Josh Allen looks on par with this year’s other rookie QBs

Troll Toll

On 10/16/2018 at 7:10 AM, Scorp83 said:

I disagree with this whole post... he's shell shocked, escapes the pocket way too early,  he has 166 passing the last 2 weeks combined, he doesn't throw to open WR's... granted the WR's are crap... but Zay is open almost all the time... 

He's so Raw & is behind the QB's in the 1st Rd... except Jackson & that's only because he has Flacco in front of him. PPF has Allen rated as the worst QB under pressure. 

This is why I didnt want to draft him, because he's a project. McBeane is a joke right now, because they didn't have a plan after drafting the QB that needs the most work. 

They fell in love with Allen personality, more so then his readiness to play in this league. 

To sit here & try to compare Allen to the rest of this QB class is laughable in itself. 

He's not ready for this league, & I think McBeane just figured that out... which is why he's "Week to Week" & Allen wants a second opinion...

Ughhh take the hint kid, your bench... i feel like McBeane just didn't want to hurt the kid feelings. 

Hurt his feeing?  Lol. And you know Zay is open how? We're you at the games? Because on the TV they mostly don't show the receivers. And hardly show replays. So you can tell how? I think you make up crap.

Edited by BB@Shooter

18 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Especially the trend of you knocking Allen.

Keep jumping on and off the bandwagon. Watch it or you might wear out your keyboard. Typical fan who follows the media and can't think for themselves.

I have eyes and actually watch him play. You can play cheerleader.  ;)

16 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Hurt his feeing?  Lol. And you know Zay is open how? We're you at the games? Because on the TV they mostly don't show the receivers. And hardly show replays. So you can tell how? I think you make up crap.

All-22 shows every player on the field. You might want to get better informed before spewing nonsense.

...I would say that the in-depth analyses and critical assessments of this rook QB class FIVE games in merit slam dunk validity.......what the hell do I need "Comedy Central" for?....the "amusement" here is range topping.....any of my fellow "old codgers" remember Rowan & Martin's "Laugh In"?.......this is deja vu++......where else could life be better?......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2018 at 7:41 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

wait so our guys don't drop the most balls?   

who'd have thunk it?  ;)  

I wonder what the precentage of dropped passes are? Seeing as Allen throws less passes in a game, that could tell the real story. Anyone can make numbers work for them.

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

All-22 shows every player on the field. You might want to get better informed before spewing nonsense.

Spewing nonsense compared to your hate filled diatribe week after week? Give me a break.

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have eyes and actually watch him play. You can play cheerleader.  ;)

I guess it all depends what part of the bandwagon you are riding that particular week. You don't sound like much of a Bills fan to me. Fans actually root for the team on the field. That includes players.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:42 AM, thebandit27 said:

I mean, read this review of Goff's rookie season:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/1/10/14212140/la-rams-qb-jared-goff-rookie-season-recap-scouting-report

It reads like a word-for-word write up of Allen through 6 games.

Quit it, you are making sense.

5 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

I wonder what the precentage of dropped passes are? Seeing as Allen throws less passes in a game, that could tell the real story. Anyone can make numbers work for them.

Spewing nonsense compared to your hate filled diatribe week after week? Give me a break.

1) google it.  

2) the all 22 shows the whole field. 

3) hate filled?   Have you read any Peterman threads?

4) If you don’t like a post, there is no reason to post insults. 

6 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

I guess it all depends what part of the bandwagon you are riding that particular week. You don't sound like much of a Bills fan to me. Fans actually root for the team on the field. That includes players.

Quit it, you are making sense.

Rooting for the team and players is not equal to thinking they're all great or even good.  I'm not concerned about what kind of fan you think I am.

What do you think the success rate is of QBs from college to pros? How many drafted/brought into camp compared to how many actually succeed? And then how many succeed at a high level? Some of the greatest QBs weren't even drafted. It's a crap shoot. If you're going to have a QB that fails, at least put your money on the guy that could be truly great if it all comes together for him. Allen is that guy. They all have trouble processing defenses, making reads, keeping their eyes up under pressure, etc. right now. It's called being a rookie QB in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Luka said:

What do you think the success rate is of QBs from college to pros? How many drafted/brought into camp compared to how many actually succeed? And then how many succeed at a high level? Some of the greatest QBs weren't even drafted. It's a crap shoot. If you're going to have a QB that fails, at least put your money on the guy that could be truly great if it all comes together for him. Allen is that guy. They all have trouble processing defenses, making reads, keeping their eyes up under pressure, etc. right now. It's called being a rookie QB in the NFL.

Good and accurate post Luka.

28 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

1) google it.  

2) the all 22 shows the whole field. 

3) hate filled?   Have you read any Peterman threads?

4) If you don’t like a post, there is no reason to post insults. 

I don't see where my post insults any more than his does. I don't get the 22 show. And Peterman has proven to be a practice player, like I said at the beginning of the year.  I don't post negative about NP, as he has enough problems. If you are worried about the Bills percentage,  you can Google it also. I suggested the percentage of drops wasn't being portrayed correctly.  I don't care if anyone looks it up. I am pretty sure it will eviscerate Allen. The media would have pointed it out if they could get more proof against Allen as it gets readers. Not that I actually think they hate him. It is all about readership or viewers.

25 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Well, TT got run out of 2 towns so he has to talk about something. 

