McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The post I quoted wasn't just talking about week 7.  Context, brah.

No choice in week 7 after months of poor choices at the QB position is a bad excuse.

Sorry, Brah, it was my post you were quoting. All I was talking about was this week. You said it - context, Son. 

Edited by Tyrion

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I made the mistake of tuning in at 3pm on the drive home( I know foolish me but all the classic rock stations were in commercials)

So it was basically a carry over from Friday...Cornfed isn't progressing and its time to draft another QB.

But how can we trust McD to draft and develop a new QB when he blew it with Peter beater and Cornfed?

F those two idiots saying crap like that when they know the Coach is coming on.

If I ever see them on the street I am going to bust them in the mouth :(

Lol I'm assuming this a joke... lol cornfed

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

The coach makes millions of dollars if he can’t stand the heat in the kitchen then get out of being an NFL head coach and go back to being a defensive coordinator. 

Peterman should’ve been cut weeks ago.  They should’ve picked up a qualified back up weeks ago. They seem very negligent towards trying to improve the offense. 

I love how guys say “We should have picked up another QB” or “Should have signed that guy”. You understand it’s a two way street right? The “qualified” QB you speak of has to: 1) Want to play in the NFL or possibly retire (Derek Anderson) and 2) Want to play for the Bills or hold out for a possible starting gig and 3) There has to be an agreement re. $$.  You don’t just grab a QB like you grab a 6 pack of Milwaukee’s Best at 7-11. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tyrion said:

Sorry, Brah, it was my post you were quoting. All I was talking about was this week. You said it - context, son. 

Now go back and read the post you originally quoted (likely for the first time) which concerned the season as a whole and McD's fate at the end of the year (hint: the context I'm referring to) and catch up with the rest of class.  Try to think of posts not as stand alone expressions of your limited comprehension but as a dialogue and it may just come together for you. 

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Now go back and read the post you originally quoted (likely for the first time) which concerned the season as a whole and McD's fate at the end of the year (hint: the context I'm referring to) and catch up with the rest of class.  Try to think of posts not as stand alone expressions of your limited comprehension but as a dialogue and it may just come together for you. 

And what does my post have to do with the previous post? I was simply replying that McD may not have that choice. But instead of saying, "oh, you're right, my bad," you double down on your stupidity. 

But please, keep condescending and pretending like you know what you're talking about. It's amusing to see all of you Monday Morning QBs faint and catch the vapors over crap you know so little about. 

Edited by Tyrion

8 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I love how guys say “We should have picked up another QB” or “Should have signed that guy”. You understand it’s a two way street right? The “qualified” QB you speak of has to: 1) Want to play in the NFL or possibly retire (Derek Anderson) and 2) Want to play for the Bills or hold out for a possible starting gig and 3) There has to be an agreement re. $$.  You don’t just grab a QB like you grab a 6 pack of Milwaukee’s Best at 7-11. 

So all these backups are holding out week 5 for a starting shot and more money?  Stupid agents...

1 minute ago, Tyrion said:

And what does my post have to do with the previous post? I was simply replying that McD may not have that choice. But instead of saying, "oh, you're right, my bad," you double down on your stupidity. 

But please, keep condescending and pretending like you know what you're talking about. It's amusing to see all of you Monday Morning QBs faint and catch the vapors over crap you know so little about. 

What does your post have to do with the post that you quoted?  These are things that you should probably figure out before you start typing and definitely before you submit reply.

I think I see what I'm working with here now.  Soooo, YOLO!! am I right?? Git R Done, Tyrion.  These colors don't run!  My other car is a boat.  A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work, right? Keep honking, I'm reloading.  What's the verbal equivalent of Calvin urinating on a Chevy?  You da man!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stony said:

Fair enough. Still think we're an interesting proposition for an unsigned backup come week 5.  

I tend to agree but if anyone is actually paying attention to the bills that might want to sign here and see they are 3rd in sacks allowed they might have some reservations along with the stellar receivers we have.

