Peterman is here to stay!

jtothebrown

5 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

So you are obsessed with the movie Brokeback Mountain, and you cant wait for part 2, and you hoping its about a football coach and an obsessed fansite poster like yourself.

I hope you find what your looking for boy! Everyone deserves to he happy!

Good luck in your journey!

I think Mead107 would love to get this, but he would be in place of the Buffalo, and coach would be craddling him!

Thanks Aaron Hernandez 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Who's a prisoner?

I think jobot is posting from Attica or some correctional facility in NYS?  The whole soap in a sock beating thing gave him away!

Mead107 is having fantasies about being the coaches prisoner.

Im just trying to talk about football and he keeps asking me if im doing the coach!

12 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

I think jobot is posting from Attica or some correctional facility in NYS?  The whole soap in a sock beating thing gave him away!

Mead107 is having fantasies about being the coaches prisoner.

Im just trying to talk about football and he keeps asking me if im doing the coach!

Dude, you're getting absolutely roasted ?

3 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Nate Peterman isnt going anywhere, not now, not tomorrow, not as long as Mc D is the coach.

Mcdermott runs the show, Brandon Beane is really not the GM, only in title. Beane is responsible for the contracts and salary cap, Coach makes all the personell moves and decisions. 

Totally agree with your second paragraph and I'm pretty sure that is not an opinion, but more a statement of fact (regarding the hierarchy at OBD).

As far as Peterman remaining here as long as McDimwit?  Not sure about that. 

Maybe.

Sean McDermott pretty much betrayed 'The Process' preached all summer long amidst mounting criticism from both fans of the Bills and national media.

There's no way that Josh Allen starting by Week Two was part of the plan all along.

It's an unfortunate admission because Sean McDermott and Nathan Peterman were both guys I championed during the head coaching hiring process and NFL draft, respectively.

Nathan Peterman had the abysmal showing against the Los Angeles Chargers, as the whole world knows, and he's still desperate to shake that; he was afforded the opportunity to repair his image this off-season and did pretty much all he could, to put himself in position to do just that nearing the regular season: he outplayed his competition in important areas during both training camp and preseason, and earned the right to be named starter against the Baltimore Ravens.

Another rough outing vs. the Ravens for the second-year player: Peterman finished the game 5 of 18 for 27 yards, no TD's, 2 INTs, 0.0 QB rating; pulled from the game a little after the third quarter began.

Of course Bills' fans and media talking heads who opposed his being named starter in the first place, were eager to see him scratched as starter the following week against those same Chargers' who assisted in etching Peterman's sullied reputation in stone. 

Wishes granted, but was it premature?  

We  put together our prediction threads or at the very least circle games on the NFL schedule that we should win entering the new season, and those 'winnable' games are more likely than not based off the opposing team's end from the previous season.

What we knew about the Baltimore Ravens entering game one, was that they failed to make the playoffs, struggled behind a stagnant offense that found itself near bottom in offensive rankings, and customarily finished strong defensively. 

Many were quick to call for the reins to be handed over to Josh Allen after week one, but I bet almost nobody knew that we were playing against a Baltimore Ravens' defense, that would be holding the No.1 overall spot in defensive rankings five weeks later, or ranking ninth in total offense for that matter.

The offense has been handed over to Josh Allen; he's had his hope-inspiring moments, still, even those who supported the switch to Allen, have suggested that he isn't ready to start, is leaving plays out on the field in both wins and losses, and isn't showing the progression from one week to the next, that they hoped for. 

Josh Allen vs. the No. 4 ranked Green Bay Packers defense: 16 of 33; 151 yards; 0 TD's; 2 INTs; sacked 7 times; passer rating of 36.3.

The creative mind in offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, got the stronger-armed QB who he was enamored with all throughout training camp calling the shots in time for that Week 4 matchup....same results essentially versus a top-5 rated defense.

To answer my own question: Yes, the switch from Peterman was premature.  

As we've seen from season opener, with time, things can progress for the better: the Bills' defense now hold the distinction of ranking third in total defense, despite its disastrous first outing.

So could have been the case with Nathan Peterman...we'll never know. 

McDermott should have stayed the course and stuck to his guns the way he and Daboll did all through training camp, amidst the cries from Allen's biggest supporters, to have his reps increased with the 1st team offense; instead, he was likely moved by outside voices and perhaps some inside voices, but mostly outside ones; how else could one explain the Bills' organization retaining a young QB deemed so bad and incorrigible?

I believe McDermott likely sees the potential for the lights to finally come on in Peterman and finally show the potential that caused him to take interest in him; and this why he continues to confidently insert him into ballgames at the dismay of many. 

Peterman must be allowed  to start consecutive games if he's to ever develop and learn from his errors.

6 games played in, three started in, only one of which was a home game...Los Angeles at Buffalo would've been the perfect follow-up game to attempt to get his confidence back on track.

If McDermott's going to continue to display this level of faith in Peterman, then he needs to be all in, and stick by him regardless of who on the outside might question it. Only then will he, Peterman, and those such as myself, who root for Peterman, truly know if he really belongs in the league or not. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Excellent post. Could not agree more. Very refreshing to see a well-thought-out and articulated post rather than everybody sucks, and fire everybody blah blah blah. The peanut gallery will roast you good but I thank you for the Post.