Is my sports team killing me?

ALF

Clary and his wife, Carla, walked into an empty emergency room, but within 15 minutes, it was full. The nurse practitioner on duty told them it was not uncommon for the ER to get busy after big games. High blood pressure and injuries, such as broken bones, bruises or bloody falls, usually fill the waiting room during a busy season.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/health/spectator-sports-heart-health/index.html

50 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So is brain strains from all the hyperboles.

it's a noted scene in Proust where a woman laughs so hard she dislocates her jaw, one nurse i used to know said a few men over the years would come to emerg from yawning too much and had to get their jaw reset

Know a guy who actually came down with Shingles, after the Music City Miracle game.  He hasn't followed the Bills since then and his health is very much improved.  Some types just seem to get too wrapped up in a game.  We all get excited/mad etc., but when it starts to raise health issues, it may be time to give it up.

4 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Know a guy who actually came down with Shingles, after the Music City Miracle game.  He hasn't followed the Bills since then and his health is very much improved.  Some types just seem to get too wrapped up in a game.  We all get excited/mad etc., but when it starts to raise health issues, it may be time to give it up.

Does stress bring on shingles? My Son had chicken pox as a one year old.  He already had a bought of shingles @ 14!  Supposedly, You only three boughts... And it's usually older people.  The pediatrician said, it's not common, but young children do come down with it.  Less painful the younger one is though.

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Does stress bring on shingles? My Son had chicken pox as a one year old.  He already had a bought of shingles @ 14!  Supposedly, You only three boughts... And it's usually older people.  The pediatrician said, it's not common, but young children do come down with it.  Less painful the younger one is though.

If you have the virus in your system, a lot of things can trigger it.  I would say, for the person that I know, that stress may have caused it, but I don't know what to say as far as kids go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I know.  I had bad ChixPox young.  Going on 50s... I don't think I had a bout yet!

i've had the measles a few times in adulthood, i've heard that year's vaccine in my infancy was a bust.

not much fun

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow! Interesting.

I never got the Rubella (German measles) vaccine because of my juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.  AND THAT was back in 1970!

it wasn't painful or damaging but semi-quarantined, junior year of high school and in my early 30s.

nothing since in that field of fun

• Sad 1