This picture is epic

Buffalo03

Just now, row_33 said:

i can go another 25 years standing on my head waiting...

I have the Kelly Years to revisit when I want to.

I have the Kelly years and what is referred to as the "glory years," 1965 and 1966. Try to understand you cannot recover from 16 years of mismanagement in the NFL overnight!

46 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Maybe we just have an ignorant, impatient fan base; maybe that is the problem! 

Impatience has nothing to do with the Peterman situation. We all (at least, should have) signed up for a tough rebuilding year while we get our Rookie QB experience. But we did NOT sign up for Parts 2, 3, and possibly (MADDENINGLY) 4 of the Nate Peterman tragedy. 

And when a simpleton can see mistakes consistetly happen that could be avoided - the coach deserves what you're seeing. Plain and simple.

I'm so tired of seeing fans calling other fans less than because they don't shovel sh-t in their mouth with a smile. Things were expected to be bad. But he's made them worse than they need to be.

Fans have more than the right to gripe about failures. Especially when it comes to Peterman.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I get what you’re saying, but the Pegulas and current football administration had nothing to do with the vast majority of those two decades. We as fans can make the link, but that’s where it ends. It’s only been four plus years under the Pegulas, one of which ended in the playoffs. 

You mean which ended in a playoff loss if first round with yet another inept offense 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I get what you’re saying, but the Pegulas and current football administration had nothing to do with the vast majority of those two decades. We as fans can make the link, but that’s where it ends. It’s only been four plus years under the Pegulas, one of which ended in the playoffs. 

What do the Pegulas have to do with our level of patience as a fan base?

Point being is that fans have endured years and years of struggle. We are tired of always being told the same thing over and over and witnessing the same putrid to mediocre results. 

Saying Bills fans are impatient because they are frustrated and want to see positive results is silly. We got a taste of what it felt like to be relevant last year so it’s reasonable to be annoyed when it looks like we are taking two big steps back the next year.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

half the NFL every year has at worst a good franchise QB.

The issue is how people define "good". There are alot of "good/competent" QBs in the league, but those guys arent "good enough" for most who expect great/elite play from their QB. They expect Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Peyton. Those guys are hard to find/obtain. They usually consider guys that are "good/good enough" not good enough because they want the elite. Eli/Dalton/Flacco/Ryan/Cousins/Smith/Stafford/Newton are all in the Good category that many here have said at some point they wouldn't want because they arent in the elite category.

That's leaving out guys from the draft in the last 3-4 years because no one really sure what they have in those guys yet. Usually those guys have people furious the Bill's didnt get them because of a few great games before they come crashing down to earth and maybe end up in the good/ok category.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

You mean which ended in a playoff loss if first round with yet another inept offense 

No, that’s not even remotely what I mean. I was referring to the nearly two decades of playoff futility that alluded to by the poster I was responding to. 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Point being is that fans have endured years and years of struggle. We are tired of always being told the same thing over and over and witnessing the same putrid to mediocre results. 

Saying Bills fans are impatient because they are frustrated and want to see positive results is silly. We got a taste of what it felt like to be relevant last year so it’s reasonable to be annoyed when it looks like we are taking two big steps back the next year.

Many fans lump the Pegulas and current administration in with the nearly two decades of futility you mentioned. I was just offering clarification for those fans. I’m not arguing your larger point.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

No, that’s not even remotely what I mean. I was referring to the nearly two decades of playoff futility that alluded to by the poster I was responding to. 

And that ended last year? Because we backed in on a miracle play from another team. It was about time law of math worked out

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You’re calling the fans who endured a 17 year playoff drought and have been waiting 2 decades for a good QB impatient? Interesting.

Not sure but I think he is talking about the fans that watched the Bills make the playoffs last year and are now calling for the firing of their coach 6 games into the season

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Impatience has nothing to do with the Peterman situation. We all (at least, should have) signed up for a tough rebuilding year while we get our Rookie QB experience. But we did NOT sign up for Parts 2, 3, and possibly (MADDENINGLY) 4 of the Nate Peterman tragedy. 

