Woods, Watkins, Hogan and Goodwin

RPbillsfan

On 10/17/2018 at 9:28 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

The first step in addressing incompetence isn't to get over it..........it's to acknowledge it and see if there is a trend.

There is definitely a trend wrt McBeane and incompetence on the offensive side of the football.

They are pretty good wrt defense(except when they are awful) but building around defense in the NFL is short-sighted........and pretty easy.

You can build a defense in one good offseason of free agency and by hiring a good DC........and good DC's are a dime-a-dozen compared to good OC's.

But it's hard to maintain good defense............whereas offensive minded teams tend to be more consistent and have better staying power as contenders.

So the question is are these McBeane guys worth the time?     

If I recall correctly, the 2018 draft was Beane’s first in Buffalo.  McDermott was here (just new)  for the 2017 draft with scouting reports from the lame-duck FO.  Was McDermott supposed to trust the evaluations of Whaley and his staff when he (likely) knew that they would be let go right after the draft?

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Don’t forget to add in Jordan Mathews who had near 100 yards today.

Maybe Doug Whaley was a pretty good judge of talent?

Stiil,  Bills could not afford to keep all those guys.  Watkins is making crazy $ and Robert Woods isn’t cheap.

Jordan Matthews was a McDermott/Beane trade/signee.  

The Bills could have afforded to keep at least one of the WRs they sent packing.  They could have kept Woods and Goodwin or they could have kept Watkins.  Instead, they kept none of them.  Hell, they didn't even keep Matthews.   And the  McDermott/Beane cheerleaders expect these asshats to put together a respectable offense next year.   ROTFLMAO.

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The Bills could have afforded to keep at least one of the WRs they sent packing.  They could have kept Woods and Goodwin or they could have kept Watkins.  Instead, they kept none of them.  Hell, they didn't even keep Matthews.   And the  McDermott/Beane cheerleaders expect these asshats to put together a respectable offense next year.   ROTFLMAO.

Yeah but you see, the plan is that they have been saving their "offensive side" magical plan for NEXT offseason!

Read all about it right here.  Trust the process.  These guys are sandbagging the entire NFL.  All other FOs have no idea what's coming!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Someday people will realize buffalo is where WRs go to die.  It’s not the lack of WRs is the lack of qb

No, it's the stupid, short-sighted, penny-pinching owners and their FO lackeys who play "moneyball" by hiring cheap, crappy neophyte HCs; by refusing to pay market rates for most of the good young vets coming off their rookie contracts;  by trying to foist backup and journeyman QBs; and by only drafting first round QBs when they absolutely need to in order to placate the fanbase.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/17/2018 at 5:26 PM, mead107 said:

It is in the past people.    Get over it.  

The tailgating goes on ?

If I could do a do over on mega millions I would be a multi millionaire. 

Ahh yes, the tailgating... At some point it would be great if the tailgate became secondary to the football. It actually was at one time. GMs and coaches do not get to use the if I had a do over excuse to keep their highly paid posts. They need to be right or they will be fired. Bills fans deserve good football after the last twenty or so years of futility. 

They all look great else where ............. maybe they play for teams with good coaching on offense?  Talent wise I still think many of them are marginal.  Hogan has good hands, Goodwin is fast, Woods is a great route runner.  The only one with a truly dominant package is Watkins.  The difference they are all now playing for teams with a coach (HC or OC) who knows how to optimize talent and create opportunities against any defense.

46 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If I recall correctly, the 2018 draft was Beane’s first in Buffalo.  McDermott was here (just new)  for the 2017 draft with scouting reports from the lame-duck FO.  Was McDermott supposed to trust the evaluations of Whaley and his staff when he (likely) knew that they would be let go right after the draft?

Beane was McDermott's hand picked GM so whether you like it or not they are a package deal that dates back to the start of the 2017 offseason..........and McDermott didn't follow Whaley's draft board.........he used a combination of the Panthers scouting reports and the opinions of other people he knew like since-fired WR coach Phil McGeoghan who encouraged him to trade up in round 2 for Zay Jones.    Whaley and Pegula reportedly wanted Mahomes.    

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I don't really care what regime you want to point the finger at. Or give the finger at. We were smart enough to draft all these above average wr's yet dumb enough to let them all slip away. The Billsy way lives on.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/15/2018 at 9:13 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird that the best offenses and coaches seem to want Sammy.

and I love the point that if you don’t win a championship, every player is worthless.

until they get him...then he's a "decoy"

• Like (+1) 1

what is the difference?

I mean, at the end of the day, our QB isn't making the throws to the WRs that are open, today, right now.

Giving him more or better wide receivers (and we can leave that question as whether or not players were fakers. OMFG) isn't going to change the outcome of your rookie QB. If he doesn't throw the ball he is going to continue to have the worst offense in the history of football.