It's basically accepting a job where you know you're going to be getting beat up if you end up having to go in.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

What does your post have to do with the post that you quoted?  These are things that you should probably figure out before you start typing and definitely before you submit reply.

I think I see what I'm working with here now.  Soooo, YOLO!! am I right?? Git R Done, Tyrion.  These colors don't run!  My other car is a boat.  A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work, right? Keep honking, I'm reloading.  What's the verbal equivalent of Calvin urinating on a Chevy?  You da man!

I'm in my 50s, a west-coast,  unabashed, liberal academic, world-traveler, and ex-college football player. 

So, your poster-reading is about as good as your pathetic football knowledge and hyperbolic, doomsday, "oh noes we lost on Sunday, abandon ship" BS. 

But you be you. Brah.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

McDermott has some Doug Marrone in him. 

He's got that, I've been there, done that, seen it all, this is how you do it, earning the right to win everyday mentality. 

He's seen it all, he's thought of everything. 

But his team has been bashed in 3 out of 6 games, and the guy he picked as starting QB has thrown up on himself 4 of the 5 times he's seen the field (Chargers, Jaguars, Ravens, Texans). 

Which is what happens when you're earlier in a rebuild and dealing with a rookie QB always thought to need a lot of development and at the same time dealing with a horrible salary cap situation left to you by the last administration that you promised the owners you'd correct by the end of your second year ... which is fast approaching. 

This year was always going to look bad. Many on here wanted to pretend that wasn't so, but it was always the likely outcome unless Josh Allen somehow started playing like a veteran ... again, extremely unlikely from minute one.

It might have been a bit better with a better veteran QB. But McCarron sucked and they didn't have the cap money to get someone better.

Edited by Thurman#1

Just now, Tyrion said:

I'm in my 50s, a west-coast,  unabashed, liberal academic, world-traveler, and ex-college football player. 

So, your poster-reading is about as good as your pathetic football knowledge and hyperbolic, doomsday, "oh noes we lost on Sunday, abandon ship" BS. 

But you be you. Brah.

An unabashed, west coast, world traveling, self-satisfied, liberal academic that still doesn't know what his own post has to do with the one he's responding to??!?!?  In that case, please accept my sincere apologies.  The important thing here is not the content but that you exercised your right to post and that you feel very good about yourself.   And you should, you unicorn man...manicorn?...yeah, MANICORN! 

Goodnight, Manicorn!!  I believe in you!

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

An unabashed, west coast, world traveling, self-satisfied, liberal academic that still doesn't know what his own post has to do with the one he's responding to??!?!?  In that case, please accept my sincere apologies.  The important thing here is not the content but that you exercised your right to post and that you feel very good about yourself.   And you should, you unicorn man...manicorn?...yeah, MANICORN! 

Goodnight, Manicorn!!  I believe in you!

ooohhhhhhh, I see now. My apologies. You're a moron. Carry on. ?

48 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McDermott may already be unraveling.

I don’t see him being allowed to hire a second GM or a third OC.  He’s in serious hot water now that the prized QB predictably got hurt and the backup situation was bungled.

I respect your posts from over the years, i do.

But how hot can the water possibly get from a year that is essentially a tredding water year for development? Im obviously a Bills fan - but I, as it seems most pundits expected a step back this year in order for a step forward. 2 wins didnt change that. Its like saying a painting looks like crap half way through. If after next season there arent strides - fine. But if anything, he has gotten more out of teams than expected. Unless you had them pegged for a deep superbowl run this year, why is this even a thing? He has his young D with a few vets mixed with old and young scrubs playing out of their minds and the worst talent on the other side of the ball possibly in the league (half of whom wont be here next year) and has gotten enough for 2 wins. Kinda polishing a turd. Dont get me wrong, its not good enough on O, but its also far from a finished product. Perspective is important. Not everything is or needs to be a fireable offense. 

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1