McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

McDumbass could literally forget to show up to the game this Sunday and you'd have "fans" defending him saying "it's only one game" or "you can't blame him with how mean Schopp was to him on Monday".

Good on Schopp for asking the questions that real fans want answered instead of the softballs water-carrying lackeys like Sal go for. Seriously, how pathetic was his "sorry" at the press conference?

This team has been run by idiots for going on two decades now yet people complain about how smug a radio host is. Go listen to John Murphy's daily tongue baths if the truth bothers you that much. 

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

No, McD doesn't go into the studio to talk each Monday with Schopp & Bulldog.

He calls in to the station over a telephone line, as most, if not all guest appearances are done at the station.

S&B broadcast from "716" on Sabres home game days and then guests come to them at that location in person, that's about all I can think of that is not talking to them over the telephone.

McD connects with them from the studio in Orchard Park. 

Edited by CBend

13 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

No that's not really true Mike said thanks Sean. The interview was over he just didn't say bye

Correct.  Schopp said thanks Sean and he left the call. OP needs to listen better.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who hasn’t wanted to do that? 

There's that. ?

Despite our continual yip-yapping (including mine), history clearly shows:

- we'll tolerate losing

- we'll tolerate having QBs regularly throw for less than 100 yards/game,

- we'll tolerate having a 30 year old RB as our best offensive player,

- we'll tolerate having a backup QB who quite possibly has the worst QB on-field performance in the history of the game, all because he: says "yes, Sir" to the coach, practices hard, goes to church, leads his Boy Scout troop, etc.

- we'll tolerate focusing on defense in a league that is purposefully tweaking its own rules to promote offense,

- we'll tolerate using 2 roster spots on a 3rd kicker and a fullback,

- we'll tolerate some jive about "culture" and "process" as though those things were substitutes for talent (instead of, say, doing it the other way: acquiring talent and teaching them culture ...)

- we'll tolerate a coach that thinks "analytics" are only things that guys who get pushed into lockers worry about ...

... But we will NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES tolerate getting snotty with us when we ask questions.  Especially critical ones.  The quickest (and possibly the only) way out the door for a Buffalo Bills coach is to lose fan support.    

McD's little dictator routine that he's displayed as of late will not sell in November when we've officially dropped out of "in the hunt" status.

Edited by MRM33064
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

A 6 pack of Milwaukee's best is a very apt comparison for the Bills QBs.

Because it's just a sponsorship. They aren't all calling from the same device or place. Paul Hamilton also calls in from the AT&T hotline, from all over. He has some headset crap he uses. Surely the idea this is just a sponsorship and they're just calling a number can't be jaw dropping. They aren't exchanging nuclear codes.

Why is it crystal clear when Sal calls in, regardless of where he is?

Obviously if the Bills had unlimited cap space peterman would not be even the backup  here.  Anderson was looking elsewhere 

but the situation he was looking for did not materialize. For what they got, McCarron trade was not good but again there are always 

cap space considerations when your in salary cap jail. We may have to live with peterman until Anderson is ready and or Allen returns or the OL kills Peterman. Till Buffalo gets out of their cap situation not much can be done.

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Why is it crystal clear when Sal calls in, regardless of where he is?

He’s not on a phone, he and Paul have some sort of device they use to connect remotely through the internet.

• Like (+1) 1

It was criminal for McBeane to enter this season with Peterman the starter and a rookie backing him up. Knowing how often QBs get injured and Peterman's play last year, is it that hard to acknowledge you need a third option? Is it worth having another backup LB or DB on the 53 man roster over another QB with a depth chart like that?

I expect the GM and HC to better plan at the most important position and that's not hindsight. They got cute at QB and it came back to hurt them.  If McCoach doesn't like that, well, too bad.

No reasonable person expected Buffalo to win double digit games, but when you've got a chance at Houston and the backup already failed QB loses it for you, there's going to be frustration.

Just like the clowns on the radio this morning. CONSTANT pokes towards McDermott and his development of Allen, cutting Peterman, bad coaching decisions, etc. Smart ass comments that only inflame the situation and of course, they know will piss McD off.

I know they're sticking up for Schoop, but seriously, I would not waste my time with the hacks.

BUT when it's the only game in town and you have a contract...

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well I would hang up on them too if they questioned what I was doing as an NFL head coach by two radio hosts.

Yah but when does the forest come into view for the tree's ? Sure Petermen is great guy, has a great work ethic, & has a decent arm for the college game .

But this is the NFL & like a coach once said it stands for Not For long if you can't produce in this league weather it be a player or a coach so this coach needs to see what's in front of him & do the appropriate thing .

Because by Petermen continuing to d what he does on the field no matter how mentally tough the kid is eventually he will be ruined given what he has done to this point !! 

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That was as far from described in original post as can be. 

Sounded like a notmal conversation with a with a coach after a loss where he has made some questionable decisions. 

Nothing to see here as they say. 

It’s 2018, and I demand more fake outrage from you, sir. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Just like the clowns on the radio this morning. CONSTANT pokes towards McDermott and his development of Allen, cutting Peterman, bad coaching decisions, etc. Smart ass comments that only inflame the situation and of course, they know will piss McD off.

I know they're sticking up for Schoop, but seriously, I would not waste my time with the hacks.

BUT when it's the only game in town and you have a contract...

Buffalo sports media is pretty tame. If WGR gets to McD, then he better stay away from any hotbed media markets. They would eat him alive.

The Bills have been a tire fire for a long time. Although showing improvement and ending the drought, there’s a lot of red flags about McD and Allen. The things WGR is talking about and asking McD is exactly what they should be.

Why is Allen playing?

Why is Peterman on the team?

Why is the offensive roster devoid of talent?

How can you preach culture and have KB be a direct contradiction of it?

And many of McD’s decisions are highly suspect. It’s not 1993. All the data casual observers could ever need to make logical criticisms is out there. The data isn’t kind to McD.

You can love the Bills. You can like McD. You can even like the direction the team is going in but there’s plenty to criticize and WGR isn’t in the wrong here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

It was the first time they have ever really pressed him and he didn't like it.  McDermott was snappy with them the whole time and once told Schopp "I'm not sure what your asking" in a condescending tone.  Then hung up without saying goodbye haha.

It's obvious he is not HC material, on and off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
17 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

It's obvious he is not HC material, on and off the field.

I don't agree with that.  He has done some pretty good things so far and he has proven himself as a defensive mind and coach.  That said before the Bills had a 17 year playoff drought, the team went to 4 Super Bowls.  We are a proud fan base and although the end of the drought won McDermott a lot of good will, that can all be gone if and almost is with his handling of the QB position and his insistence on having Peterman on this roster.  His personal feelings for this kid have clouded his football judgement and it has cost the team games.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

No, I don't think that is what it was at all.

I know just what you are talking about.  McD just hung up without saying "bye" or anything else once Schopp effectively made it clear the interview was over by saying "All right Sean, thanks."

Mike, I'm sure you're a fine person but I really dislike how you do your job.

The real story is Schopp disappearing for a good 15 minutes afterward, leaving Bulldog to stumble through the next 2 segments with nobody to help him as he fought his daily battles with the English language....

Where did Mike go? what was he doing? What did he know? When did he know it?

What happened during SCHOPP'S LOST SEGMENTS?

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 2