And when a simpleton can see mistakes consistetly happen that could be avoided - the coach deserves what you're seeing. Plain and simple.

I'm so tired of seeing fans calling other fans less than because they don't shovel sh-t in their mouth with a smile. Things were expected to be bad. But he's made them worse than they need to be.

Fans have more than the right to gripe about failures. Especially when it comes to Peterman.

You are a very misguided person; try to understand football is entertainment!

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And that ended last year? Because we backed in on a miracle play from another team. It was about time law of math worked out

You’re arguing with yourself on a point you needed to stretch in order to do so. Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Many fans lump the Pegulas and current administration in with the nearly two decades of futility you mentioned. I was just offering clarification for those fans. I’m not arguing your larger point.

The Pegulas are certainly part of the 2 decades of futility. 

I wish Peterman was cut, BUT the OC needs to give the poor guy plays he can succeed in.  As soon as he looked left, I knew it was a pick.  Use the middle of the field and select plays he can make with his abilities.  Look at CJ Beathard's game against the Packers.  Use that as a guide.  Beathard has similar traits as Peterman.....from the draft analysis:

CJ Beathard:

Bio: 
Two-year starter who earned Second Team All-Big Ten honors as a junior, throwing for 2,809 yards and 17 touchdowns with five interceptions. Threw for 1,929 yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior with 10 interceptions.

Pos: 
Intelligent game manager with minimal upside for the next level. Patient in the pocket, effectively sells ball fakes and does a terrific job setting up screen throws. Displays a sense of timing on passes, relatively accurate and does not make receivers work for the reception. Shows vision and overall awareness. Buys time for receivers, does not make poor decisions and is relatively accurate throwing on the move. Puts touch on throws when necessary and throws a catchable pass. Remains poised under the rush and does not get rattled. Takes the safe underneath outlet if nothing else is available.

Neg: 
Lacks size and struggles withstanding the rush. Does not possess the bigtime arm, cannot drive passes downfield or put speed on the outs. The further downfield and out to the flanks he tosses the ball, the less accurate he is.

Analysis: 
Beathard is a solid dink-and-dunk/timing passer with a terrific understanding of the position. He’s only fit for certain systems but is worth having on the sideline as another pair of eyes.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The only thing you might be able to blame the Pegulas for is selecting the guys running their team and maybe not finding anyone better. They also appear to select them and let them do what they say they need to do, to build their team. They dont seem to like stepping in and saying no, they dont want to wait 3-5 years to see results.

Other teams have seen turnarounds much quicker then what Bill's fans keep getting told or believe it should take to turn things around. We are always told or believe everything has to be blown up or completely torn down. They can never find anyone who can build off of what's already here, they always have to change things to suit what they want which most of the time includes a wholesale change of schemes and personel. Fans also want dominance and lasting success, they expect that a rebuild will net them a dynasty if only they blow everything up and start over cause a few years of success wont cut it, even though its much easier to build off of a base that may have been kind of successful for a few years then one that's torn down to nothing.

Pro sports are a business, and fans will say they want a total teardown and "tanking", but very few of those people are the ones who truly support the team financially. They arent usually the season ticket holders who attend all the games or buy suites. They maybe attend a game or 2 and watch from their TV, maybe buying a Jersey (usually from somewhere other then the team store or retail market and not from a potential "black market" online).

If you continue to regress, even during a rebuild, in most cases you wont make it to see through to the end cause franchises cant afford to dsuck for multiple years just to slowly build and tank for picks. To be successful in a rebuild you have to keep trying to be competitive while you build on what you have. Taking a huge step back like the Bill's did this year from last is not going to go over well because  they had success last year and should be building off of it rather then trying to tear it down more.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The Pegulas are certainly part of the 2 decades of futility. 

Yeah, 20% of it.

But I could have sworn that one fourth of their 20% resulted in ending the playoff drought.