Woods, Watkins, Hogan and Goodwin

RPbillsfan

22 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Watkins is on pace for 52 catches, 720 yards and 2 touchdowns for 14 million dollars a year.  For the life of me I do not understand the obsession with this guy.

Can someone please tell me what we won when these guys were on the team?  

Overrated!  He will be on a new team again next year.  Woods is a way better receiver.

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Watkins is on pace for 52 catches, 720 yards and 2 touchdowns for 14 million dollars a year.  For the life of me I do not understand the obsession with this guy.

Future first ballot HOF left tackle Joe Thomas played his whole career having never been to the playoffs.  Maybe "what did we win with these players?" is a faulty argument.

Hogan, Watkins, and Woods play on the 3 best teams in the league right now for whatever that's worth.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Tom Brady has thrown TDs to many JAGs in his career, as did Peyton Manning etc.

Hogan's a go to guy on like the greatest football dynasty in history, but ok. 

5 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

Hogan's a go to guy on like the greatest football dynasty in history, but ok. 

But they’re not a dynasty because of Hogan; it’s the guy throwing him the ball. No shame in it as all the greats have thrown many a TD pass to JAG WRs. If you play long enough ( if you’re good that usually happens) it’s guaranteed. Marino, Manning et al threw lots of passes to guys that were just players in the league, not great players. 

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Hard to believe this was our WR group in 2014-2015 in comparison to the hot garbage we are fielding now.

Makes me ill

None of them did much while here and all were subject to a lot of fan scrutiny in varying degrees.

Now you want them all back?  

You must have a short memory.

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

None of them did much while here and all were subject to a lot of fan scrutiny in varying degrees.

Now you want them all back?  

You must have a short memory.

Doesn't matter what the fans think, it's up to the GM to evaluate.

43 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Woods was a very good receiver. And a phenomenal run blocker. He looks pretty damn fast in LA...

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That was my point. 

So you both would have been fine with the Bills giving him the type of contract the Rams gave him?

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

With Watkins and Shady, they were top 10 in points scored.  And Rex destroyed the defense.  Is he worth two first round picks, no.  Was he a complete WR when healthy, yes!  He has deep speed and size to go over the middle.  He was the best combination of WR skills since Moulds. Not elite speed like Lee Evans, but enough to get deep on a regular basis.  And his contract would be perfectly fine on this team.  They could have given him his 5th year option and still had plenty of cap room.  

On another note, one might argue there was an injury risk.  Well he has not missed any time due to the foot. 

Beane messed up. Darby and Watkins are far better than Gaines, Mathews, and 2nd and 3rd round picks.  And in full disclosure I liked the Darby trade. I thought he was a one year wonder but he is playing well in Philadelphia.  I can admit I was wrong.  I doubt Beane will.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1