Anderson’s

Another Fan

It wasn’t really a thing growing up, but I went when I was a “new adult” going back and enjoyed it. It’s a place I’d like to hit when I go back, but it rarely makes the cut when I’m only there a few days. 

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Is this considered one of the best chains around in Buffalo for sandwiches/ice cream?  I’ve been there a few times in my life the latest being over the summer.  Was like sensory overload for how good everything looked and tasted 

If you want ice cream go to sweet Jennies off main in williamville

fantastic homemade ice cream 

• Like (+1) 1

Antoinette's on Transit Rd. in Depew. Growing up, it had been rated one of the top 10 Ice Cream Parlors in the country by a trade journal. They used to keep a copy of the rating on the wall.

Ice cream and whipped cream are all homemade.

On the candy side, basically anything edible, they dip in chocolate. Its a bit disgusting. But probably the best sponge candy in WNY.

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Is this considered one of the best chains around in Buffalo for sandwiches/ice cream?  I’ve been there a few times in my life the latest being over the summer.  Was like sensory overload for how good everything looked and tasted 

For a beef on weck and ice cream in one stop - great deal on Sheridan Drive. Or hit Ted's down the street and then Anderson's. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I grew up not very far from the original Anderson's on Sheridan Drive and have loved that stuff for 40+ years.

I've had their roast beef sandwiches, curly Q fries, cajun fries, BBQ sandwiches and frozen custard about 10 trillion times in my life.

When I was in high school/college, I used to get a roast beef on kaiser roll with horseradish, and a pint of a twist with chocolate sprinkles as dessert.  I called that "dinner" about 100 times.

Try one of their Vernor's ginger ales and of course, the Loganberry.  

It's all good.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I grew up not very far from the original Anderson's on Sheridan Drive and have loved that stuff for 40+ years.

I've had their roast beef sandwiches, curly Q fries, cajun fries, BBQ sandwiches and frozen custard about 10 trillion times in my life.

When I was in high school/college, I used to get a roast beef on kaiser roll with horseradish, and a pint of a twist with chocolate sprinkles as dessert.  I called that "dinner" about 100 times.

It's all good.

It's NOT chocolate sprinkles.  It's chocolate Jimmies.

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/jimmies-vs-sprinkles-is-there-a-difference

15 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

It's all good.

I gre up in Kenmore and we would ride our bikes to Andersons on Sheridan. I remember getting the lemon ice before I fell in love with the frozen custard. I don't remember the roast beef untill mid 80's. But once they started with that I tried it and loved it as well.

Another great little frozen custard place is Ashkers in Niagara falls on Pine ave. When I was at Niagara, I would trek down there to grab some to coat my stomach before a night of drinking, awesome stuff. 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, Another Fan said:

The meat is high quality,delivered fresh everyday from JH Dodman (mon-fri) in air-tight sealed bags.The bags never hit the freezer...no additives,chemicals or colors are added either.It's cool if you don't mind screaming kids....

Edited by Misterbluesky

On 10/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, Another Fan said:

They remodeled not too long ago and really expanded their ice cream selection.  They are one of the best in the Buffalo area post remodel.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:42 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Culver's from Wisconsin to Texas is better.  As Buger & Custard Chains go.

When I was a kid in grade school I knew a couple of kids who ate bugers.  But since then not so much.?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/16/2018 at 6:24 PM, Fadingpain said:

It's all good.

Mmmmmm....Vernor's.