What positions would you draft? Forget about free agency for now

SJDK

BPA meets ‘need’ in round one. Bills need a wide receiver bad. I’d give them a pass if they went with a DE pass rusher. Hughes and Murphy are playing great now, not sure how long that will last.

Round two again is BPA and ‘need’. Here though you widen needs to include oline. 

3-5 is getting value. If you see a name still there that you believe can start, grab him.

6-7 prospect. Someone you watched tape on and see what he does right and what needs to be coached up.  Take a chance. High reward low risk guys. Nobody is expecting a 6-7 rounder to play for a year or two. Get someone who had ideal size and speed/strength for the position from a small school who can hopefully adjust to NFL. 

This is kinda what I saw the Bills do last draft and think it’s working out pretty darn good. Rookies are going to be rookies. Where else in the world do you expect a guy that’s been on the job for 3 months to be as good as a 10 year employee? 

I’m glad all of us showed up to work, and on day one are employee of the year.

They're going to have to find some playmakers on offense and see what they can do in terms of interior OL. Vlad Ducasse actually hasn't been too bad. Dawkins is fine, Mills has actually been playing his best football as a Bill. Bodine and Miller routinely struggle.

Simply drafting receivers isn't going to fix the offense, though. WR and OL are two positions that take the longest in terms of transition from college to pro. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for them drafting some receivers but I think they also need to get active in the trade market for offensive players.

9 hours ago, SJDK said:

Let’s forget about free agency for a second and discuss how we would spend our draft picks after this past game. 

Rounds:

1.left tackle who could play right if Dawkins holds on

2.WR

3. Guard

4.Guard

4.Center

5.WR

5.TACKLE

6.WR

7. Corner ( we always take one)

7. Center

i hope we bring in all the above in free agency as well.

yeah, oline and wr maybe a rb also

9 hours ago, SJDK said:

Let’s forget about free agency for a second and discuss how we would spend our draft picks after this past game. 

Rounds:

1.left tackle who could play right if Dawkins holds on

2.WR

3. Guard

4.Guard

4.Center

5.WR

5.TACKLE

6.WR

7. Corner ( we always take one)

7. Center

i hope we bring in all the above in free agency as well.

All of this is dependent upon what happens in FA.

5 hours ago, mabden said:

Emmanuel Hall, WR, Missouri 

I don't follow college football but doesn't this WR have the QB Drew Lock throwing to him? That QB apparently may rise quickly on the boards........perhaps it's him who makes the WR great, perhaps it's the WR vice-versa.......take them both! We have picks to do so. 

Get well Josh Allen and show us if you're for real, or not. If not, that's OK, we're used to it!

Edited by Seasons1992
Wrong name.

1. DE ** unless a good QB falls. 

2. WR ** unless a good QB falls.

3. OLB

4. CB

5. TE

6. OG/C

7. OT

8. RB

9. CB/S

10. DT

11. WR

Continue adding to the strength of this team, the defense. We failed to do so in 2014 when we took Watkins instead of Mack, coming off a 2013 defense where the Bills had 57 sacks on the year. If the QB (Allen) is not good, then a WR is a waste of a pick. WR do not drive wins in the NFL. 

I understand the offense is atrocious. But going out and selecting WR, WR, RB, OG, OT, WR, TE and then going WR, WR, RB, WR in Free Agency is too much. There are not enough footballs to go around, and this Coach is not going to turn the Bills into the LA Rams. 

As mush as I'd love to flush all the WRs and start over, it is not realistic to expect 3-4 rookies and old FA WRs to come in and be productive. The FA WR is shaping up to be a horrible class, unless there are cap cuts. 

I think the smart move would be to continue adding to this defense. Lorenzo Alexander is 35, Kyle Williams is 35. Take a WR early in the draft of course, interior OL is a problem and Jordan Mills has been our starting RT for 3 years. 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Assuming players at the right value were available when we had a pick ...

1) RT/WR

2) WR/RT

3) C

4) OLB

4) G

5) CB

6) G

6) WR

7) Depth

7) Depth

Eli Manning says hi. And he was taken out for most of the first half of the season and had a better supporting cast.

Thinking a final answer can be seen now says more about your reasoning than it does about Allen.

Eli Manning? 

He's as old as dirt.   The league isn't even close to what it was when he started.   

Today's league is engineered for a qb to succeed. If you can't pass for 100 yards in multiple games, you don't belong here. 

Just look at Allen's stats from week two til now.   It's gotten worse every week.  Every week he looks worse and worse.   He's incapable of doing simple things you'd expect a 1st rounder to do, that you MOVED UP FOR in the draft. 

I'll use Peterman for example.  He came off the bench and went 4/6 for 40+ yards and a TD against Houston. If the supporting cast was issue for Allen, it would have been for Peterman.  It wasn't. 

Aside from Petermans terrible interceptions,  he's looked way better than Allen. 

I don't think anyone can really give an informed opinion of what to do with each pick until we know where the picks are, but I'd say the team's needs are, probably in this order:

1. #1 WR

2. #2 WR

3. O-Line, specifically interior

4. #2 CB

5. TE

6. RB

7. DT

8. DE

9. Backup QB

10. 3rd down RB

Having said that, if Buffalo ends up picking top 2 and choose not to trade the pick, I'd probably take Bosa/Oliver.

Generally teams that Get a QB, they wait 2 years. Give the kid 2 years to see what you do. You can judge Josh Allen by mistakes but he has not made enough mistakes for me to say now we can look past Josh Allen. I can list many QB's that struggle there first year and look fantastic the next year. The fact that our LG, C, RG are backup players at the best in this league says a lot. the fact that you add that on top of this being by FAR and I mean by FAR FAR FAR have the worst WR group added on top of this OL crew adds to it. Laughable for anyone to say we have to move past Josh Allen..

Now. That being said. Any OL position other then LT is a need right now. taking Free Agency out of the picture makes this even harder.

#1 ANY OL but LT

#2 ANY OL but LT

#3 WR

repeat

to make a good offense we need an OL first then good players at WR.

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think this staff will protect Allen with veteran OL in FA, I'd say our 1st rounder will be a WR since there doesn't seem to be any WR1 options in FA.

Respectfully, BBG, and it has been talked about ad naseum (by me :lol:) in other threads on this board, there just aren't going to be any quality OLmen available in FA.  Even if they look like they will be available now, NOBODY is going to let the good ones get away.

7 hours ago, The Process said:

Aww....cmon man you care or you wouldn't have clicked on this thread. Furthermore I dare you not to watch the draft next year....

the good news is that we wont have to watch past the first commercial break to see who the Bills get (spoiler: high motor but undersized LB or best Corner in the draft).  it's also possible that the Bills trade their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Pats for their 6th and a small bag of magic beans.  you just wait though, those beans will pay off.