McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

Just now, The Wiz said:

That's assuming that they weren't trying to sign someone sooner after cutting AJM.

Was Derek Anderson not available in August?  Not buying it.

Not signing a 3rd QB after trading AJM looks questionable.  Keeping Peterman over AJM looks pretty dumb right now.  Not signing a 3rd QB after Peterman picked up where he left off week 1 is inexcusable.  No choice in week 7 is a joke.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Was Derek Anderson not available in August?  Not buying it.

Not signing a 3rd QB after trading AJM looks questionable.  Keeping Peterman over AJM looks pretty dumb right now.  Not signing a 3rd QB after Peterman picked up where he left off week 1 is inexcusable.  No choice in week 7 is a joke.

Not saying it's not probable.  Just that they probably thought that Nate's preseason was good enough to warrant the start.  Realized they were wrong and wanted to see what they had in Allen.  After a few games they might have thought he wasn't progressing the way they wanted him to and looked to add another QB.

Granted this is a reactive approach instead of proactive but it could have gone down either way.  We will never know for sure.

3 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

He got up and left abruptly after a mundane question about allen practicing this week. He didnt say good bye.

Schopp and Bulldog were giggling and taking shots about "culture" just before he came on air.

They do that all the time. As if nobody listens to them and wouldn't know.....Wait....Never mind ?

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Doesn't have a choice?  Going into the season with one QB and Peterman on the roster is a choice.  Prepping for week 2 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 3 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 4 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Waiting until week 5 to sign a second QB to the roster was a choice.

Amen. He completely mismanaged the QB situation. It’s inexcusable 

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

Not saying it's not probable.  Just that they probably thought that Nate's preseason was good enough to warrant the start.  Realized they were wrong and wanted to see what they had in Allen.  After a few games they might have thought he wasn't progressing the way they wanted him to and looked to add another QB.

Granted this is a reactive approach instead of proactive but it could have gone down either way.  We will never know for sure.

That's exactly what they thought.  And even after witnessing another dismal outing week 1 which should have erased any doubt about Peterman's ability to get the job done on Sunday they did nothing.  Weeks went by.  And now they're in a position where they may have to play Peterman and that's inexcusable in my opinion.

"Sean, fans want to understand. What do you see in him we don't"?

Question asked in sarcastic tone while belittling Nathan. Almost saying "How dare you start Petterman!! Us fans don't get it".

"When you are reflecting on decisions you make, such as keeping him on the roster, do you go back and evaluate your decision"

In otherwords, they want McD to come out & admit he was an idiot for starting him.

The way they asked these questions was ignorant.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I was 5 rows behind the Bills bench yesterday.  Take it for what its worth, but I saw almost no clapping from McD all game.  He's losing it.

And I was six rows behind the bench and I got real worried when Peterman started warming up. Also why didn’t coach Mcd tell him not to throw the ball when the game was tied with a minute 40 left.  We could’ve tried to run it and work our way down to the field goal area. 

Poor coaching!

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That's exactly what they thought.  And even after witnessing another dismal outing week 1 which should have erased any doubt about Peterman's ability to get the job done on Sunday they did nothing.  Weeks went by.  And now they're in a position where they may have to play Peterman and that's inexcusable in my opinion.

That's a fair take.  I think they would probably play Anderson with 30% of the playbook over putting in Peterman again though.

• Like (+1) 1

I find myself over the years agreeing a lot with Schopp. He's generally logical and doesn't buy into momentum type logic etc.

..but he goes way too far with the culture stuff and won't give it up that each coach must set guidelines and boundaries. He totally oversimplifies leadership (signs of someone who has no leadership experience).

Am I Seans biggest advocate? No. I do think he feels rightfully disrespected, however.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Doesn't have a choice?  Going into the season with one QB and Peterman on the roster is a choice.  Prepping for week 2 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 3 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Prepping for week 4 with one QB on the roster and Peterman is a choice.  Waiting until week 5 to sign a second QB to the roster was a choice.

lol....doesn't have a choice this week. duh. 

In retrospect McDermott's cagey answers make sense because he knew that Allen is out for a few weeks and he's stuck with Peterman for a while.  They should sign Landry Jones to the practice squad though

• Like (+1) 1

The coach makes millions of dollars if he can’t stand the heat in the kitchen then get out of being an NFL head coach and go back to being a defensive coordinator. 

Peterman should’ve been cut weeks ago.  They should’ve picked up a qualified back up weeks ago. They seem very negligent towards trying to improve the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

I believe Schopp is an arrogant, belittling jerk.  And for the first time, I respect him for not hiding it with a "high" profile guest.  

Still completely inappropriate, but at least he didn't hide it.  Usually he holds that for callers that he thinks he is better than.