes ago, jabu said:

If you put a microscope on any particular decisions made in any organization you will find disagreement. Some prove out in the long run, some don't. What about the poor decisions Belichek has made through the years (signing Gillislee to big money, among many others) has it hamstrung that team? Though I don't agree with all of them, I see this organization making better decisions than any management here in the last 20 years.

You don’t even need a microscope for some of the moves made this regime. Those moves are blatantly bad.

In regards to Belichick, his track record of success has earned him the benefit of doubt. He can miss on moves and still have one of the best teams in the league making deep runs in the playoffs. It’s easy to overlook bad decisions when you’re playing in the Super Bow still.

Also, Gillislee wasn’t given money. He got a 2 year deal worth $6mil.

And what decisions is this regime making that are better than previous regimes in the last 20 years? Clearly they’ve made some good decisions but I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s anything previous regimes haven’t done.

Edited by Bangarang

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

still waiting since Jim Kelly was finished....

that is patience beyond endurance for almost every other pro and amateur franchise

What has that got to do with the Pegulas...They have hardly owned this team for less than four years.

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hey Vorp, when you're 60 like me and the Bill's still haven't won anything harken back to your battlecry.....patience.

Let me know how that works out

As a going on 60 year old fan myself, I understand. 

But if not patience, what then? Other than no longer supporting the team in ANY way, shape, or form, what alternatives to fans have other than patience? Ranting, raving, storming the bastile with our pitchforks? Seriously, what other choice to fans have other than patience if they aren’t willing to stop supporting the team?

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

I have the Kelly years and what is referred to as the "glory years," 1965 and 1966. Try to understand you cannot recover from 16 years of mismanagement in the NFL overnight!

Not to be picky, but the glory years actually started in 64, with that year and 65 ending in championships. 66 was a heartbreaker as the Bills just missed out on making Super Bowl I. I know 64 well because we moved from Buffalo in the summer of 64 and since the Bills won in 64 I thought maybe we were the problem (my dad and I went to the Bills-Patriots playoff game in a very cold War Memorial in Dec. 63 and had to witness that loss personally). Anyhow, those were the glory years of Buffalo football in the sense they ended the season with a win and a championship.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope. But thanks for asking 

Try soccer!

27 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Not to be picky, but the glory years actually started in 64, with that year and 65 ending in championships. 66 was a heartbreaker as the Bills just missed out on making Super Bowl I. I know 64 well because we moved from Buffalo in the summer of 64 and since the Bills won in 64 I thought maybe we were the problem (my dad and I went to the Bills-Patriots playoff game in a very cold War Memorial in Dec. 63 and had to witness that loss personally). Anyhow, those were the glory years of Buffalo football in the sense they ended the season with a win and a championship.

You are absolutely correct; I attended the 66 game when the Chiefs clobbered the Bills, great catch, I stand corrected.  Great hearing from an AFL fan!

48 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hey Vorp, when you're 60 like me and the Bill's still haven't won anything harken back to your battlecry.....patience.

Let me know how that works out

I'm 62 and know where you are coming from, but you cannot make the years 2000 - 2016, the bad drafts and coaching, the losing culture disappear and build a winner over night! 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're on an internet message board preaching positivity and patience to a Buffalo Bills fanbase that has dealt with decades of futility. And you're doing it following the THIRD helping of Nate Petetman's unprecedented garbage. When every man, woman, child, or otherwise in the football world said he should have gone after the first or second dumpster fire.

And now it's possible that against all  odds, Peterman may have another go. And you don't think people have a right to be upset? I'd say if anyone's misguided here - it's you.

Go get mad, call WGR, kick your dog, throw snowballs at cars, go to the game and boo and hold signs, whatever gets it done for you. Me, I'm sitting on my porch drinking a beer and laughing about it all!  Have a good one!

11 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Try soccer!

You are absolutely correct; I attended the 66 game when the Chiefs clobbered the Bills, great catch, I stand corrected.  Great hearing from an AFL fan!

I'm 62 and know where you are coming from, but you cannot make the years 2000 - 2016, the bad drafts and coaching, the losing culture disappear and build a winner over night! 

Go get mad, call WGR, kick your dog, throw snowballs at cars, go to the game and boo and hold signs, whatever gets it done for you. Me, I'm sitting on my porch drinking a beer and laughing about it all!  Have a good one!

I do watch Soccer. More entertaining than Bills on Offense. Score more too. 

And nah I will continue to watch the Bills and Cheer and Complain when warrented. Just keep bitching about fans though 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I do watch Soccer. More entertaining than Bills on Offense. Score more too. 

And nah I will continue to watch the Bills and Cheer and Complain when warrented. Just keep bitching about fans though 

I'm sure you will continue to feed my fan hate, appreciate the assistance!