CJ Beathard only has 3 more career starts than Josh Allen

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen hasn't looked like an NFL QB so far.

For the past 3 games he's looked like a 3rd string QB who you have to completely hide to have any chance of winning a game.

As I said, Beathard has hardly any talent, but he's accurate and he's in command of the offense.

Who cares if you can throw a football 80 yards if you can't read a defense? 

WGR has nailed this theme for awhile - are we supposed to be surprised? 

That a middling prospect from the Mountain West, with pedestrian stats and shaky accuracy is playing exactly like his Scouting Reports? 

The chances were always slim that he would defy the odds and become a top end starter. 

Our GM loved him because he was tall, strong arm and reminded him of Cam Newton. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Could this be the longest, most painful year ever on this board?

The D is looking terrific. We expected the offense to be a mess. It is.  Allen has no weapons and he’s hurt. A Superstar offensive guru like Shanahan could change the looks of things overnight. Oh, and we might need a few offensive players with talent. That would help....

Relax.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BobDVA said:

If Jesus was on the Bills, the trolls here would want to trade him for taking too long between the crucifixion and the resurrection. 

Never underestimate those who love to be miserable, and who need to make everyone miserable with them.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GG said:

Another stroke of bad luck for Bills not to have its administration in order last year for the draft.   Forget the Mahomes trade.   By moving up to select Zay Jones, Bills gave up picks that could have been used on Smith-Schuster AND Beathard.  

Just think of that draft to start the McDermott era.  Chances are that Beathard doesn't crap the bed vs Chargers, he rides until the end of the year into thre playoffs, possibly scores into double digits and Bills don't need to spend all the draft capital to move up for Allen.  

Amazing how one bad move can set the team back by years.

It has been going on for years.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Ya, they also didn't play in 2018 when the rules are stacked in favour of it being pretty damn easy to throw for a lot of yards. 

In 1985 one QB threw for more than 4,000 yards. Last year eight guys did it.

80 yards passing nowadays is simply pathetic. 

We had a huge thrown down in another thread today about this. 

Could the best QBs today play back in the 1980's, or would they be beaten down by the physicality?

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Could this be the longest, most painful year ever on this board?

The D is looking terrific. We expected the offense to be a mess. It is.  Allen has no weapons and he’s hurt. A Superstar offensive guru like Shanahan could change the looks of things overnight. Oh, and we might need a few offensive players with talent. That would help....

Relax.  

Hush, and let the misery consume you.

When I heard the Browns were deciding between drafting Allen or Mayfield, I actually felt sorry for Browns fans, thinking that organization would screw up by taking the biggest question mark in the draft. I didn’t like Allen and it wasn’t because of the often referenced accuracy issues, I didn’t like him as a prospect due to his decision making. He failed to look like a man among boys in the Mountain West conference and often struggled to throw for 200 yards. He’s a Buffalo Bill now, so I’m going to continue hoping he miraculously turns into something he never was, but if he doesn’t, the Bills deserve to toil in mediocrity. 

• Like (+1) 2

Of course.  Has nothing to do with the team that is surrounding him or coaching.  It's all QB talent.  Just like Mahomes.  They would both flourish here.  ?

9ers were playoff contenders before Jimmy G went down.  And it wasn't ALL because of him.  It was the combination of couching, QB AND the pieces around him. 

We don't have that here.  So before we get into the "Finger of shame to 1BD for not drafting this kid!", that kid and most others would SUCK here. 

13 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

This site defended EJ Manuel for 3 plus years. Even if Allen is garbage which so far he has been it’ll take 3 plus years for anyone to come to some consensus and even then. I imagine some people here still think Manuel got a raw deal and if given the chance he can be an all pro qb. Right not CJ is light years ahead of Allen and it’s really not even close. 

EJ got murdered on draft night here.  I was one of the few EJ defenders.  Sad part is he had a better start to his career than Allen.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

WGR has nailed this theme for awhile - are we supposed to be surprised? 

That a middling prospect from the Mountain West, with pedestrian stats and shaky accuracy is playing exactly like his Scouting Reports? 

The chances were always slim that he would defy the odds and become a top end starter. 

Our GM loved him because he was tall, strong arm and reminded him of Cam Newton. 

The WGR radio guys (minus John Murphy) are all forward thinking football fans. 

None of them wanted Allen before we picked him, and they all already know this is going to end badly. 

This was the first week they got really critical of him. There were a lot of calls for them to put Allen on the bench for a month and let him learn, because he's obviously not learning anything on the field otherwise he'd show signs of improvement on the field. 

Guys like Allen never work out in the NFL. I don't know what we're hoping for but it's overwhelmingly likely it's not going to happen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, batmanfreek said:

Of course.  Has nothing to do with the team that is surrounding him or coaching.  It's all QB talent.  Just like Mahomes.  They would both flourish here.  ?

9ers were playoff contenders before Jimmy G went down.  And it wasn't ALL because of him.  It was the combination of couching, QB AND the pieces around him. 

We don't have that here.  So before we get into the "Finger of shame to 1BD for not drafting this kid!", that kid and most others would SUCK here. 

Allen was the 7th overall pick.  All I here is excusss for him why he isn’t better.  People said that about Wyoming and now here.  I never expected him to light it up.  But it’s ok to expect more than a struggle to get to 100 yards every game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

9ers we’re struggling this year. Last year jimmy put together a string a wins but they were fr from contenders. Their offense is better for sure but Beathard still looks worked bette me than Josh Allen.