CJ Beathard only has 3 more career starts than Josh Allen

15 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

When you have seen 5 losing one isnt a big deal. I was happy for that 101 year old man that finally got to see his team win a superbowl.

You were...happy...that they lost?

I mean, I get that, so was I.  Guess I'm just surprised...though it does make sense that, over a long enough time period, even a Pats***** fan would start to hate their own team.

18 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Look at his stats from his rookie year. 

That is what really is troubling.

CJB was competent out of the box. Meanwhile, JA has a lot of trouble executing a basic NFL passing play. 

Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen -- all of them have at least exhibited the ability to produce respectable passing production at this early stage in their careers. 200 yards seems impossible right now for Josh Allen.

18 hours ago, BuffaloSkills said:

Allen struggles to read defenses,  holds the ball and then looks to run. he certainly doesn't look like a QB you take top 10

HELLLLOOOOOOO.  Everyone with a clue knew Josh Allen was abysmal and should have never been drafted.  Only the Bills could possibly employ a scout dumb enough to think he's an early round pick let alone top ten. 

Here is only.one example.  https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

Fire the QB scouting Dept and just draft whomever this guy likes next tine.  

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

some of you guys a being SUPER TROLLS 

C.J. Beathard was 1-4 last season 

54.9 % comp

4 TD and 6 INT

19 sacks

Now he's a stud?   SMH.   

For a kid in his 8th career start, he sure looked like one in the making last night.

Better than anything the Bills have currently or have had since Orton. 

29 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You were...happy...that they lost?

I mean, I get that, so was I.  Guess I'm just surprised...though it does make sense that, over a long enough time period, even a Pats***** fan would start to hate their own team.

Who could possibly like that team?  Can’t blame Pats fans for finally coming around...

3 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

They drafted him under the understanding that they would teach him to read a defense. They have not accomplished that goal. Nor have they built the game plan that allows him to grow. They play it safe and vanilla because that is all McDermott and Dabol are capable of doing. If this kid washes out of the NFL, it is their fault.

This is something that I definitely can't argue, especially given the current state of the position on this team. 

To this point, they have shown that they have absolutely zero clue how to manage the most important position in professional sports. 

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

So it's all a lost cause.

Josh Allen will never be successful in this league. Is that the bottom line?

It's not trending in a good direction at this point in time and he appears to be miles and miles and miles behind other comparable, young QBs. That's all I'm saying.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I see where you're coming from now.  I would say he looks better in some ways even comparing to the Vikings game.  The things folks are getting on him about are his ability to get pre-snap reads and go to a guy quickly, his pocket presence, and his accuracy particularly on short passes.  I think he looked pretty good on all those Sunday.  Now, that may be because the plays are calling for less reads.  I don't know that; none of us would without knowing the play calls.  But on most of his drop backs Sunday he looked like he knew right where he wanted to go with the ball and delivered it.  That to me is progress.  Other than the horrible first pass he either was putting the ball right on guys, or missing where it was a smart miss and where defenders could not make a play on the ball. 

He still needs to hang in the pocket longer on some throws.  I think that will come with time.

If what you are saying is that progress can only be defined as being better week 1, vs 2, then 2, vs 3, and so on, I would disagree.  Young QB's will have ups and downs, good games and bad.  Mayfield for example had a tough day this past Sunday, but I would not say he regressed.  He just had a day that will happen with young QBs as they figure things out.

That would be a pretty good definition for regression, not progression.

Just how old are you, Oldmanfan?

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

That would be a pretty good definition for regression, not progression.

Just how old are you, Oldmanfan?

You want to discuss regression analysis?  You really want to go there?

Young QBs tend to fluctuate, have good games and bad.  The person I was responding to seemed to suggest progression involved game to game to game improvement.  That's not necessarily the case.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Shhhh  You don't confuse them with facts 

I've already explained why this point should make Bills fans even more concerned about the current state of the position. 

CJB is clearly an upgrade over Josh Allen right now. It's so glaring that they appear to be playing two different sports at times. Bills fans would throw a parade at this point for 235 and a couple of TDs and an offense that scores 30 points in a game. 

However, the 49ers didn't believe CJB was good enough and made a huge move in an attempt to upgrade even more. That should tell you something -- we'd be thrilled with CJB, but he's not even good enough for his current team. That's how far behind the rest of the league this Bills team is. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

3-more-career-starts   

and

a Year riding the pine learning 

CJB didn't really "ride the pine" & learn. He played a bunch last year, 6 games with 5 starts on a really, really bad 49ers team. 

9 games (8 starts) -- 196/338  57.4%  2322 yds  10TD  11INT  75.3RTG

He's averaging 258 yds/gm. Not too bad for a rookie QB taken in the 3rd round.

32 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

For a kid in his 8th career start, he sure looked like one in the making last night.

The Packers Defense was hot trash last night per the sports media I have listened to today 

Im not saying he is garbage but 1 great game doesn’t prove anything 

19 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Well look at the QB's that was throwing to him prior to going to SF. That is why is numbers are low. Imagine if he had QB's that can consistently get him the ball....Oh wait!

excellent point which people on here constantly miss. a WR cant throw the ball to himself.If you are a WR and have a crappy QB you are screwed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

CJB didn't really "ride the pine" & learn. He played a bunch last year, 6 games with 5 starts on a really, really bad 49ers team. 

Look purely at his numbers from his rookie season...they are eerily similar to Allen's.  Not surprising considering he was a rookie playing on a bad team (of course, I'd take the 2017 49ers' non-QB offensive personnel 10 times out of 10 over the 2018 Bills' non-QB personnel)

12 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

riding the range was a joke.  

See last post. 

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

excellent point which people on here constantly miss. a WR cant throw the ball to himself.If you are a WR and have a crappy QB you are screwed. 

The bigger issue with Goodwin was health and dedication to football prior to getting to SF

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

He lost. Again.

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

riding the range was a joke.  

See last post. 

My fault, I'll go take a lap. 

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

He lost. Again.

W-L is too subjective a stat. The Bills' QB recently lost a game that the defense should have won. 

Mark Sanchez & Brock Osweiler have winning records at QB. 

I'm simply looking at production only. 

• Haha (+1) 1