CJ Beathard only has 3 more career starts than Josh Allen

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No I don't see your point.  Beathard has been around the league a lot more with better players around him.  Allen is just getting started.

"A lot more?"

He was drafted last year and has played in 3 more NFL games than Allen. 

Last year, he put up decent rookie numbers throwing to Marquis Goodwin, George Kittle, Aldrick Robinson, and Louis Murphy -- Not exactly Rice, Moss, Gonzalez, and Owens. 

You have to be trying to troll at this point, because there is no possible way you really mean what you are arguing.  

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

"A lot more?"

Last year, he put up decent rookie numbers throwing to Marquis Goodwin, George Kittle, Aldrick Robinson, and Louis Murphy -- Not exactly Rice, Moss, Gonzalez, and Owens. 

You have to be trying to troll at this point, because there is no possible way you really mean what you are arguing.  

He has been in the league for over a year, has played more, has been watching a lot more film, learning.  That's a lot more than a rookie in the league for 5 games.  I don't have anything against Beathard, seem like a good backup guy.  But to use him to bash a rookie like Allen is ridiculous.

You want to see what a year watching and learning does?  Look at Mahomes. 

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He has been in the league for over a year, has played more, has been watching a lot more film, learning.  That's a lot more than a rookie in the league for 5 games.  I don't have anything against Beathard, seem like a good backup guy.  But to use him to bash a rookie like Allen is ridiculous.

You want to see what a year watching and learning does?  Look at Mahomes. 

Ok, then explain why CJB's production was worlds better than Allen's last year when he was at the exact same point in his career that Allen is right now. 

You really are missing my point. CJB just happens to be a good current example to use as a comparable. My point is that Allen isn't even close to performing up to the standard of a probable career backup.

That is what should really concern Bills fans. Allen hasn't been "franchise" good at any level of football yet. 

12 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Ok, then explain why CJB's production was worlds better than Allen's last year when he was at the exact same point in his career that Allen is right now. 

You really are missing my point. CJB just happens to be a good current example to use as a comparable. My point is that Allen isn't even close to performing up to the standard of a probable career backup.

That is what should really concern Bills fans. Allen hasn't been "franchise" good at any level of football yet. 

You are just another person looking to bash Allen, you're just using Beathard to do it.  Allen is making progress.  Different teams, different circumstances.  Apples and oranges.

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

"A lot more?"

You probably know this already, but there's an enormous difference between year 1 and year 2 in the NFL; I wrote at length about it yesterday.  One guy had 4 months off to train in an NFL program, recover, and get better; the other guy has been in "season mode" for over 14 months.

As to supporting casts, I would gladly swap our group of pass catchers for Goodwin, Garcon, Kittle, and Trent Taylor, and I'm guessing 32/32 head coaches would too.

23 hours ago, mannc said:

Why is anyone even talking about the pick Beathard threw??  It came on 3d and 3 from midfield and after the int the Packers had the ball at their own 7 yard line.  It was the equivalent of an excellent punt.

Because it was the difference in winning the game and losing ? 

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Because it was the difference in winning the game and losing ? 

No, it was not.  The fact that they didn’t convert the third and 3 is what hurt, not the fact that the pass was intercepted.  An Incompletion would have been worse than the pick because the punt that followed probably would not have pinned the Packers inside their own 7-yard line.