This picture is epic

Buffalo03

3 hours ago, vorpma said:

Maybe we just have an ignorant, impatient fan base; maybe that is the problem! 

The identity of our fan base across the nation is a fat, drunken guy jumping off his trailer through a flaming table. 

It's apt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

We understand that was an entirely different front office but that doesn't change the fact that we as fans have been waiting over 20 years for a franchise QB. Your argument makes no sense

Sure it does.  Here is a parallel example: You date someone for 20 years and s/he won't marry you although you have asked five times. You break up and start to date someone new.  After a month you ask to get married and s/he says "no." Do you say to him/her "why can't you marry me sooner.... I have been waiting for over 20 years!!??!" This scenario sound stupid?  Of course it does.... as does your argument.

6 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Sure it does.  Here is a parallel example: You date someone for 20 years and s/he won't marry you although you have asked five times. You break up and start to date someone new.  After a month you ask to get married and s/he says "no." Do you say to him/her "why can't you marry me sooner.... I have been waiting for over 20 years!!??!" This scenario sound stupid?  Of course it does.... as does your argument.

This argument is so off base and extremely stupid. You're comparing relationships and marriage to a sports team. Dating someone for 20 years is nothing like being a fan of a franchise and waiting over 20 years for a QB. I don't even know what to say to this

32 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Last playoff win was 23 years ago.

I agree, more patience is needed.  

It just hasn't been enough time.

Current ownership in place four years, current management/coaching team not even two years; first playoff appearance 2017!

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

I get what you’re saying, but the Pegulas and current football administration had nothing to do with the vast majority of those two decades. We as fans can make the link, but that’s where it ends. It’s only been four plus years under the Pegulas, one of which ended in the playoffs. 

And 2 of which began "we think Rex is the guy."

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good QBs are hard to find.  There are maybe 10 or so in the entire world.  

Our problem is that we haven't found one yet.  You could argue that in the entire 50+ year history of the Buffalo Bills, we've only had one truly good QB.

Beane's only had a year so far to find one.  Maybe we should give him more time.

And the photo, while amusing, proposes a false choice.  McD isn't choosing Peterman over a competent QB.  So far, he's been choosing Allen (not yet a competent QB) over Peterman.  

In the army we have an expression: "developing the situation."  Instead of following a rigid plan, when the realities are fluid, a leader is expected to 'develop the situation' as circumstances change.  Peterman is proving that his good showing in preseason wasn't predictive.  Allen is looking like a raw rookie.  Similarly, there's been some disappointments at other positions - but some good news too on defense. 

With $80 mil or so in cap money next year, let's see if Beane and McD can effectively develop the situation.    

our problem is not that we havent found one. our problem is we have money smart ,sports-dumb ownership...see jerry jones and little danny snyder..

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

This argument is so off base and extremely stupid. You're comparing relationships and marriage to a sports team. Dating someone for 20 years is nothing like being a fan of a franchise and waiting over 20 years for a QB. I don't even know what to say to this

You already did "say something to this." You are the one who acts like following the team passionately owes you something.  I believe it is exactly similar.  The problem is when you read it taking "Bills" out for "girl friend" it seems stupid.  Welcome to the world on most saw your post or the post you supported.

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

And 2 of which began "we think Rex is the guy."

Yes, there is that. They own everything since they bought the team. They got completely bamboozled by Ryan, a total huckster is there ever was one. 

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

You already did "say something to this." You are the one who acts like following the team passionately owes you something.  I believe it is exactly similar.  The problem is when you read it taking "Bills" out for "girl friend" it seems stupid.  Welcome to the world on most saw your post or the post you supported.

I never thought that the team owed me anything. Where the hell do people come up with this garbage? I am a fan of a team that hasn't had a franchise QB for 22 years since Kelly retired and because I've grown impatient by not having one like most fans have, you think that I think the Bills owe that to me? Not once have I said that nor did I imply it. Ridiculous. The fans are the spectators not the team or regimes themselves. By referring to the players and different coaches and regimes that have nothing to do with people like you and me that are just watching the game, is why your marriage argument doesn't make any sense. Because your talking about one person in particular wanting to marry another person for a long time, having it not happen and then going on to someone and saying I want to get married now because I've been waiting 20 years has nothing to do with someone that has been watching and waiting for that guy to get married at the same time saying "I've been wanting this so badly for you". Like that guy getting married is gonna meet the requirements of the people that have been hoping for him to get married all that time also. That's where your argument is off base. We have had many different coaches and regimes here in the last nearly 20 years and by pointing each one of them out specifically you basically make the argument that we have new franchise players every few years because a different regime brings them in. The team and regimes are different from the fans themselves. 

Edited by Buffalo03