That is exactly what 26 is doing, making it his duty to cut on Allen. Could it be more obvious. The hard part about Allen is his growth will be slowed because the defense can keep the team in games. So as long as the score is close, they will eat up clock and shorten the game. Then try and win it in a close one. Allen will be asked to manage the game, not throw for 300 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

He's nowhere near Mayfield and Darnold despite some rough games has generally been pretty good. 

Allen has been atrocious save for the Minnesota game. He is exactly what the scouting reports said. Scattershot with limited pocket awareness. Good athlete, bad quarterback. 

8 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

That is exactly what 26 is doing, making it his duty to cut on Allen. Could it be more obvious. The hard part about Allen is his growth will be slowed because the defense can keep the team in games. So as long as the score is close, they will eat up clock and shorten the game. Then try and win it in a close one. Allen will be asked to manage the game, not throw for 300 yards.

Playing Jauron ball will eventually get McDermott terminated. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Unknowing? What the heck are you even talking about with this rambling? All I need to do is watch him and the others play.  He started the season behind and he still is.  I wish he hadn't gotten injured so because he needs game experience.  Your long post isn't telling me anything I don't already know with regard to the supporting cast.   I hope he gets back soon. 

So if you know about his supporting cast, why do you overlook it when you evaluate him? Why don't you actually give him credit in your hate?  And if you know football like you claim, why can't you see that they are using him to manage games? Not developing him? And why aren't they trying to bring in offensive help? If he had the same weapons as the other rookies I would bet he develops faster. Yet you never bring any of this up as you just want to hammer on him. To claim different is a huge lie.

27 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Good and accurate post Luka.

I don't see where my post insults any more than his does. I don't get the 22 show. And Peterman has proven to be a practice player, like I said at the beginning of the year.  I don't post negative about NP, as he has enough problems. If you are worried about the Bills percentage,  you can Google it also. I suggested the percentage of drops wasn't being portrayed correctly.  I don't care if anyone looks it up. I am pretty sure it will eviscerate Allen. The media would have pointed it out if they could get more proof against Allen as it gets readers. Not that I actually think they hate him. It is all about readership or viewers.

Spewing nonsense compared to your hate filled diatribe week after week? Give me a break.

seems insulting from my end. 

Bang and I don’t always agree but he’s usually not one to spew crap out there.  

4 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

He's nowhere near Mayfield and Darnold despite some rough games has generally been pretty good. 

Allen has been atrocious save for the Minnesota game. He is exactly what the scouting reports said. Scattershot with limited pocket awareness. Good athlete, bad quarterback. 

Playing Jauron ball will eventually get McDermott terminated. 

I don't know what kind of leash management has him on. But I do know that is the only way they will win with the offensive personnel they have. If anything should get him fired is not having a better read on host offensive side of the ball. And I don't think he should be fired, as his defense is put together on a budget and performing well.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Spewing nonsense compared to your hate filled diatribe week after week? Give me a break.

seems insulting from my end. 

Bang and I don’t always agree but he’s usually not one to spew crap out there.  

He has been against Allen from day one.

10 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

So if you know about his supporting cast, why do you overlook it when you evaluate him? Why don't you actually give him credit in your hate?  And if you know football like you claim, why can't you see that they are using him to manage games? Not developing him? And why aren't they trying to bring in offensive help? If he had the same weapons as the other rookies I would bet he develops faster. Yet you never bring any of this up as you just want to hammer on him. To claim different is a huge lie.

I don't overlook this at all and the Bills did him no favors by putting him in a less than ideal situation. I have brought this up on multiple occasions in many different threads so you don't know what you're talking about. That doesn't mean there aren't plays to be made that he misses out on due to his inexperience. That is normal and the hope is that he'll improve with more game experience. 

Hate has nothing to do with an honest assessment of him as player and it's such a nothing juvenile term.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 10/16/2018 at 9:27 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

This was going to be about slow growth.

We all knew that.

This team has already seemed to exceed expectations in a lot of ways nationally and I think if Allen finished that game, we'd be 3-3 and that would have made absolutely anyone happy at this point based on the schedule.

My biggest disappointment has been Daboll. I think there's a way to properly develop a QB while still allowing him to throw, primarily quick timing patterns and play action bombs. Other than the Minnesota game, I think Daboll has done a poor job there.

But I'm also okay with Josh taking a seat for the next month or so. I think he can learn for a bit from Anderson while on the bench.

But yeah, I don't get the folks thinking he was supposed to look like a HOFer right away.

Good post.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't overlook this at all and the Bills did him no favors by putting him in a less than ideal situation. I have brought this up on multiple occasions in many different threads so you don't know what you're talking about. That doesn't mean there aren't plays to be made that he misses out on due to his inexperience. That is normal and the hope is that he'll improve with more game experience. 

Hate has nothing to do with an honest assessment of him as player and it's such a nothing juvenile term.  

Yes we are alll aware of you posting this in multiple threads. 

You use 1 excuse to support Rosen and then chastise Allen for it.  

Rosen had a worse QB rating as Nate Peterman.....  We all know how you feel about him.  Yet Nate never had 2 pick 6s in one game much less one half. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes we are alll aware of you posting this in multiple threads. 

You use 1 excuse to support Rosen and them chastise Allen for it.  

Rosen had a worse QB rating as Nate Peterman.....  We all know how you feel about him.  Yet Nate never had 2 pick 6a in one game much less one half. 

Do us all a favor and start ignoring 26CB.

This massive crusade you have against him is so annoying.

• Thank you (+1) 2